May 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @shanaber there are a lot of people filling out apps now. so we are trying to be careful who we approve. we also encourage getting them used to the routine before "normal" happens so they don't have to deal with the seperation anxiety
    i have them about a month usually. a few i've had 3 months.

i've tried a few different kinds, i like experimenting
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’m catching up on the past few days of posts:

@elise4270 that is just mean, don’t build a girl’s hopes up.
    @Avidkeo just goes to show your feet weren’t on the ground that is why you didn’t feel it. I’ve had a lot of pains but never in that spot, sorry I hope it feels better soon.

@katharmonic gin and tonic and patio time, I need that. Beautiful pictures.

@kgirlhart we have the same problem here after a storms with dogs being out. I carried home a couple little dogs a couple weeks ago and locked them back in their yard, I recognized them. I told the owner next time I saw him out and he said the brown one let you carry it, I said yeah, he said girl you are the dog whisper that dog snap and bites everyone ha ha

@T1DCarnivoreRunner hope you are feeling better

@bearly I just read how the momma’s will hide the babies elsewhere and come to feed them at night and then maybe more them again and leave them all day.

@mbaker566 Scooby is sweet! We had to teach Champ, our new addition, how to play. He had no idea what toys were. Great corset! That GSD is breaking my heart. I love you foster so much.

@shanaber we are working on Champ for the reasons you mentioned, everyone is getting new dogs. I have tried to leave the house at least once a day and leave him with Skip and also leave him alone for longer stretches of time. The good thing is he has Macy to keep him company, but he cries insanely when I leave. I’m trying to teach him that I will always come back.
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    May 23rd- 2.4 miles
    May 24th- 1.5 miles
    May 25th- 1 mile
    May 26th- 2.7 miles

45.23/50.03 miles complete
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    And something else FANTASTIC....my wife's aunt tested NEGATIVE!!! Finally after 4 tests and 8 weeks!!!

Yay!!!

What about you? Have you beat it yet?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems with their Garmin not vibrating for notifications and alarms? Apparently my alarm did go off this morning, but since it was set to vibrate only it did not vibrate and that is why I overslept. I am also not getting any notifications and when my move bar "alerts" I am not getting that. I've played with it a little and if I set an alarm with "tone" it does work, but if I set "vibration" nothing, although if I am looking at it I see that it is going off and I have the option to snooze or dismiss. And if I set "tone and vibration" it chirps, but does not vibrate. This is really frustrating because I love having the alarm on my wrist in the morning, but I don't want it to make noise and wake my husband up. I have a FR35 and it is a couple of years old, so maybe it is time for a new one. I hope not though, because I really can't afford a new watch right now especially since I just ordered a pair of aftershokz titanium headphones (which were cheaper than a watch) on Friday.

I push text messages and calls to my Garmin and haven't always gotten them in the last 2 weeks. Maybe an update is due. My phone had an update. I don't care enough yet, to investigate it though. We're all home so I'm just missing nuisance notifications. I have the fenix

ETA welcome back @MegaMooseEsq !
    And
    'bout time @Scott6255 ! Glad everyone is better!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @bearly63 - the Black River trail is not in a national or state park. It's a converted railroad trail along the river, which is apparently a place where they do quite a bit of whitewater rafting. I did not know this and now I really want to go.

@scott6255 good news!!!!

@mbaker566 love all your dog pics. Scooby looks sweet and I feel so bad for the possible new foster. I hope you are able to show him the love and care he needs. And I would love a smores and dog party! The smore menu sounds fabulous.

@MegaMooseEsq! Great to see you! Good for you for making a new start!

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    05/01/20 :::: 16.2 :::: 16.2
    05/02/20 :::: 24.1 :::: 40.3
    05/03/20 :::: 8.0 :::: 48.3
    05/04/20 :::: 2.1 :::: 50.4
    05/05/20 :::: 2.3 :::: 52.7
    05/06/20 :::: 1.8 :::: 54.6
    05/07/20 :::: 4.0 :::: 58.6
    05/08/20 :::: 5.3 :::: 63.8
    05/09/20 :::: 1.6 :::: 65.4
    05/10/20 :::: 6.7 :::: 72.2
    05/11/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 77.2
    05/12/20 :::: 5.4 :::: 82.6
    05/13/20 :::: 5.4 :::: 87.9
    05/14/20 :::: 5.5 :::: 93.4
    05/15/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 98.5
    05/16/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 101.5
    05/17/20 :::: 11.0 :::: 112.5
    05/18/20 :::: 2.0 :::: 114.6
    05/19/20 :::: 3.6 :::: 118.2
    05/20/20 :::: 5.5 :::: 123.7
    05/21/20 :::: 5.5 :::: 129.3
    05/22/20 :::: 8.1 :::: 137.3
    05/23/20 :::: 2.0 :::: 139.3
    05/24/20 :::: 1.6 :::: 140.9
    05/25/20 :::: 9.4 :::: 150.2
    05/26/20 :::: 3.3 :::: 153.5

Ugh, super hot here today, heading over 90 degrees. This is the worst day though and then we're going back to the 60s over the weekend apparently. I ran a little after 8 am and it was not that hot yet, but grossly humid. I slogged out a slow run on the shady trails, but there was no breeze and it just felt like soup. An older guy on the trail struck up a conversation with me about the heat (naturally) and ended up talking my ear off for several minutes. He was very nice and I felt bad running away from him so I did slow down and talk for a bit. He was quite a character. I eventually got going again and headed back up the hill to go home. As soon as I got back home, I took Stella out for her walk to get that over with too. And now we are holing up in the AC for the rest of the day.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    The great new shoe dilemma
    gwkk9kmxn76l.jpg
    8szpy0yeudxk.jpg

Long jump time! :D
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Woo hoo!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    The great new shoe dilemma
    gwkk9kmxn76l.jpg
    8szpy0yeudxk.jpg

Long jump time! :D

oh my gosh!

I love this!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq woohoo for miracles that is a great start!!

@Scott6255 that is great news about your wife’s aunt, crazy it all took so long.

@kgirlhart I have a Garmin Forerunner 235 and it will do the same thing it seems to occasionally drop the sync to my phone etc.

@Elise4270 Oh yeah that is a big dilemma there for sure. First new pretty shoes and mud…..then we have clay here and it’s like ice when it’s wet like that.

@Camaramandy648 I lost like a 3 year streak and I had to just breathe and say oh well, you know you are doing what you need to do, no streak defines you. Sounds like a fantastic weekend!!!

So my at home days are coming to an end, my boss man just sent me an email that essential me needs to be in the office starting next Wednesday. Oh yeah me ha ha Actually I’m not heartbroken about it, it’s time. But now I’ll have to go back to getting up at 4:45 instead of 6:00 to get my runs in.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Being able to wake up later, run, and still be "at work" on time has been the absolute best part of working from home. I'm ready to go back to the office too (although we're hearing it will probably be September at the earliest for us), but I will miss that.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom we have clay too. I was just looking at the shoe prints of “real” runners and wondering how they managed not land on their rears through this. It’s probably sandy since it’s wash from the hill to the left. Not these “make me feel like Phil Collins” shoes, not today. I did bust my kitten there years ago on in-line skates. I can almost still feel it. :lol: