WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Amber. :o those inmates…

>>>

Barbie Such a wonderful photo of your stylish mother and your father in his uniform. Do you think your mother made that lovely suit?

>>>

Tonya the photos of your daughter are food for my soul…

>>>

Margaret I would have liked to have seen that rose-breasted grosbeak! They are so pretty:

kkold19vif6z.png

>>>

Lisa Yep. I can imagine that your husband does need plenty of protein. I feel lucky that meat is optional for us. I think it will be fun to hone my vegetarian food prep skills.

>>>

Karen in Virginia
    >>>
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Amber: I’m sorry you’re having eye troubles. :flowerforyou:

Sue: I’m delighted to hear that one of the stores in your area is selling girl scout cookies and sending the money directly to the organization. What a nice thing for them to do! :star:

Karen in VA: I’ve been largely absent from facebook for a long while. I stop in there occasionally. :ohwell:

Shona from France: Welcome! :smiley:

Barbara: I haven’t read the Comte St. Germain books. :ohwell: You and DH look good in your masks. I’m glad you’re protecting yourselves. My son is the one who warned about a possible/probable meat shortage. I’ve shopped and added meats & fish to our freezers. I’ll look for things in weekly ads that seem like bargains. We have been lucky with power stability. There have been few outages since we’ve lived here. I can’t recall one, even when we had high water in the river and flooding on minor creeks. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: We had a chest freezer years ago. Our daughter actually fell into that one while trying to retrieve a meat item for us to cook for dinner. She was fresh out of the shower and wrapped in a bath towel at the time. We dragged the chest freezer into our driveway and put a for sale sign on it. It sold that very same day and we bought an upright freezer. Now we have two of them in the garage, plus the freezer in the refrigerator. We’ll be adding to all three as attractive items are on sale.

Does anyone remember Muppet Thanksgiving? There was also a Muppet Christmas Carol. They couldn’t bring themselves to kill and eat the turkey, so the Chef prepared a tofudy-beast. If worst comes to worst, we may all be eating roast tofudy-beast at the holidays. We’re shopping meat sales now. I’m not a tofu fan and hope to avoid tofu Thanksgiving and Christmas. I know there may be vegans, vegetarians & pescatarians in the group and mean no disrespect to them.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,267 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I am very impressed with Joe's hair. I love his silver curls. My poor DH is almost completely bald. :D
    I could have sent the leggings back, but it would have involved quite a lot of inconvenience to me. I am lazy. She was wearing them today when we Zoomed. :D

Just woken up from a lovely nap. I hope I sleep tonight.

I hope we hear from Rori soon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Katla- I was born premature so used to it they just unlock a cabinet make a glaucoma patient should be driving you joke then shake their head unlock a few more cabinets until they find my coke bottles . Then because only kids glasses fit my face they try to debate which type of lens can shrink it enough to fit them. Then bend the backs inward to fit my ears so they don’t slide off. I had Barbie to sponge bob glasses lol . I luckily last time the kids section had adult looking pairs so grabbed it! Also grabbed one to put back Incase they go back to cartoon characters again. My allergies are making my eyes so itchy y watery I can barely see with my glasses on Hayfever a bugger! Hubby had some eye drops of mine he put it where we can both share for now. My eye site improved a little after each pregnancy tho so been lucky enough that even tho my eyes are worse during a year later I go down a prescription for 1 or both eyes. They keep tipping about bifocals y trifocals to me but don’t want them yet.

Amber Tx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Last class of school year today. Lovely group to finish with.
    1st day post intensive lockdown (1) yesterday. Very cold and windy. Went to big shop to get computer charger, 2 external hard disk and flash drive. Got my CT scan today. They found nothing. Tomorrow i may be able to get a serological test. I have a prescription. Will see if i can get an apt without much delay. Am downright tired for not known reason. Not a radical change between Sunday and today. We have grown accustomed to not leaving our km.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :)Karen, I'm sure my mother didn't make her suit. Sewing was not her thing but she was a savvy shopper and lived In NYC so was probably able to find some choices even during the war.

:)Katla, I talked to a neighbor this morning who was just coming home from Safeway. She said she found everything she wanted but they had a limit on how many packages of meat she could buy.

:) Gotta get busy and start vacuuming. I have put it off for too many days.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    I went to the drugstore today. First time out of the house in two weeks! Drove the long way home.
    Annie in Delaware
  • Shonafreshstart
    Shonafreshstart Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank you all for your welcome! I look forward to getting to know you better through your posts.
    @BeUncommon excellent photos!
    I've been 'good " today exercise and food wise - well within my MFP calories. I'm pleased about that but home schooling has been really tough today. I have to admit that I find it hard to motivate my kids. Still, at least I didn't hit the biscuits due to stress!
    Shona from France
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited May 2020
    Options
    How old are your kids Shona?
    Whereabouts are you in France?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    For anyone still needing masks can’t locate any https://youtu.be/PQCBcyzz0ws

Ellenshop.com she’s a TV talk show host they’re selling some not sure how much but if you need one or family worth checking.

Amber Tx

A family of 19 who live together got the virus can only imagine the grocery carts 🛒 full to feed them for a day even yikes 😬
    https://youtu.be/nSiTeuvlFPc
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    LISA ~ Levi is just too cute for words... <3

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Levi's smile! :D<3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Yeah, kind of in baby love with Levi, I'm afraid. It's my daughter's last one, and I hope to see more of him once this mess is over. Of all of them.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Well fridge and pantry is full, but its hard to figure out where anything is! Waiting in line for an hour is tedious. Went to Office Max because husband needed to buy a new ink cartridge for the printer. I bought some file folders to make friendship flip books, and glue to organize them, and washi tape to decorate them. I will show you when I am done.

I bought 4 pieces of candy as a treat to myself.
    Today's feast was some of my roast chicken we bought. Then a salad with lettuce, blue cheese crumbles, hearty shredded sharp cheddar cheese, pickled beets, a hard boiled egg, cranberries, and walnuts with my Annie's shiitake mushroom sesame dressing I like. Then toast with avocado. Happy belly.👍
    Have a great day ladies!💖
    💖Rebecca
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Pip- Will the gym let you freeze your membership? A few of the gyms around here, let us "freeze" our membership for three months each year, then the contract starts back up again after that period. KJ