• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Llll
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Flea- The masks look so nice! Way 2 Go!

Made soup packet type egg noodle chicken soup . Added a can of green beans drained, can of corn with its water, broccoli Normandy so should stretch y bulk it up some. Turned out good y very filling.

Quick Vote 🗳 YES (Family is complaining about the meals being repeats or too new lol they balk at it) or NO (Their happy with anything I can make)

I’d have to say YES if I feel I’m Moses wandering the desert 🐫 🌵 with a bunch of complainers lol 😆. Hubby saying chicken soup ugghh not chicken. Okay what do you want then? Baked chicken with mash potatoes y broccoli Normandy y expired crackers. ✅ Requested Chicken 🐓 for the man 👨 tired of chicken 🍗 ??? Quarantine brain farting at its finest

Amber Tx

Still sewing masks mine are not fancy but got a crying toddler every time I stitch so what folks get they get
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Heather thank you for the idea. I do have to remember my choir colleague who has two parents with COVID and it does not look good for her dad. Puts things in perspective.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Margaret - Mexican casserole type can be made to nacho soups. Maybe take the ingredients create a potluck recipe of some sort or a pot pie like Heather suggested

Amber
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Wish I had prelogged, wouldn't have gone over if I had. Oh well....probably won't log tomorrow since it's Easter.

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    I am going to do quite a large shopping run on Tues. We have both masks as my son needs to have a totally black one at work. I am planning on bringing a ziplock baggie of wipes to periodically wipe my hands with. Sadly when you eat food down to the bare minimum, it takes a large run to make meals with.
    My choice for protein :
    -roast chicken
    -beef kielbasa
    -albacore tuna
    -beans of some sort
    -eggs
    -tilapia
    My carbs are:
    Hearty grain bread
    Wild rice
    Baby potatoes

Veggies:
    Bok choy
    Seedless cucumbers
    Fresh spinach
    Diced tomatoes and onions (canned)
    Cabbage

Dairy:
    Greek vanilla yogurt
    Fruit:
    Strawberries or blueberries

That's pretty much it. The fact that I have 15 dinners planned makes for the long list. But my list is pretty simple. I need to find a sweet thing. I want to buy some wasabi almonds as a treat. Not like I will pig out on those. My last shopping run I bought toffee cashews. Bad choice as the blasted tin was hard to put down!
    Hugs ladies!
    💖Rebecca
  • hippymamax12
    hippymamax12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you AmberTX! It's good to know that a plateau can be common. I'll keep working away and try not to get too discouraged. We will have 4.5 months until the wedding. :)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Keep in mind I started loosing weight a few months before the Doctor thought it wasn’t fast enough so downloaded the app that’s why it looks like a 1 day drop lol. I lost before y after the same just eating healthier now building muscles back from surgeries
    5s05qrqkrj17.jpeg
    s6eowa848s56.jpeg
    b6i4b3hbjejw.jpeg
    9wt8h5wdw17b.jpeg
    naqihhr3gx07.png

Hippy- Ones dress does not make a special day for the one who chooses you. You are what makes it special they loved you before the dress,makeup,sparkles,y weight loss will after the big day. For men the big day is when you said yes. For us Women we put too much of our priorities on a day that’s only 30min-3hrs long depending on if theirs dancing after or not. You’ll reach your goal of becoming healthy in the end. Exercising,portion control,read even the condiments calories when counting them.
    Also if clothes become loose it’s a sign y expect the first weight to poof from the boobs!

Amber Tx

Rebecca maybe write alternatives too on your shopping list. Sometimes if the fruit your wants gone it’s good now to have 2 backups.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,838 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Good morning from sunny but cold Canada! Looking for some extra tips as I seem to be stuck on my weight loss. My goal is to drop 30 pounds. I have managed to lose 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks but for the last 2 weeks, I've stayed at my current weight. I work out daily (32 minutes on the treadmill/2 minutes cool down) and use our BowFlex 4 to 5 times per week. Stretches each day. Definitely am losing inches and feeling tighter in various areas. But why, why, why is my weight stuck? I'm geared for 1200 calories a day and typically add in 200ish with my workouts, but mainly am under at the end of the day. Lost my appetite with this Pandemic but eat each day to sustain. I'm 57, went thru menopause quickly, with no issues and no residual effects. I take no hormones. Anyone else had this experience? I'm going to keep going as it's helping me have increased energy and I feel good. But our son is getting married in September and we are both working hard to get back in shape and this is making me a bit down. Would love to hear if this is normal. Thank you everyone!

Weight loss isn't linear ... it doesn't happen nice and consistently as we would like. Stick with it!

Are you weighing your food?
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • melanieatl970
    melanieatl970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. This is my first time vistas this site. I have been up and down with working out since the quarantine started. I managed to lose weight because I refuse to snack everytime I get anxious. I just got back from a 4 mile walk after an hour workout this morning. I really wanted to keep my goal of working out a minimum of 3 times per week. So look for me here again. I can use the inspiration as I work towards my hot wife summer😊.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Amber-Yep, I do need to be adaptable. I have been looking at the health treats monthly subscription clubs online. I sometimes get in a rut snackwise. I buy the same things. But I am hesitant to try new stuff. I have had a couple of bad decision making purchases. One was a fat free truffle, another was some bars that tasted cement-ish. If there is a couple of different items in a box, if I don't like it, then I make a note to never order it. But subscriptions can be dicey.
    💖Rebecca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

2-3 rolls of TP a week??? Ok I’m under performing… 2 squares per #1, 3 squares for each wipe of #2 sometimes more than one wipe… A roll is lasting 10-18 days….

Today was great - I gardened at a client who was not ok with having me over due to the virus, but this week she called! and between rain and a couple of things going on Saturday turned out to be the best day… but she is over her case of nerves and I am back to once every week gardening. That is a beginning to helping my budget.

A few have asked about masks, I have tried out a few different styles and have decided that the one with the pleats on the side is best, the fitted one is more comfy but the row of needle holes from sewing the 2 halves together lines up with your nose and mouth and that doesn’t seem like the way to go. They are being sold all over Etsy, but I will be making a couple for me and my mom and am happy to make some for you all, - I will be using supplies I have on hand, so very limited fabric choices, I will ask that anyone who is interested PM’s me. I will just be asking for covering the cost of mailing. Quantities will be limited.

Kim from N. California