Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    We walked over to my sons and gave DDIL the leggings. They fit! They are a bit garish, but will be fine with the right top. Nice to see the kids at the door, though Edie always seems sad. She said she can't wait to come to our house again. We will Zoom them tomorrow for DH's quiz results.
    I then applied for my 15% refund as a first time Sweaty Betty customer. Two to three days, they said. :D
    The window cleaner left a bill which included last time. I looked it up in my bank account and I had paid him on the 18th March. I've emailed him the evidence.
    Then I had an email from the woman who ran the freehold directors of where I used to live in London. It was shared freehold for 17 flats, so a lot of work. We did make her and the Treasurer an honorary payment. Anyway she told me the Treasurer had died peacefully on Saturday. Very nice woman. It was very kind of her to let me know. Bit of a blast from the past. We left there in 2009. Another life.

Making my lamb and flageolets stew today. It's cold and windy out, so very appropriate. Broccoli. Rhubarb and yogurt for dessert.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((SuziQ))) Frustration is one of the most horrible emotions. I hope the day improves, along with the week, month, & year. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VA: Our son told us that there is likely to be a meat shortage in our future. We plan to continue shopping the meat counters and hope to fill our freezers so that we can feed ourselves. :ohwell: I love your friend’s post of all the little plastic dinosaurs with masks on. It must have taken her ages to make all those masks. The music was also perfect. :bigsmile:

Allie: I think you will be an exceptional caregiver. :star:

Barbie: In my experience, autocorrect has been the unreliable genie in the bottle. I don’t use it. :noway: (If I did, I couldn’t put in noway.) My husband also stays home when I shop. It is something he used to enjoy. :ohwell:

Pip: I wish you good luck with your repairs. A few years ago we had a raccoon infestation in the crawl space under our house and had to have major work down there. The crews had to clean up untold quantities of raccoon poop and the raccoons had torn down all of the insulation under the house to make nests, so that had to be replaced, too. The furnace ducts also had to be repaired or replaced as well. Our next-door neighbor had the same problem at the same time. We were very cold for months because the raccoons had torn apart our furnace ducting. The neighbors were snow-birds, so they were warm & cozy in California while the work was done. We were stuck here in the cold for the duration of the clean-up process. Luckily, our homeowner’s insurance paid the bill. Now we have heavy duty metal grates covering every air vent. They work. I put mothballs under our deck during winter months to keep critters out from under the deck, not that winter amounted to much this year. :star:

Rebecca: Happy birthday to Athena! :heart:

I hope to get DH and the dog out for a walk in the neighborhood. Our son tells us to look forward to a meat shortage in the coming months. We are in the habit of shopping sales and will keep that up. I’m not in favor of a tofudebeast for Thanksgiving dinner. :noway: (Remember Jim Henson’s Muppet Thanksgiving?)

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather Which Sweaty Bettys did you get for your daughter-in-law? I love the garish ones. Never owned a pair, but I love looking at them.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    Options
    Karen - I would never spend that sort of money on myself, but it was for a 40th birthday present and I got 15% off.
    Have to keep your DDIL happy!
    ucqof42ruree.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments on my photos! Those are all with my phone. I do have a digital slr Cannon I like to get fancy with. I also like true photography. No photoshop only cropping and lighting maybe! Been a hobby of mine all my life. Got my first camera for my birthday before the New York World’s Fair in the 60’s. Whatever year that was. I think I was 10? Did do all my kids weddings, but like nature shots best!

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Up to pg. 37.

RvRita
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I just returned home from grocery shopping and plan to sit upstairs with DH and read. Today is cool and overcast after a week of sunshine. I have a book from Library to Go on my phone. This one is a contemporary western romance, and set in Central Oregon. I also read vampire romances. They have just the right wry humor from time to time. Don't look at me for recommendations if you want to read something more lofty. :wink:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Allergies hitting me hard today. My sinus headache terrible y a small throat tickle itchy eyes like glass is in them. Many of us feeling it now or soon I bet it’s the signs of Spring.So soup for supper y resting the rest of the day,

My cousin sent a care package freeze dried peaches y strawberries 1 serving each but I can break it up putting in cereal so it lasts longer.Fkavored Tunas y cans of soup. Toothpastes forJR y us (hard to find at our nearest store). Chocolates hubby will be happy for that . Chocolate covered blueberries 1 serving can eat a handful a day or let hubby enjoy it. He’ll be excited when he sees the hot sauce spicy tuna packet. Definitely the best gift to be given right now.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Finally can see food journals of friends again but lol even tho we talk or I see their daily post it’s claiming everyone was 6days ago last log in. Is this just mine?
    zaatg7prku85.png
    uagax6aalitu.png
    pdifj6l2v6pf.png
    3 I added yesterday or day before that so definitely wrong
    Amber
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Amber-mine says the same thing and has for a while.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather I love those Sweaty Bettys! Did you get the same color for yourself as you did for Jessamy?
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did Jeanette Jenkins Core Stretch DVD. Not bad – mostly stretching. The plan for tomorrow is to do Amy Dixon and Paul Katemi’s Double Down DVD.

I stubbed my toe yesterday and now it’s black and blue. The worst thing is that I can’t exercise as much or I should say certain things I can't do. Like I know that I can’t do rear lunges. Today I couldn’t do a plank on my toes, only on my knees. But I also know that it’ll get better in a week or two. Isn’t it amazing how much longer now it takes us to heal?

Amber – your mother sounds like she was one really special lady

SuziQ – regarding going live – did you SERIOUSLY expect corporate to be logical???

Karen VA – Vince is your typical meat and potatoes man. Me? I could live on a dinner of only vegetables. I mentioned that he may have to eat a veggie burger. You should have seen the look I got! Beyond Burger and Impossible Burgers are pea flour based. Well, if he won’t eat them, then I guess he won’t eat them. Not my problem.

Pip – oh, I can SOO relate. Our first cat brought a rabbit in which went behind the dining room buffet and died. For the longest time I smelled this horrible thing. I did everything, put out candles, boiled things on top of the stove, nothing I did got rid of the smell. Then one day we moved the buffet and saw the dead rabbit. I don’t think I’ll ever forget seeing that.

Rebecca – how wonderful that your sister wanted to video chat

Dropped things off at friend’s houses then made the donation to the Salvation Army. I think this is going to be the last one for a while. Then decided to stop at Aldi on my way home. Didn’t buy much but did get some hamburger meat which I made into patties and put in the freezer. We have an old Polaris that doesn’t work and Vince put it up on Craigslist for free. So far, he’s gotten 5 people who want it. He’ll go to meet someone at Food Lion tonight and give it to him then. I may go with him just to check out their meat (things that Aldi didn’t have) and sour cream.

Amber – I see you are friends with BillyOldish. Where do you know her from?

Anne DE – how is Delaware? Oh, how I miss PJ. I texted Denise that assuming all was OK, we’d be up there Memorial Day weekend. Truthfully, part of me is a bit scared. They tend to go to the NJ shore a lot and NJ is a pretty hot spot. Just wondering how DE is doing

Came back from the Food Lion. I stopped in and got Steve’s juice (no other store carries it) and sour cream (Aldi doesn’t carry it). They don’t have the kind of spinach I’m looking for and they don’t sell a pork tenderloin which surprised me. Then again, this is just a bread-and-milk store so I really shouldn’t be surprised. I saw this really cute shirt but, unfortunately, they didn’t have a size for PJ. It said “somebody in Newton, NC loves you”. No 18 month which is probably the size he is wearing. Rebecca – what size clothing is Athenia wearing?

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Mm