• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    0u3yo1vfjoee.jpg
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca: I shop at two local stores. In both cases I take in my durable plastic bags. When I get to the checkout stand, I go to the end of the stand and bag my own groceries. The stores here are fine with that. I also wear a mask and gloves at all times while in the store. It works well for me. You could ask about it. They might say no, but they also might say yes. Do the baggers at your store wear gloves and masks? If they don’t, how are you being protected? :flowerforyou:

Lanette: I have been walking with the dog & DH. We have shopped at our local Safeway and IGA for most things. Walmart gets a share of our business, too. Most of the time I get dog food there. :star:

Rori: I’m glad to hear things are going well. It is good to hear that DH has been mellow. :heart: Mars is a very photogenic kitty. :star:

Machka: The Governor of Oregon has closed all the schools until September. The schools in our area still provide lunches that can be picked up by the kids. :star:

(((Michelle))): I hope you are able to bring Jake home soon. I’m glad your daughter Jess is there with you. :heart:

(((Marianne WV)))

We seem to be getting through and staying sane. We’ve taken a couple of walks in our neighborhood. This is new for DH and I’m delighted he’s going along. The dog and I walk, & DH rides his mobility scooter. We now have our recumbent bikes set up on trainers in the garage so that we can use them to burn calories in good weather or bad, any time of day or night. There are wheel blocks on the front wheels and a tension roller on the back to create a good workout for our legs. On our walk today we spotted an osprey couple in their nest at the end of the road. When we got home I looked across the river from us and spotted another osprey in its usual nest. I've been looking for them so that put a smile on my face. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

The commissary is definitely a whole different brand of store compared to stores in the civilian world. Ever since I married into this life, the commissary has had baggers. Its not a choice, it just comes with the shopping experience. There are two types of baggers, kids that want some extra cash, or retired ladies, mostly Filipino. They work for tips only, so there's many that give them a buck, maybe $5. Some give $20. This is income they don't have to report, its a crazy system. Lee and I agree, if they whine and want more money, get a job with an actual paycheck. We usually pick lines with teenagers if we can, but many times you're just instructed to go to this line or that line. Two weeks ago the cashier and baggers maybe 2% were wearing masks. The cashier was wiping down her station with every customer though. We are going this Tuesday. I think the commissary and exchange both have implemented mandatory masks for everyone.👍 I might bag my own if I can. The last time we shopped though, your own bags weren't even allowed in the store.
    💖Rebecca
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    RORI ~ Just wanted to tell you that Mars the Leash Loving Cat is so handsome. Love him!

HEATHER ~ Edie did a great job decorating her mom. What's with the eye in the middle of her forehead? Enjoy your pizza and wine.

AMBER ~ How do you make your Broccoli Normandy?

SUZIQ ~ So glad you found TP and hope Lucy finds some soon.

We were disappointed in our Instacart delivery yesterday. They had to replace a lot of items I asked for with some that were less desirable. The only ground meat available was one lb. pack of 75% lean. We will probably go to Walmart at 6 AM for senior shopping on Tuesday as I will need to pick up a prescription and hopefully we will get some things that will keep us going.

Carol in GA

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Carol - I think she looks like cross between Hercule Poirot and a Mystic Mason! Edie insisted she send a pic. :D
    I think it is just wonderful that the kids still feel close to us. <3 Your granddaughter and her dress are amazing! <3

The pizza was really good. Not quite Fatto a Mano standard, but excellent. DH didn't have to wait at all and I had already paid. I had done 900 calories exercise today to atone for my sin. :o

I have a heart at peace tonight, though, as is the way with hearts, I want more.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Hippie mama- sounds like your doing good to me.I lost 50lbs in 1 year. I hit plateaus get stuck yo-yo 🪀 area for months even before I go down a level. Found measurements of my body change even if weight doesn’t eventually.

Broccoli Normandy-
    torn up Broccoli 🥦,sliced carrots 🥕, cauliflower diced up.
    Boil it ,steam it,or bake it Depending on my mood. I’m boiling today plain nothing added drain out in Tupperware.

Amber Tx

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    MARGARET ~ Completely understand your disappointment! So sorry this happened to you . :'(
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    SuiQ: "Quarantine day 16—Up on the Roof by the Drifters." Music helps mood. :wink:

Rebecca: I understand the situation shopping on base is very different than the shopping I do. So far no one has objected to me filling my own bags except the first day when another customer decided that I wasn’t playing fair. I am a tree hugger and don’t want to kill trees unnecessarily. Paper bags are on my avoid if possible list. I shop in privately owned or corporate stores where I am a regular customer. I suspect that is a reason they let me do it my way. They know that my actions never endanger anyone. :flowerforyou:

Peachy: Your granddaughter is lovely. :heart:

Barbie: I like your one day at a time message. Working plumbing is right up there on our gratitude list. So is walking the dog. :flowerforyou:

So far today I’ve run errands and watched the birds from our upstairs window. I hope my son and his family are able to get good rest today after their long drive back from DDIL’s family home. Her mom is at home with loved ones and surrounded by beauty. I don’t know how much longer she will be with us and I hope that she is able to feel the love and support from her family and friends. She has battled cancer for a long time. I hope she has the gift of a heart at peace. Thank you, Heather, for expressing those words. They fit the situation well.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

Zwift bike trainer- 1hr 6min 44sec, 15.8amph, 1608ft elevation, 17.58mi= 660c
    Apple Watch- didn't record right
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Margaret- Can make you All holidays after the virus is said y gone.Were sort of celebrating birthday all others were not . JR won’t notice luckily but Daughter not going to celebrate her birthday at all especially since we had the death in the family (normal our family skips or postpones birthday to anniversaries when someone passes)

Amber Tx