Women 200lb+, Let's Be Mighty this May!!!

Options

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cesse - age 72 == Check In
    308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    288.9 lbs - weighin on 05/09 -- (-5.5 lb) (-19.7 LTD)

Onederland - first goal
    165 lbs - goal weight

May Goals ---
    Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 8+ water
    Exercise 30 min minimum; work at increasing
    Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter
    Try new things: new exercise like weight training; drink green tea; new activity; etc
    Do computer research on things of interest

My "ME" day on Saturday turned into a full weekend "ME" day, LOL. Ordered from Olive Garden, including a cheesecake dessert. Had a glass of wine. Enough leftovers for meal on Sunday. Wonderful meal I did not have to cook and the wine was a real treat ... as was the cheesecake I split with my Granddaughter. Have a free weekend was a nice break but it's now time to get back to business.

Main task today is to mop floors. They've been on my list for several days so it's even more needed to do today.

Hope Y'all have a great day!! :)
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    @Rosie3579 Thanks for your encouragement. I'm so sorry for your loss; it's hard to celebrate when you're grieving but it is a necessary part of the process following losses. My Mom, age 98, passed in March so this was my first Mother's Day without her ... as I said, difficult to celebrate as well as mourn.

@deegriggs28 Your weight loss goal for the month is very doable. Have also been part of WW and MFP several times. This time I'm trying to be much more accountable. I've joined two groups (have never done that before); Larger Losers -and- Fat2Fit. I find being more interactive in the threads and groups is helping me keep on track.

@pamiede THEY FIT❣️ that is a great NSV!!

@finngirl61 Motivation is tough because it comes from within. I'm 72 and lung compromised and sedentary for mega years. I know weight loss is simply caloric deficit. So, critical for me is Honestly logging every bite of food and drink that passes over my lips. I'm also incorporating exercise which I have not done in the past. Every morning I do gentle stretches. I use Richard Simmons -- Stretchin' to the Classics -- from YouTube. He does NOT say a word and the music is all classical, very soothing. I knew I needed more that that so found a beginner walking routine from Leslie Sansone. I try to do 2-3 "chunks" of 5 minutes of walking per day. Can't do more that that because of my lungs. Then I started looking for chair exercises ... there are a lot out there for seniors so it's just a matter of finding one that works for you. The one I've chosen is: Chair Yoga to Loosen up your Back! Stretching the Diamond with Sherry Zak Morris ... I've been really pleased with that one -- started with 10 minutes and am now doing the whole thing. Good Luck!!

@sarahremfry Welcome!!

@Indigo3288 Welcome! If you want to stay level or even increase your steps, check out Leslie Sansone walking vids on YouTube ... she's excellent and makes the routines fun.

@BeUncommon WTG great loss this week!

@procolorer a new grocery order delivered yesterday and included one pound of deli sliced turkey ... a lot for just one person. So, I think it'll be a turkey panini for lunch today. Also have 2 heads of cabbage I need to do something with ... any ideas?

@sarahurc I'm trying to look at my reports more this time around. One thing I noticed is that when I only drink 8 glasses of water I also tend to eat more sodium ... and my weight loss takes a hit. Being self-aware is key I believe. Hang in there!!

@speyerj that is a great NSV!! WTG!!

@msktdragon08 Will keep 🤞 for you ... Good Luck!!

@hessjansen Good for you for making the decision to take control of your eating!! Happy to hear your parents are so supportive of your efforts. WTG!!

@CupcakeCrusoe Our weight reno is like your house reno project ... sometimes you have to get rid of the old stuff in order to make room for the new (new habits). And, regardless of what your parents said, it's ok to toss out food from the kid's plates (or your own), or feed to the dog or whatever. It also sounds like you got plenty of exercise in just by doing on the stuff on your house reno list. Hang in there!!

@Erica122093 Welcome!! Check out YouTube for your at home exercise ... they have something for everything: bellydancing, yoga and chair yoga, Leslie Sansone Walking, Tai Chi, Jump Rope, etc. Find something fun and it will help you keep on track.

This is finngirl@61- thanks for your post! I'm sorting craft stuff and doing chores, but haven't done any exercise, except for trips to the store for groceries. I could wear my knee brace, and walk, or even do something at home. Plus even with good shoes, I have some arthritis in my one foot.
    I also don't sleep well, and wake up tired. I know- excuses, excuses. I might try an OTC sleep aid, and try to get up earlier, to walk or even stretch here at the house. Sometimes, at my age, with so much weight to lose, it gets overwhelming.
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @smithmns414 right? I’m looking to call my ob/gyn to run some tests on what’s going on with me right now. Total mystery! Had my endocrinologist phone appointment today for my thyroid. Fingers crossed that it all works out! Good luck at the clinic!! Hope it brings good news!