• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    What have you learned from this experience that surprised you?

That I like this new norm. People are more respectful of your space. More time to get things done around the house, yard, and gardens if you have them. There is more time to read and spending less money

I’ve realized I’m happier with this new way of living!

Dad story: my dad was an alcoholic and never around. So. Enough about that!

My celery experiment is going crazy! I am going to transfer to a pot with dirt to see what will happen. I have a couple of onions that have sprouted roots. I’m going to plant them in with the ones I’m trying to grow from seeds. I also saved an avocado pit. I’m going to try to root that then crate a bonsai with it.

RV Rita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    Options
    Just had the first email from easyjet about a refund. As they are only cancelling the flights 7 days ahead I've got to wait until I get the notification of the cancelled return journey. Should be another couple days. Doesn't look too difficult to claim my fare back. ;) It was for a meet up with my girlfriends in Glasgow.

The hairdresser also emailed me to say they are extending their lockdown a bit longer by government advice. So I've rebooked for the 28th. If I don't feel comfortable by that week I can cancel. I will devise a mask anyway. I'm sure they will be wearing masks. I will wash my hair at home and go with it wet. I won't have a blow dry.

DH's sister rang. Three out of four of her online clients had cancelled so she wasn't in a brilliant mood. She and DH almost had to stop the conversation because she disagreed with him about something. However, they managed to stagger on with the call and it ended up ok. She is not the brightest and is a very slow reader, so she doesn't find it easy to absorb information and can get the wrong end of the stick. She means well though. I am very fond of her.

DDIL sent a whole bunch of photos of Max's 3rd birthday party. He is 9 tomorrow. :o Both DH and I look soooooo much younger. Can't believe it was only 6 years ago. :s

Love to all,
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    M DS and I have taken some different routes in his neighborhood. We get a much better view of the lake he lives near. We also pass the homes that were used in the filming of Grumpy Old Men. They used the neighborhood my son lives in for the film. The homes were built in the 20's . I now watch this Old House with more interest.

We also started walking down one of the alleys to get to the lake. It helps us avoid people on our walk. One of the home has an original garage with the old doors and looks like it was never painted. It is fun to walk past.

:heart: Margaret

I tried to import pictures from web didn't work. If you google Grumpy Old Men Houses you see the houses we walk past daily.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Margaret ~ I Googled Grumpy Old Men houses and loved looking at them. I have always loved the charm of these older homes...especially if they have been taken care of.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Cancer- Definitely a hard illness that consumes one fully. Glad that my Daughter got years with my Mom before she passed gives us a unique bond.

I’m in the No call list still get the calls. Who even buys from them anyways? Telemarking doesn’t make me sign up for things ever. A bill board or magazine ad type stuff yes. A call during dinner nope nope never! I used to get telemarketers calling my job so I tried to sell them stuff from my job. Boss found it funny. I asked them what time they be coming to if they need socks 🧦? Was a bowling alley so I never ran out of fun stuff to try to sell them. They finally stopped calling out of frustration.
    Them:You want siding?
    Me: You want a lane?
    Them: I’m asking you?
    Me: I don’t need a lane I’m working but I have 5 open how many you need?
    Them: No no no lady I call you you but from me!
    Me: Then why did you call a bowling alley if your selling stuff?
    Them: No I’m calling you!
    Me: Then why didn’t you call my number if you wanted me?
    Them: Are you going to buy siding?
    Me: You going to buy a lane?
    Click*
    My Boss laughing so how many lanes?
    Me: Don’t know we got disconnected lol

Amber Tx

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️🙂🧡😊
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited May 2020
    Options
    My Grandfather coffin is laid on top of his mothers so his head is on her feet. Mom was creamated laid on my grandfathers casket in his feet. (Moms biological Dad died when she was a young child in a car accident so my Grandpa “Dad’s Dad” has her call him Daddy. ) Mom was on the spectrum so childlike very loving always a smile. My great Grandpa held me as a child y was in my life awhile so I remember him greatly.
    zthdh0zm1jjs.jpeg
    s726fc67dlj0.jpeg
    xrv7p24kp2ac.jpeg

Amber Tx

JRs singing Sissy right now lol he thinks she’s in her room other times living with Siri in the phone. 3yr olds are fun. She records videos for him lol. In the pic on moms cemetery obituary added a correction for Grandkids y a pic of Daughter holding her newborn brother he was a long baby doubled in size the first week so yes that’s a couch throw the baby blankets never fit him after the first 5days of his life.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Pip- Try some Vaseline in your lips y around it heals bruises faster (discovered this with the abuser surviving years it works wonders). Hopefully they can fix your tooth even if it’s a white cap.

Amber Tx

Today waiting in packages 📦 hurry mailman hurry! It will be footlockers to lock up our meds since JR figured out the old ones. These have a spot to add a padlock! With keys needed!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    SCAMS: the director of one of the schools i work at sent us all mail early in confinement saying that scams were on the uptake during the confinement period.