WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Driveby commenting - they're just beginning the reopen here in Arkansas, and I'm not sure, honestly, that most of it ever closed. In my county, four cases, and all recovered. I just keep doing my thing, protecting myself as best I can, and keep going from there.

Hopping on the elliptical late, but was working this morning early to try to get all the filing, etc., done for all the grants of late.

Welcome to everyone who's knew, we're glad you're here!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Louise-
    kwfiq7rglz4t.jpeg
    41ylayqg6igi.jpeg
    You have what my mom did it’s called
    “ Nighttime Eating Syndrome NES it’s a Disorder”
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3222864/

Your appetite increases as the day goes on especially at Dinner time y 3am. Mom could nibble on a salad y bowl of cereal for breakfast y lunch Bam huge Dinner,huge night time snack,y insomnia with a large meal at night. With Mom having retardation/Schizophrenia/Cancer we tried the medical route from appetite suppressant at night to even psychological therapy. Now that I’m older I realize perhaps a prepared low cal meal for her night meal y daily meals would have been better. Mom was also a rape victim as a toddler on up by a Uncle so it caused her to eat for comfort. Many of us here have been abused one point of our lives in this group eating for comfort a habit to kick but also is sorting out those emotions realizing we can’t change what happened because we were not at fault no matter what - only they were at fault it was their behavior that hurt others. Another issue like Many if us we came from families that ate big hardy meals piled up upon their plates but today’s world were not plowing fields behind a mule to walking to school y church were sitting way more. Eating more low cal veggies on your plate y lean meat helps a lot for many. Look at your fridge y pantry see what calories you can cut back in the store or online ordering. Ghughes has ketchup y tasty sweet barbecue sauces 10calories per serving look at yours may need to switch. Look at what you drink calories to can you give up those empty calories for water,low cal options. I found giving up those things were a big portion of my calories that were over! Then check what meals your making see what ingredients you can substitute.. egg whites for eggs perhaps. Is their leaner meats lower calories but high serving amounts you can try still in your budget range? Sugarfree puddings y Sugarfree jello (get name brand off ones haven’t caught up I learned). Gatorade zero,crystal light tea,tea with alternative sweetners or none,water.
    1 plate of food only learn potion sizes with their calories read up y a person plate should be filled with certain amount of foods .

Can use Tupperware containers
    To start out
    Breakfast- veggies low cal amount y coffee or tea ☕️
    Lunch- veggies low cal amount Gatorade zero salad no dressing
    Dinner- 1 serving meat (or vegan substitutes ),1/2 plate veggies, 1 serving carbohydrate
    Night Snack- 1 serving meat , 1/2 plate veggies,1 serving carb
    Night 3Am- Snack - 1 serving meat,1 carb , y a fruit .
    When making them use this app here to add stuff see where you are calorie wise when preplanning the meals. Should all add up after you to the amount of calories for your age y height y lifestyle. Calorie calculator try this see what calories it recommends for weight loss https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
    That plus what this site recommends for you figure out what your exact calories should be. Can also consult a doctor or better yet a Dietician. My toddlers meals are based on a Dieticians recommendations he going to be a giant if a man some day (gigantism) so his mobility to growth has to be balanced diet wise.

Later start adding less in the Night ones more in the Breakfast then lunch one until your switched to day time schedule.Long process but Rome wasn’t built in a day . Trying to cold turkey doesn’t work for everyone some of us have to gradually switch over.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-ways-to-stop-eating-late-at-night

If you guys need to add me to look at my journal for ideas on foods out there. Sometimes tho I put an equivalent like the wright lemonade 10calories a glass I add the 10calories crystal light since the app doesn’t have that off brand I drink crystal light tea so same calories.

Exercising is key I do indoor walking, exercise band ,jump rope , exercise by YouTube videos (they have walking to yoga etc even line dancing for fun salsas). I started with just indoor walking. Can work your way up to more. Gyms will be open again after the pandemic some qualify for silver sneakers 👟 when it does call ask questions about it y others have lowest membership in town but offers more of what only you know what you’ll use. Walking trails near a home to even a home workout equipment. It’s finding your own niche.
    You can do this Louise just not in 1 day. I have taken a year to lose 50-53lb range. Takes awhile. Measure yourself sometimes the scale isn’t budging but the measurement to your pants are falling down.

Amber Tx

Today for me Exercising,soup made from a can of rotes tomatoes y 2 cans Swanson chicken aka king in a can made me 3servings with it side of lowest cal chips I found yet (Cheetos,baked tortillas chips,or the new potato chips I found gluten free lower cal but big portion). Dinner still unknown. Crystal light peach tea,water 2 liters in 24hrs,1 Gatorade zero tiny one. Outside with JR awhile.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) We gave up our land line phone a few years ago and now each of us has a cell phone. Because there were so many phone extensions in the house, there was no way to shut the system down during nap time or at bed time. It's so easy to either silence or shut off a cell phone. I answer my phone only if I know who is calling. If it is important they'll leave a message and I'll call back immediately. My cell phone is usually on silent because I don't want to be universally available to get a call.

:smiley:<3 Barbie from NW WA

We haven't had a landline since I moved to Australia in 2009. We did get one for a few months early on, just after we moved out of the remote bushfire shack into town because we thought we might use it, and the internet was a bit flaky, but we had it all of maybe 6 months and cancelled it because we used it once or twice.

My mobile phone is on vibrate, but it has a very quiet vibrate that I often miss ... which is fine because it can go to voice mail. :)

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    morning Ladies~
    didnt sleep well ,so slept in
    Rebecca- my dad bought guidepost magazine subscriptions for my brother and I and he did it through until this September so he must have gotten a 2 yr subscription before his death,
    so I ordered subscriptions for my kids from grandpa, and my brother from dad for a 2 year subscription to carry on..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Margaret - Lovely to see your son. <3 The houses are great! :D

Had a good Zoom with my girlfriends, but our difficult friend didn't show up. ;) We will do it again next week. :D

Just having a pre dinner glass of red.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, ... seems I'm just always hungry... By 3 AM I am looking for something to eat because I'm hungry again, and because I'm so upset that I am not asleep. I try to save some of my daily intake calories for this, but having a terrible time. Does anyone have this experience and can you think of something that would be good to eat at that time of night that isn't highly caloric and fattening?! Thank you so much.... if I can find help with this night time eating, I think I'll lose weight much easier....

Hi @louisesorcehill . Welcome to the group. I have found that a glass of lowfat or nonfat milk or almond or other nut milk quells hunger enough to go back to sleep. When I say a glass, I mean 6 to 8 ounces. Be sure to measure it. For daytime hunger when you're trying to keep within a calorie goal, try drinking water whenever you feel like you're hungry. It isn't easy, but it helps. Unfortunately, when you go from over 2000 calories a day to significantly less, you will think you're always hungry. Drink some water and keep yourself busy and you can do it! Hang in there!

Tina in CA
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Lamb kleftiko turned out well, meat fell off the bone. Just had lamb with roast potatoes and veg. Some left, DH will probably snack on that.
    Workout this morning kettlebell, walking video then line dancing video. Still can’t get eating under control, every day decide to be strict but as day goes on fail.

Welcome newbies

Stay safe
    Kate UK ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Our evening celebration dinner was wonderful!
    Duchy organic fillet steak. (Prince Charles's label) Excellent. Spinach fantastic, two big bags. Oven fries, good. Garlic butter , heaven!
    I always get very nervous cooking fillet steak. I use Heston Blumenthal 's method, but it's always touch and go. This time it was perfect. Phew! DH said it was absolutely fabulous. :D
    I ordered the steak on our delivery and thought it was very expensive, but hey, ho, it's a special occasion. >:) When it arrived it was twice the size! So we have a whole other steak for another special day!
    The wine was Californian. 2007 Rioja.
    Still to go - stewed pears with caramel sauce and homemade yogurt.
    Chocolate truffles. X 2

Good job I've worked off 960 calories today. :D

DH just said, "I don't think you can get a better steak and chips than that, you know." <3

Happy days.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: So sorry about your fall and injuries. :heart: I hope the dentist appointment goes well and your teeth are good to go. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I can barely imagine that Max will be nine on his birthday. He’s growing up! :star:

Dr Katie: We are also plagued with robo calls. They should be reserved for public emergencies and NOT available to scammers. :grumble:

Machka: The flu shot “dartboard” is hilarious! :laugh:

Heather: Happy Anniversary of your first meeting with your wonderful DH. :star:

I just finished reading a fun book and I am looking for another book. The one I want to read is on hold for me at Library to Go, and I’ll eventually get to read it. Meanwhile, I want to find a book to read now. I may be haunting my own bookshelf to find one.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    My elder son Tom has been posting his favourite album covers, one a day, on Facebook. Today it was Graceland.
    One of my very favourites, so I commented, "Oh yes!" He replied "Always makes me think of you."
    I have to admit that made me pipe my eye.
    <3<3<3<3<3
    Today has been a good day.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Pip- yowza that's a doozy.. hope you heal quick girl...
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Here are pictures of the old garage I told you about. I like to capture things like this before they are gone.w3oihgbodd9c.jpg
    lsheyw0k9trb.jpg

This is what I have to do to keep rabbits off my pansies...
    6bq6bas3f70a.jpg

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret: The flowers you've protected from feral rabbits are likely thanking you for every sunrise and sunset. The cage is a very good solution to protect them from being devoured. B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited May 2020
    Options
    4 new cases today in Brighton and Hove.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Over 100 deaths in just my County (Cobb County GA).
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Erie County in NY Covid 19
    My county has had 3891 confirmed cases and 308 deaths ... over half of those deaths were nursing home patients. This past weekend, hospitalizations were outpacing discharges. The number of people admitted to the hospital was larger than the number of those who were released by four. Sixteen coronavirus patients were released on Sunday and 20 people were admitted. For last week, there were 16 more COVID-19 patients admitted than were released from the hospital. This is the first time in two weeks the number of admissions was bigger than discharges. One criteria the county must meet before reopening can begin, is for there to be a 14-day decrease in hospitalizations. Right now, WNY does not meet that criteria, according to the governor's office.

The interesting statistic to me on this chart of NY is that while NYC is meeting reopening criteria, you can see that the spread to the rest of the state is still in an active phase. I'm just wondering what that means for the rest of the country as that spread continues.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Heather ... Happy Anniversary! Your dinners always sound so good to me!

Margaret ... handsome son!

Kate ... I had to look up Lamb Kleftiko!

Not getting much done and overeating within my window (I fast for the new ladies) almost daily. I did make myself get on the scale today and at least it is maintaining ... but that's not my goal at the moment.

Beth near Buffalo

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    morning Ladies~
    didnt sleep well ,so slept in
    Rebecca- my dad bought guidepost magazine subscriptions for my brother and I and he did it through until this September so he must have gotten a 2 yr subscription before his death,
    so I ordered subscriptions for my kids from grandpa, and my brother from dad for a 2 year subscription to carry on..

That's so wonderful. With all the techno toys these days, I am hoping son will quiet that and sit and read with Athena. Its so important in a child's development! It makes a child ask questions, and interpret information.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    So today I made some quick cole slaw, for my meal at 3 pm. Just cabbage, mayo, ground mustard, sugar and a splash of vinegar. After mixing it I took a bite. Dang it, I opened up my eating window! So instead of doing a 18 hour fast it was only a 14/15 hour fast. My tacos I had yesterday, while good, they lacked enough protein, so at 8 pm I was hungry! I had a broken taco with a cup of avocado, and also a warmed up street taco sized tortilla with two slices of roast, with mayo and ketchup. Unfortunately starting eating triggers your appetite, so my belly was topsy turvy for a bit in bed. I should've just dealt with the hunger pangs. I don't like going to bed with food on it. So with my cole slaw I had an outdoor bun with cut up roast beef, mayo and ketchup and a slice of cheddar. Then after, I ate Lee's potato skin from the other night. Just cut it up, with a sprinkling of cheddar, and a small dipping bowl of sour cream. It was yummy. I ate from 11:15 to 2:15 pm. Already closed my window, so I will just have water until 12 noon tomorrow to get 21/22 hours in.👍 Anything over 20 hours is good for me.
    Love the beautiful photos!
    💖Rebecca