How desperate are you for human contact?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    hlr1987 wrote: »
    God no. I always wonder if business would do away with open plan offices if they realised how bat *kitten* crazy /anxious those of us who are introverted get when we HAVE to be surrounded by people for 8-10 hours straight until we hide in the toilets for some quiet. This is bliss, and somehow my work is managing just fine remotely.

I feel your pain. As a full blown introvert, I agree... if I could have a job where I work from home & have rare contact with others, I'd love it. I don't even like to talk on the phone to anyone... I'd rather email or text. When I was a computer programmer, I loved never seeing anyone & being encased by a 6' partition... my work cocoon.

I’ve been trying to get someone to call my mother and tell her to text me because I don’t do telephones. She keeps texting and leaving voicemails that say “call me.” IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF THE TEXT!

I think that someone could be you. Just pick up the damn phone and call her, Nothing like coming straight from the horses mouth. ;)

I'm so glad my parents don't text.
    DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Not telling, reasoning with you. At this point, you have two options:

1) Call her yourself and tell her you don't do phones (yet, you're calling her and you have your phone in your hand when you text her... ;) )

2) Put up with her texting you then calling you afterwards.

:p
    God no. I always wonder if business would do away with open plan offices if they realised how bat *kitten* crazy /anxious those of us who are introverted get when we HAVE to be surrounded by people for 8-10 hours straight until we hide in the toilets for some quiet. This is bliss, and somehow my work is managing just fine remotely.

I feel your pain. As a full blown introvert, I agree... if I could have a job where I work from home & have rare contact with others, I'd love it. I don't even like to talk on the phone to anyone... I'd rather email or text. When I was a computer programmer, I loved never seeing anyone & being encased by a 6' partition... my work cocoon.

I’ve been trying to get someone to call my mother and tell her to text me because I don’t do telephones. She keeps texting and leaving voicemails that say “call me.” IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF THE TEXT!

I think that someone could be you. Just pick up the damn phone and call her, Nothing like coming straight from the horses mouth. ;)

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

1) Call her yourself and tell her you don't do phones (yet, you're calling her and you have your phone in your hand when you text her... ;) )

3. Never answer phones and let text messages sit for three or more days

4. Have stranger/creep Melissa call my mom and make everything right.
    Me: this girl I’ve never met wants to call you. That ok? (Shows her picture)

Mom: she’s pretty. How do you know her?

Me: i don’t

Mom: well, how does she know who I am?

Me: I told her about how you can’t get me on the phone and she offered to take my place.

Mom: what does she do?

Me: idk. She has five kids though.

Mom: five! Definitely have her call me. Does she sew? Is she a Christian? How does she have five kids with a figure like that?

Me: 🤷‍♀️
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    She’s gonna laugh her *kitten* off when I show her this exchange

Or she will be extremely disappointed with you.....
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Lol. Never. My mama loves me and thinks my crazy is cute
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Lol. Never. My mama loves me and thinks my crazy is cute

Mama can stand in line. <3
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Me: I told her about how you can’t get me on the phone and she offered to take my place.

Mom: five! Definitely have her call me. Does she sew? Is she a Christian? How does she have five kids with a figure like that?

Mom says you’re out and I’m in.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

seems fair
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I've completed three puzzles so far (300, 500 and 1000 pieces) and am still going. I think I can go a little longer on more puzzles before I go crazy.
  • 64bgabel
    64bgabel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I knit and crochet... so by the time this is over the elders homes will be quite cozy this summer. But dag... I want tea time with someONEEEEEE.
  • MelG7777
    Options

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

seems fair

🤣
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I broke quarantine today and hung out with someone at the park : - )
    I wish all of you find the human contact you're looking for someday soon (even if you have to pay $20 for it like I did).
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    I wish all of you find the human contact you're looking for someday soon (even if you have to pay $20 for it like I did).

$20!?!,

This is getting out of hand.
  • heartattackspecial
    heartattackspecial Posts: 53 Member
    Options

$20!?!,

In hand more likely
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options

$20!?!,

In hand more likely

For $10
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I am so desperate I am willing to accept FRs without a message now
  • MelG7777
    Options

I call bs on accepting any FR.🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options

Perfect. Too lazy to include messages in mine tonight.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Tonight I could use the biggest hug from one of them. I'd give up my hot cheetos addiction for it.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Tonight I could use the biggest hug from one of them. I'd give up my hot cheetos addiction for it.

z39prkoaluma.gif

You can keep your Cheetos too love!
  • happimess01
    Options

I call bs on accepting any FR.🤷🏻‍♀️

You know me so well

tenor.gif
  • happimess01
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »

Perfect. Too lazy to include messages in mine tonight.

It was just a phase and it has passed lol