Women 200lb+, Let's Be Mighty this May!!!

Options

Replies

• Rosie3579
    Rosie3579 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Terytha - Wow. Yeah, that is pretty noticeable!!!! :smile:
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Onederland means your weight begins with a 1, as in below 200. And TOM is Time of Month, which at 69, I imagine is no longer an issue for you. ❤
  • sarahremfry
    sarahremfry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey friends, I'm new here and hoping if I externalize my goals it will help me get there :)

25 years old
    5'3"
    SW: 207
    May mid month goal: 205
    End of may goal: 202

GOALS (I'm stealing your little flower icons again, Raven, they're so cute) :
    🏵️ Lose 5 lbs! For this being my first month really trying, I'm hoping I can be somewhere near this goal
    🏵️ Keep my step goal of 10K steps and run 5 days a week. Do body weight stuff on days I feel good!
    🏵️ Drink more water. I might get a new water bottle to inspire more drinking, but honestly I just need to be better about it.
    🏵️ Spend more time with less screens! Now that finals week is here, and the weather is gorgeous outside, I should not be staring at the TV or a laptop. Read a book, enjoy outside activities, anything else will help me stay centered.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    finngirl61 wrote: »
    Hello all of you super heroes! I have a couple questions: what is TOM, and what is 'onderland'? I have been logging, but other than that, mostly housework and craft sorting. I'm struggling with getting motivated. But you've given me verbal support and suggestions and that truly helps. At 69 years old, bad knee, weight of 269 or 270, I KNOW what I need to do. I can't feel sorry for myself though, after reading how you all struggle and yet make progress. I like the suggestion of getting 'into' let's say the 250's or maybe getting in low 260's, instead of setting a specific number. The other thing is trying to increase my protein and reduce fats. A couple years ago I was near 240!! So gosh, what the heck happened?? No excuse, but a sometimes difficult marriage doesn't help. I'll try reading more, too. It is relaxing. Anyway, I love all of you, so please love yourselves, too! Be safe. ❤

Onederland is any weight under 200. For many of us, getting that scale number into the 100's is a major goal/accomplishment.

TOM is Time Of Month. For the women.

Another common acronym you'll see is NSV, or Non Scale Victory. Which are all the little wins in weight loss not specifically related to weight, like fitness or clothing sizes.
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @sarahremfry Welcome! You’ve got this! If you do decide to get a new water bottle I highly recommend the Brita bottles with the filter. The filter is great- completely removes the gross taste from faucet water 💦 and you only have to change the filter every 500 bottles or something like that.

@Indigo3288 it is so easy to get off track. Last year I was down like 60 pounds and a year later I’m up 70. But I know it’s possible for us! I totally get the steps taking a hit- when I’m off work I don’t get near my goal. I need to walk around the house or something.

@BeUncommon I’ve found I like avocado on certain things. Like I’ve never been a big guacamole fan- but my co worker makes an amazing guacamole. We’ve also done an avocado salsa chicken which was amazing!and amazing loss this week!!

What’s everyone eating today? I’ve got dinner plan but no idea what we’re doing for lunch. Might even be a little crazy and do a simple panini.
  • deegriggs28
    deegriggs28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day everyone!