Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Karen: I too had a good relationship with my dad, we shared the same sense of humour, I can remember laughing with dad at Monty Pythons Flying Circus on TV, my mum didn't get it at all and couldn't understand how we found it funny. He was definitely the fun parent, and I have lots of happy memories.

Lisa: I 've never been particularly good at establishing routines either, I start with good intentions, but .... :| I have started yet another routine, see how long I can keep it up. Good luck with yours.

Flea: Hope you are feeling better.

Tonya: What a lovely set of pictures of your dad for your mum, I can relate to the wording.

Barbara: Sorry about the loss of your dance teacher, must have been a shock.

Michele: The cake looks yummy, save a slice for me :) (That's my trouble, can't resist cake!)

Looks like it will be a sunny day today, it was cold this morning when we took Leah for a walk, a light frost would you believe. I should be able to wash my sheets and get them outside to dry with a bit of luck.

The dentist called me yesterday to cancel my appointment, they had already emailed me to tell me that they are only open for emergencies so I kind of expected my appointment to be delayed until the end of lockdown.

I'm a bit behind, over 5 pages to catch up on :o

Love
    Viv UK <3

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Ginny : Yeay Lucy came back I bet you were relieved. It's always a worry when our cats don't come in on an evening. Our male Logan didn't come home for his supper a few nights ago and we were a little concerned (knowing how much he loves his food :) ) We had a few anxious moments the next morning when still no sign of him, but then he came strutting through the cat flap and went straight to his bowl! You can almost imagine the cartoon 'Simons Cat' where he's pointing to his mouth - meow feed me. :) Glad Lucy was safe and sound after her little adventure.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,318 Member
    Options
    Viv UK: Sorry you got your dental appointment cancelled. I follow a very loose flexible daily schedule. Having a routine doesn’t appeal, as it has very negative connotations from when I was a teacher and my day was ruled by the bell 😂 I loved my job, but boy that bell was the bane of my life!! 😂

No definitely plans today, but so many options. The sun is shining, so there will be garden time and a walk in there somewhere! 😂

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,327 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Wiping down? I do wipe the large plastic containers of milk from our local newsagents, especially the handles. For deliveries, I leave them sitting about for a couple of days. Tins, packets, are put away and not touched for ages. Fresh fruit is washed,. Veg are cooked and hands washed after prep and I make sure I wash my hands if I pick anything up from the outside, including letters and bills, which I have left lying anyway.

Kate UK - Amazon is strictly rationing us for our Pernod. :laugh: I am now very well stocked with tea bags and coffee from them. I think we will get well into the autumn. :o

Sea bass tonight, with lovely garlicky haricot beans. Broccoli.

No new cases overnight locally.

Rebecca - forgot to say how much I loved the spaghetti pics. Wonderful! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,327 Member
    Options
    Routine- I am absolutely a creature of routine. I do the same things every day, at the same time. :D My life has hardly changed at all since the lockdown and I love my life as it is.Most people who know me make allowances for my OCD. :D They know i am a stickler for punctuality and are very respectful. They know I have to eat at the same times etc. They know i hate background music.
    I have a very tolerant husband and friends. <3<3:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,318 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,113 Member
    Options
    OK, I don't often post videos but this is good. :) Look up The Holderness Family on YouTube ... they've got several of these parody music videos. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI47Q_pfqsQ

Machka in Oz
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Lisa > Thank you very much and yes you are right about political / religious posts! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and not always are they going to be inline with someone else and yes can cause argument and hurt :) Well done with all the exercise, keep it up!!

Grandma > Hope you feel better real soon. Thank you for sharing your story, it sounds very familiar to my moms story as her mom was an alcoholic when she was young and had to take care of her 12 brothers and sisters. My mom was a real life Cinderella..lol Your Dad was a hard worker by the sounds of it and wanted to take care of his family. I find men were allot different depending on the generation they came from etc as to how they react about certain things. My brother and I sure did our share of partying and getting into trouble in our teens which I have apologised so much for with my parents, don't know how they survived our teens to be honest with worry etc... we all learn and grow up at some stage :)