Women 200lb+, Let's Be Mighty this May!!!

Options

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    sarahurc wrote: »
    Needed the positivity of this group today. Cannot shake the 1-4 lbs of water weight and bloat I am carrying around this week no matter what I do. It might be time to avoid the scale for a few days, but I also find I like the proof every day that the scale IS wonky and there are things related to weight I have no control over. Feels a bit like a catch-22 right now. Trying to focus on all the NSVs I've got going on, but I feel a bit blah regardless. It's nice to have you all to turn to.

When I get "water logged", LOL, I do 3 things. I increase the amount of water I drink per day, reduce sodium intake, and choose foods with more water content and less sodium. A day or two of doing that seems to break the cycle for me. Looking back, I think I sometimes get "water stalled" because I'm drinking less than I should and eating foods that are processed or have larger sodium content.

Oh, there are a couple of other things I might do. If I think I've been lax, I'll become more meticulous in measuring and weighing food. For example, If I have a bone-in pork chop, I'll weigh before eating. Then, after eating weigh the bone and any meat scraps to determine how much I actually ate. Also, will stop cooking with salt and only add it at the table. Will also eliminate all processed foods for a time.
  • cesse47
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great Thursday! I did it everyone, my first workout of May so this is a major win for me.

WTG!!!
  • cesse47
    Options
    procolorer wrote: »
    Today there were like 50 pizzas delivered to work. The pizza place was celebrating healthcare workers (I work in a lab) but I ate my healthy choice meal and saved hundreds of calories. It took a lot cause it smelled soooo good!

That took some MAJOR will power!! Awesome!!
  • cesse47
    Options
    Rosie3579 wrote: »
    Today was a good day.
    Hiking with your little one sounds lovely.

I like your snacks! I think I'll try your idea of roasting a cauliflower ... I've had one I've been using small bits of for salad and soup but sounds appealing as a grazing snack!
  • cesse47
    Options
    @KeriA Great return for your persistence. It's great they were offering what you need for free. WTG!!

@CupcakeCrusoe I like your goal of treating yourself in ways other than food. I'm treating myself on Saturday as a ME day ... no cleaning, no exercise, etc ... just doing stuff that pleases me.

@procolorer congrats on your weight loss!!

@BeUncommon Not Vikings ... my addiction of choice is Outlander!!

@Terytha Did you take pictures at your heaviest? Or measurements? If so, do again and then compare. Side-by-side may surprise you. Or, a pair of pants from your heaviest? Our minds can sometimes "see" what we think it should see ... the old you ... instead of the new thinner you.

• smithmns414
    smithmns414 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day!

5/1 - 233
    5/8 - 233

Seems like I'm still going to be trying for a baby. I never lose anything right before I start and right before ovulation. I typically lose in a woosh the week after. So hopefully next week, I'll see a difference. I know I haven't eaten to maintain and the loss should come shortly. PCOS and hormones make this so dang difficult. But... onwards to next week.

Sunday is going to be rough for me, so I'm hoping to keep the emotional eating in check and at least within maintenance. I've got some cheesecake coming :wink: But I'll be keeping the rest of the day pretty light.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @smithmns414

We’re TTC too! Who ever knew it would be so difficult?!

Tried this cauliflower crust pizza for lunch today and it was really good! Would definitely buy it again- around 390 calories for the whole thing and an easy grab n go meal!

lwev599nh6la.jpeg
  • wholebygrace
    wholebygrace Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Whew, the end of the week!

43 years old
    5'3"
    SW: 225.6 (2/7/20)
    CW: 214.4
    5/1: 214.8
    5/8: 214.4
    May goal weight: 210
    GW: 125

GOALS:
    🏵️ Continue with my C25K program (currently on week 3).
    🏵️ Try to incorporate a fruit or veggie in every meal.
    🏵️ Lose at least 5 pounds
    🏵️ Hit Active every single day this month per Apple Watch
    🏵️ Be present with my family (i.e. put down my phone)
    🏵️ Read at least 4 books this month (it helps with my stress)

I have to admit, I was expecting more of a loss this week as I have been doing everything to a "T," but I am not going to punish myself. I know the scale will catch up and in the interim, I know I am being good to myself, body and mind. Tomorrow is my last day of week 3 of C25K and I know next week really picks up the minutes run so I am getting nervous. Actually, my anxiety is in overdrive. I am worried about being overweight and covid complications, and it just manifests in lack of sleep and being in a poor mental state. Exercise is the one thing that gets me out of that head space.

I hope you all continue to do well!

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Looks like some good weigh-in days.

@Terytha You should be seeing the loss already. Often it takes a while to tighten up things after weight loss.

@cesse47 have a great day tomorrow.

@AlexandraFindsHerself I am glad you have gotten the tooth taken care of and hope you feel better soon.

Good day, got my exercise in and made a yummy quiche. My daughter loves them but usually not mine. I think I try to make them too healthy but she loved this one. I put some half and half in. It had a lot of spinach. I do not plan to do any cooking this weekend. I will leave it to my husband. I helped plan so he has what he needs. I have been just hovering at my low weight but not going lower even with good weekly deficits. I am eating more calories than when I was losing last month so that could be it. But I wasn’t really eating enough some days then. That is okay for a while if you eat when you are hungry but I was waiting longer to eat then. Lately I find if I don’t get enough I feel too weak to cook dinner.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Whew, the end of the week!

🏵️ Read at least 4 books this month (it helps with my stress)

I usually read a book a week or more. It is how I relax too. I think there are quite a few readers here. I have nothing against TV or videos but I just forget to watch much.
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Terytha > That is fantastic loss! you are doing great :) Not to sure what VR is? Do you actually feel better and can you tell within yourself the loss you have had? If you feel better and can notice the changes it doesn't really matter. I feel the same way as you but I have hundreds of lbs to still lose and I have lost 65lbs so far! It is not that noticable on me because of my size but I can sure feel that loss.

Even though you say you cannot see it. I bet people that have not seen you in awhile would certainly see it :) We are our own worst critics! Keep up the amazing work!

Ceese > Ohh I love the vikings :) I do like Outlander as well though, I do have to catch up on quite a few episodes as I stopped watching it for a time.. maybe the last season.

wholebygrace > Yeah I have had that, expecting more loss but if you are doing excercise then you may be losing inches more than pounds. You have to remember that muscle weights more than fat and just because you are not seeing it on the scale does not mean it isn't coming off.

It is good that reading books is on your list to help you de-stress. Stress and worry can also affect your progress. I understand you being worred being overweight and covid. I am classed as Morbidly Obese (hate that bloody word) and I also have respiratory issues, sleep apnea, diabetes among other things.. If I were to catch covid I would never survive it! it is scary.. just take one step at a time. If you have to go out be careful. You got this!! you can do it :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend :) My weigh in day is Sundays so fingers crossed :)

Leaving you with a nice bright image I took a couple years ago as it is a nice day here today :)

Tonya UK

peo6fousmfzs.jpg