WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Oh it felt so good to sleep in my own bed....
    Rori- dear friend wish we all could be with you.. put us in your pocket and know we are all therr cheering you on...if you have to take life a minute at a time..
    My day off and I will.get dressed stop up at my brothers and then go get homer..and just stay home...do a load of laundry..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did Jillian Michael No More Trouble Zones DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 30 Minutes to Fitness Quick Fix DVD

Putting some of the edging in. It’s cloudy today (Mon)and not real hot or humid.

Margaret – lovely window. You are so lucky to get to look at it all the time

I can’t seem to find my last post. I do remember asking if anyone has ideas of things to crochet with small (like ½ skein) skeins of yarn I’m about to start another scarf. Looks like the tree skirt for us came out larger than the one I had previously. When I go to the yarn store today, I’m going to ask her why. I’m also going to ask her if she knows anyone who can look at something and tell me that pattern. It must be something fairly simple. I didn’t realize it, but I’d made this blanket a while ago. I think it’s really pretty and would like to make another one if I can.

Allie – I do wish you can get a job in a nursing home. You would be so good there. You are so caring.

Rori – Holy Jumpin Jahuzats!!!! You’ve certainly had A LOT on your plate. At least your brother’s test came back negative, that’s A LITTLE something to be thankful for. You have me speechless with all you’re going thru. What have you been doing for YOU??? Wish I was there for you.

What’s going on? All this bad news! First Rori, now Beth. And, of course, everyone doing things for others and health issues

Beuncommon – LOVE the pic

Love all the pics of flowers, kids, and animals.

Michele NC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Healing thoughts and prayers to all who need them...physically, mentally, and emotionally! <3o:)<3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Skimming through. Getting things put away for the cleaner who is coming this morning. She'll need a baler. Our little dog who desperately needs a clip has dragged in every piece of cut grass, dirt, dead leaves, you name it on her fur which is more like down than hair. Gets especially bad when grass is wet. I finally got the scissors and snipped her legs. She did great and wasn't a pill about it. Need to keep at it. She has groomer appointment June 4th.

Rori - ((((HUGS)))) We are sending lots of strength, angels, whatever you need right now. Wish we could send you three days of sleep. <3

Karen and Machka - thank you for the JPEG tips! They helped! I managed to figure it out with Windows7. I clicked on the image had I pasted onto the Word document, it gave a "save as picture" option right below the the Paste option on the drop down selection. By gum, that was the JPEG option I was looking for.

Guess who is still sending out Windows7 updates even though they said they wouldn't? Yep, Microsoft. I wonder if they got a lot of push back from Windows7 users. It's been good though, I now back up my data faithfully once a week.

Powerpoint-binging:
    Here's what I was wanting to post several days ago. Very simple example of how the addicted brain keeps cycling with drugs, food, you name it. See the cue, imagine the pleasure, then kick into action and "get some" time and time again. The stop button and "no" button have been disabled. As Homer Simpson would say, bad, bad brain!

xrvrl44s9nu5.jpg

Margaret - wanted to mention how much I always enjoy your garden photos. We can't seem to get lilacs to grow at our place. My grandmother in Indiana had a huge bush and I just loved the fragrance. I could smell them again when I saw yours. Thank you!

OK ladies, back later. B)

Lanette
    Damp SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :) Last week Bernie threw up on my blanket and after I washed it and put it back on the bed, I realized how old and shabby it was. Thinking back, I remembered that we bought the blanket with money we got for our wedding in 1989. It was an electric blanket until Sasha started chewing on the wires when she was a puppy in 2007. We decided it was OK to throw the blanket away and buy a new one. I was crazed looking at all the choices so I turned the job over to Jake who found the perfect blanket, perfect weight, and pleased me by choosing red and black plaid because he knows I like bright colors. It arrived yesterday and after washing it, I put it on the bed and am delighted with it.

:) Yesterday afternoon, I decided that I really did need a CD player to replace the one that quit working in March. I did some research on the internet and found one that will meet my needs, consulted with Jake, did some more research and found one at a good price. It will be here early in June. I may never teach a line dance class in my driveway or on a basketball court like Barbara's teacher, but now I'm ready.

:) I am aware every day that I am privileged and I have a lot to be grateful for.

<3Rori, one of my new neighbors is caring for her mother with Alzheimer's. I stopped to talk to her yesterday and she kept tearing up. I thought of you and all your challenges. One struggling family member is a challenge. Three plus housing problems is way too many.

:)Lisa, It sounds to me like you've gotten a lot of signs that it's time to move on. The transition time will be a challenge but you'll be glad you took this step. Carry me in your pocket unless it's already full of all your other supportive friends.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    My goodness Rori they say bad things happen in 3’s you had 4’s so proved that wrong. Treat yourself to something special today even if it’s just 10-30minutes soaking your feet in a warm bucket of water (add lemon 🍋 y Eason salt if you got it then lotion up after.You deserve it.

Today cleaning again no time to exercise doing a big task on my pantry. Want it to be more clean,functional,y put new bug stuff to keep anything that manages to sneak in away since foods precious y summer bugs are coming soon.
    Eating right not sure what to make yet tho.

Amber Tx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Kim - it's draining right now and LOOKING PROMISING! :D
    Last time I didn't have the milk hot enough and used bottled lemon juice. :o Thank you. I didn't use the cream as I see many recipes without it.
    Of course, for me, lemons etc are pricey. I wouldn't be doing it to save money, more for the challenge, (I hate to be beaten), and because I shall make paneer with at least half of it. Good paneer is very hard to find locally. I have a nice recipe with spinach and red peppers that I used to cook. What do you use yours for? I see some people make veggie lasagne with it as a layer.

KJ - It's DDIL who usually takes the photos and sends them to us. I feel extremely lucky that she takes the trouble to keep us in the loop. She also sometimes sends little videos. :D I asked Edie on Zoom if she had let the butterflies loose yet and she said they had. So I asked DDIL to send me pics. Their hair is wet because they had all been swimming. The sea was freezing and Bea said they were all shivering 'so mummy put us in a hot bath'. Then she let them get into their pyjamas before they released the butterflies. <3
    DH has just finished his new quizzes. I have fine tuned them a little for him and he will send them off by email. It's half term here, so it's up to them if they want to do them. They really enjoy them. These ones are COLOURS and HOW LIFE BEGAN. <3

Still beautiful weather here. I went shopping in my local deli for milk, lemons, fruit, veg and smoked fish. I won't go running because of the crowds and I want to rest my grumpy knee. I need the sports shops to open so I can buy new trainers. Mine 19 months old and have lost their padding and bounce! Three weeks to wait.
    I will row instead.

Tandoori chicken tonight with roasted cauliflower.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Rori *rushes over to you* gently bonking your forehead with mine.💖. I am sorry, for your strife and struggles. Hugs friend.💖. Know we are resting firmly in your back pocket. 💖
    💖Rebecca

Happy belated birthday PIP!!!!💖. You made money on your birthday?? You know yer supposed to GET stuff right?😁 hugs to you, many more!
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    BeUncommon: I love the Free Hammocks cartoon. Priceless! :laugh:

Lanette: What a coincidence—we’re in the damp zone right along with you. :ohwell:

Sue in WA: I hope your trip is positive and brings you a sense of closure and peace. :star:

I am feeling absolutely lucky this day. I appreciate each of you for your wisdom and friendship. The magic of the internet keeps me in touch with friends and family. I count all of you as dear and valued friends. It is a shame that Bill Shatner can’t fire up the Enterprise transporter and share it with all of us.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Kim - I've decided to convert all the ricotta into paneer as I'm not sure what else to use it for. I might get two meals out of it. Here it is, safely wrapped in cheesecloth, being weighted down. :D

63bqww9095xc.jpg

Very much looking forward to my curry.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    (((Rori)))
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    Matchka thank you for your advice. I drink about 64-80 ounces (1.7-2.3 liters) of water a day and electrolytes. I had the fainting sñells last year. Has to do with Walt blood pressure and is hereditary. My paternal grandma had fainting spells which no one could diagnose. She lived to 97. I just have to be aware and get to a sit before I fall so I don’t get hurt.

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    My yogurt came out runny because I had it outside and the darn raccoons got into trying to open the pot. ( we have a big insta por and no room in rv). They made such a racket, we went outside and brought it in. Didn’t have time to cook long enough I think.

Next time, real milk and I have a place I can lock it in which I didn’t think of yesterday. :mad

Rv Rita

Ps feeling better but still headache
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    I've divided the paneer into two and have one in the fridge and one in the freezer.

Each pack is about 8 oz, so should be enough.

On tv tonight watching babies being born and the series about the autistic boy. I will watch both of them in the bedroom as it is not DH's thing. He will watch Midsomer Murders. Recording our favourite chemistry programme and George ll. :D Future fun!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather So...the ricotta is neatly wrapped in cheesecloth, on the pan, with the liquid leaking out of it, and weighted down by a crockery lid (maybe?), a can of duck confit, and a can of sweet corn? With your IP in the background? I'm loving this picture so much I can't even say. I feel as if I am in your kitchen with you. <3

Now, I too want to make ricotta.

>>>

Rori You & Penny were both on my mind when I woke up this morning. I'm so glad you posted! You are going through the Circles of Hell. I couldn't help but notice it's you two sisters who are taking care of business. Your sister is taking care of her own health business (best thoughts for her)…and you are taking care of everybody else's. Reading your post sucked the air right out of my family room here in my house in Virginia.

So my stream-of-consciousness is going like: "WTF? A flash fire? What was he doing, using gasoline in his grill?…Wait. WTH? her husband lost consciousness? Why? I hope he doesn't have a concussion. It would be the pits in light of his dementia. Wait a minute. What? Her brother had 6 L of fluid drained off & they sent him home? Must be cirrhosis or something. That fluid's just going to build back up. I hope he has an appointment with a hepatologist to discuss a stent or something before they go through this again. Oh no! her sister has lung mets? That's so unfortunate. Sure hope the surgery goes well and she does fine. That's probably Rori's person she can usually talk to about Brother and Husband, & she really needs a sympathetic ear right now. I wish I could help. This is so difficult. I wish I could help."

Sending the best peaceful, healing light I know how to send, Rori. (((Hugs)))

>>>

Baby Lilly is here today. Just waking up from a nap. She learned how to use Johnny Jump-Up today. :)

Karen in Virginia

• grandmallie
    Options
    Alright... here I am still going to check the mail in a minute... my brother called and said Jean had called hin to see if I wanted to work the weekend again.friday night overnight and Saterday night overnight and whenever Jean shows up on Sunday
    I am glad she has the confidence in me and I will get about 600.00 for the weekend but I dont want to be relied on every weekend..
    Sean going back up norrh to the cottage to work up there.Jean working during the week and she wants to escape on the weekend's i understand dealing with any dementia,Alzheimers especially near the end is tough. But I just dont understand why your mother who loved and raised you and took care of you ,you dont want to spend what maybe her last months with her..
    I will probably work the weekend .but will tell her im not doing it every weekend as it is im supposed to work Saturday's during the day anyway.
    Ok enough ranting.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Allie You go, Girl!

>>>

Lisa It kinda messes up the rest of your day to be waiting this way. But if they don't pull the plug, will they at least tell you if they've accepted your notice? So you'll know when your actual last day of work is? It is hard to imagine that this was harder on your supervisor than it was on you...except that she is a Micromanager and you are Unmanageable, true to form, you have done something unmanageable, LOL!!! Love you, Liberated Lisa. You're one of my heroes.

>>>

I'll post View from my window after I'm done with work at 8 EST.

>>>

Karen in Virginia

• grandmallie
    Options
    Lisa- everything happens for a reason..and for all the time ive known you your a bounce back kind of gal.. so I know better things are coming...
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Heather - I made it the first time because I had an overflow of fresh asparagus (I know that is hard to imagine, but I was picking from 3 beds and was getting 3 + pounds at a time) and I found this recipe for a fresh ricotta and asparagus tart, well by the time I could get the milk (they were selling pints no more than 1 each time) I had eaten or frozen the asparagus. By then it was just a challenge! And the first time was with Meyer lemons and it was sweet the second time was 2 batches from the same gallon of milk. So I am eating it with fruit as dessert sort of like you do with yogurt and fruit. BUT paneer?! I love that and I have never made it. So what do you do to the ricotta? Just more draining??????????????????

Lisa – (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Allie – I think you need to (as lisa says) hang your shingle out to do this for others.

Kim from N. California