Women 200lb+, Let's Be Mighty this May!!!

Options

Replies

• Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Name: Tamara
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest Weight: 254
    End of December: 246.7
    End of January: 244.7
    End of Feb.: 242.2
    End of March: 240
    End of April: 240.4
    5/1: 240.4
    5/9: 239.1 (-1.3)
    End of May Goal Weight: 236
    End of 2020 GW: 199
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165

I had my loss early on this week, then fluctuated with a pretty intense work week and some nights of poor sleep again. Caught up on sleep yesterday and last night and my weight finally was back down this morning. Switching to a Saturday morning weigh in for this month.

Hoping to reduce sodium intake this coming week and drink plenty of water and hopefully get good sleep!

Our stay at home order ended yesterday and my work place may reopen in another week or two. It feels like a light at the end of the tunnel, but at the same time I worry that cases will rise again and we will have to go right back to a stay at home order. Time will tell - trying to stay optimistic!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Tarzan37 wrote: »
    Our stay at home order ended yesterday and my work place may reopen in another week or two. It feels like a light at the end of the tunnel, but at the same time I worry that cases will rise again and we will have to go right back to a stay at home order. Time will tell - trying to stay optimistic!
    !

Our stay at home order has been extended to the end of the month. My state is opening some work categories each week in a gradual reopening. Just trying to hunker down and not get anxious. I do miss the freedom of jumping in my car to run an errand or to go out somewhere to have fun ... but, better safe than sorry right now. Being retired I don't have the added stress of being out of work, waiting for my workplace to reopen, etc. Hang in there! ;)
  • cesse47
    Options
    KeriA wrote: »
    I usually read a book a week or more. It is how I relax too. I think there are quite a few readers here. I have nothing against TV or videos but I just forget to watch much.

Reader here as well. Hadn't had a TV for several years. When my granddaughter moved in, she also moved in several TVs so have one in the Living Room again. So this season I get to watch Outlander on a large screen TV instead of on my PC screen. Yea!! Using WiFi, I can log onto Netflix and watch a movie once in a while but my favorite is still reading.
  • cesse47
    Options
    BeUncommon wrote: »
    My weigh in day is Sundays so fingers crossed :)

Leaving you with a nice bright image I took a couple years ago as it is a nice day here today :)

Tonya UK

peo6fousmfzs.jpg

Good Luck with your weigh-in tomorrow. Thanks for sharing that lovely picture. :)
  • Tarzan37
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Tarzan37 wrote: »
    !

Our stay at home order has been extended to the end of the month. My state is opening some work categories each week in a gradual reopening. Just trying to hunker down and not get anxious. I do miss the freedom of jumping in my car to run an errand or to go out somewhere to have fun ... but, better safe than sorry right now. Being retired I don't have the added stress of being out of work, waiting for my workplace to reopen, etc. Hang in there! ;)

I'm considered an essential employee so have been lucky to continue working during this time. We have not been open to the public though and have also not had our volunteers in to help for almost two months now. It's our busiest time of the year, so it has definitely added to the stress - along with just going into a work place daily where now one of our coworkers has had the virus. Anyway, yes - hanging in there!

• Tarzan37
    Options
    procolorer wrote: »

Today I was looking at recipes on Pinterest and kept seeing different recipes with avocado that looked so good I had to have it. Sent the hubby to the store and we’re going to make turkey, bacon avocado grilled wraps using carb counter tortillas.

I LOVE avocados and eat at least a quarter of one every day - usually sliced on a sandwich or turkey burger. Yum!
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @Tarzan37 I love to eat them on turkey burgers-that’s the first thing I ever had them on. I can’t seem to eat a whole avocado which makes me feel so wasteful! I finally managed to get my husband interested in them as well (by making him eat one on a turkey burger)!
  • cesse47
    Options
    procolorer wrote: »
    @Tarzan37 I love to eat them on turkey burgers-that’s the first thing I ever had them on. I can’t seem to eat a whole avocado which makes me feel so wasteful! I finally managed to get my husband interested in them as well (by making him eat one on a turkey burger)!

We usually use half on salad or sandwiches ... then dice the other half into salsa and use with scoop chips.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    KeriA wrote: »
    I usually read a book a week or more. It is how I relax too. I think there are quite a few readers here. I have nothing against TV or videos but I just forget to watch much.

Reader here as well. Hadn't had a TV for several years. When my granddaughter moved in, she also moved in several TVs so have one in the Living Room again. So this season I get to watch Outlander on a large screen TV instead of on my PC screen. Yea!! Using WiFi, I can log onto Netflix and watch a movie once in a while but my favorite is still reading.

I started to read the Outlander series and got tired of the torture which seemed like S&M to me so I stopped . Is the Netflix series like that too?
  • supersparklyk
    supersparklyk Posts: 84 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @procolorer Thank you!
    @cesse47 Thanks! I've started doing some stretches - too soon to know if it's helping my knees. I find that sugar really exacerbates inflammation, so that's been a big factor.
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @KeriA, that sounds like an extremely productive day, I'm glad you were able to access the software. And great loss!

@CupcakeCrusoe, I hope the pizza and moscato was tasty! I also have a hard time relaxing if I know there is stuff around the house that I need to do, but I hope you were able to! I started watching The Blacklist at one point and I just fell off.I'm currently binging CSI.

@procolorer, nice loss! I am also a diet soda drinker, my favorite is Coke Zero. I wish I liked avocado, it seems to have so many health benefits, I hope your meal turns out tasty!

@BeUncommon, thank you! It was quite an encouraging feeling, I plan to get a workout in tonight. I have seen that show before, it really is amazing what they can do with houses.

@Terytha, TOM is the worst, I purposefully avoid the scale otherwise I just get discouraged. And sometimes it can take our brain awhile to catch up to what our bodies look like. I know some people say that progress photos can help so you have something to look at side by side? That might be an option.

@cesse47, Hope you have a great "Me" day, and nice loss! And thank you for the encouragement :smile:

@Anniejazz, love all the promises, welcome :smile:

@smithmns414, sending hugs.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971, hope your mouth is feeling better!

@wholebygrace, great work with C25K,that is not an easy program! I finished it at one point, and I remember the increase in jogging versus walking is an adjustment.

@Tarzan37, hope the work adjustment is smooth, and great loss!

@changeforeverlj, that sounds yummy, enjoy!

@supersparklyk, it's great that your knee pain is already lessening! Welcome :smile: