May 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @teresa502 I am still training for Chicago and MCM until I hear otherwise, but also worried about them canceling after Boston canceled.

Yay, I do not even know what to train for anymore. Maybe I will just get fat again so I have a reason to run - to lose weight and get healthy. :D
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 I pray the test comes back negative! You are in a no win situation with the isolation. Also praying that you make the best decision give the circumstances.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 I truly hope your son's test comes back soon, and negative. I wonder if your doctor ordered a comprehensive test. Because if it comes back negative, then the lab runs all kinds of other tests to see if he has any number of other illnesses (so you can get some answers for his symptoms). When my wife's got her Explanation of Benefits from her insurance, it showed the lab ran about 20+ other tests because it came back negative. They charged the insurance over $11,000!!! Yes, you read that right. The insurance settled it down to about $1000. But when she called to question it, they said they ran all those other tests because the doctor wrote a 'comprehensive order'.
    Just some info from someone with past experience. Take it for what you will.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 my heart is just breaking for you. I couldn't isolate myself from Skip if I believed she was sick though I certainly could if I believed I was regardless of how it would affect me, so I feel your pain. Can you get him a mask so that you can a least be with him in the room, wipe down everything all the time, wash your hands like a crazy woman, stay 6' away in the room etc etc. Praying for a quick negative result.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 - I am so sorry your son (and you) is having to go through all of this. I agree that I could not isolate my child either especially when there is no other caregiver in the house. I think if you can get him to wear a mask, make it fun, even with a bandana, etc. for the next couple of days that would help. I also think one of the reasons they are taking it so seriously, not to freak you out, but the issue with the inflammation complications in kids who have or have had it. Take care and know all of our thoughts are with you! 💕
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 I need the WTF button for your post. Insanity
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    You are all amazing for your thoughts and prayers and advice and insights.

I haven’t been able to stay away from him. Because I know he is miserable and I am his safe place. I just can’t.

But I have been as smart as i can be, given the circumstances.

@Avidkeo i never answered you - he is 11.

I managed to make him sit outside in the sun with me for 15 minutes - we will do it again in a bit.

I hope they ordered a comprehensive test. I called his dad to say if it isn’t covid then i want a spinal tap to test for meningitis. I know that sounds crazy but it isn’t that crazy. My daughter had it when she was seven and almost died and the symptoms were the same.

Since I want to stay sane - or since I have lost
    My mind - i don’t know which - signed up for an aravaipa summer binge. 110 miles in ten days. Is that an ultra? I hope it is. I’m itching for a good long run.

We will get through this. It’s all we ever do. Overcome. Pray. Worship. Overcome. It’s just what we do, no matter what else.

Okay?! We got this!

I juat woke and saw your news.

As @PastorVincent said, your situation is chalk and cheese compared with mine. If I had a sick child, nothing on this earth would prevent me from being with them. Especially as I've already been exposed. I have asthma too, and frankly wouldn't care two whits if my daughter, who also has asthma, got it. She would be getting all the cuddles on the couch. Also you are a solo parent. Wtf do the drs expect you to do, slide his food over to him using a stick or some such BS. You live in the same damned house. You are sharing the same space. Anything he has, you are already exposed to. So I think it's completely safe to ignore that bit of insane advice. I think its coming from a place of "we have to give some advice, because of we don't and she dies, we are screwed legally" - I'm sorry but your healthcare system is an absolute joke (eep too close to political. Sorry)

But our situations are also so completely different because I live in a country where frankly the chance of catching covid at this point is so ridiculously low, its not worth talking about, yet we still take precautions. You live in a country where not only is it running rampant, people can't even agree on how to control the spread. My heart goes out to you so much. Its so dames hard.

And big hugs for the test. As a parent the hardest thing to do is force something on them thats necessary but causes them pain, both physical and psychological. It's so easy to do it to other people's kids, but I cannot watchy own get treatment.

I hope the result comes back fast, and I really hope its negative, and I REALLY hope he perks up again soon. Kia kaha.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Oookkk since I'm getting controversial, here is some running news.

I had to change my plan setting yesterday cause it had me running a marathon at 5:30 min/km. Hell no. I am confident I could do 6 min/km but KNOW I could do 6:20 so changed it. Which screws everything. Oh well.

Oh and I think i picked the wrong plan, novice 2 not 1.so am tempted to change it back to 1. Novice 2 doesn't have many lower km weeks, which makes me nervous. Sigh.

So today is my long run day, because of plan changing, I'm supposed to run 5k. Nope haha. I'm going out to do 17,and may extend that if I'm feeling good.

Soleus continues to niggle. It's better with massage and not getting worse, but I'm going to avoid hills as much as possible, so the run today will be along our costal walkway, the flat part.

After last week's short 10k, I'm looking forward to a longer distance.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Praying for you and your son. For what it’s worth, there is mixed evidence about Covid and asthma, with some researchers even wondering if something about asthma is protective since the numbers aren’t turning out the way they expected.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/86323

I agree with @PastorVincent that it seems very likely you already have been exposed, so isolating seems pointless. Do what you need to do, we are all praying for you.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Great pictures. Such a nice place to walk/run.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Praying for you and your son. For what it’s worth, there is mixed evidence about Covid and asthma, with some researchers even wondering if something about asthma is protective since the numbers aren’t turning out the way they expected.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/86323

I agree with @PastorVincent that it seems very likely you already have been exposed, so isolating seems pointless. Do what you need to do, we are all praying for you.

I want to stress that in this day of instant information we often jump to conclusions based on incomplete data and are later shocked to find out it was wrong. It seems like its been YEARS with this bug, but we have not even gone through a single rotation of the seasons since the serious study started. Early on it was ASSUMED Asthma was a bad thing to have cause this is a respiratory illness. That was it. That was the entirety of the information we had to work with.

It will be years until we really understand this bug. Until then, we just keep making the best guesses we can and carrying on.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing for your thoughts and prayers and advice and insights.

I haven’t been able to stay away from him. Because I know he is miserable and I am his safe place. I just can’t.

But I have been as smart as i can be, given the circumstances.

@Avidkeo i never answered you - he is 11.

I managed to make him sit outside in the sun with me for 15 minutes - we will do it again in a bit.

I hope they ordered a comprehensive test. I called his dad to say if it isn’t covid then i want a spinal tap to test for meningitis. I know that sounds crazy but it isn’t that crazy. My daughter had it when she was seven and almost died and the symptoms were the same.

Since I want to stay sane - or since I have lost
    My mind - i don’t know which - signed up for an aravaipa summer binge. 110 miles in ten days. Is that an ultra? I hope it is. I’m itching for a good long run.

We will get through this. It’s all we ever do. Overcome. Pray. Worship. Overcome. It’s just what we do, no matter what else.

Okay?! We got this!

Yes!!!! You got this!!!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 - hoping for the best for your son, and for all of you!