Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Bouquet made from my garden...54ggfrvrm58e.jpg
  • margaretturk
    Options
    I used to used real moss but had such a hard time keeping it alive.c9i6t5x0g3cc.jpg The plants are real. I have it high so rabbit don't eat the plants.
  • margaretturk
    Options
    This window was added by a previous owner. I feel fortunate I get to see it everyday. cz5wb7ewmyth.jpg
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    MARGARET ~ Lovely flora and the window is beautiful.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Happy Birthday Pipster! When did you say the realtor was coming out to see your house? Our (yours and our) areas are destined to really grow for the next 5 years due to the tech building in Dupont (a new community between Tacoma and Olympia, WA - home to a large Intel facility) and other areas of the Puget Sound. We are the ideal bedroom community down here in the boonies. Don't blame you for planning retirement sooner than later. <3

Lisa - Corey hugging you reminds me of the old adage "When Mommy's happy, everyone is happy." I appreciate your insight I think we all regress to a certain extent when we're unhappy. :)

Michele - regarding "Liquid Fence".
    It only stinks while it is wet - once it's dry, humans can hardly smell it but deer and bunnies can. It's not completely rainproof but will last a few weeks. So I pick a day to apply it when I know it will get dry. I've discovered the trick is to start applying early in the year when the trees are just starting to bud - the deer will hopefully bypass our place for a while, associating the trees with the smell. It doesn't harm the grass and the bees/insects don't seem to be bothered by it. Not sure how effective it would be for your problem though. Are you sure it's deer digging the holes? Must be something tasty. Deer (and goats) are generally browsers and go for trees and bushes. Similarly, sheep are grazers and go for the grass. Tho they will eat anything available if they have no other choice.

About Charities:
    Ever since this craziness started a few months ago, I've noticed endless ads for organizations wanting money. Mainly the senior meals and soup kitchens in the area, but national charities as well.

Among my friends, we make sure extra dollars stay local. We have several choices to if we have extra $50 a month, let's say. The organizations providing meals. The Salvation Army or Love Inc which can help pay for housing and utilities in emergency cases. Adding a little to the electric bill payment which goes to help those who can't make theirs right now. Hiring the neighbor kid or grand kid (who is attending the local college and whose parent is now laid off) to help out with odd jobs. Many, many places for money to go. Which makes me wonder how much money will be staying in the community where we see it helping neighbors v. being donated to the national service organizations with often large overhead? Anyhow, food for thought.

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State - no walking today.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,734 Member
    Options
    My brother should be home in about an hour...
    I am watching Trading Places.. with Dan Akaroid and Eddie Murphy ..always a funny movie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: Did the check-out cashier bag for you, or did you bag your own groceries? So far, I can take my durable bags into the local stores, but I have to do my own bagging. I don’t mind bagging my groceries, but I prefer my durable plastic bags rather than paper bags. I guess I'm a tree hugger. I go to Safeway or IGA most of the time. I rarely go to Freddies in the next town since they closed their bulk foods aisle. :ohwell:

Pip: Happy Birthday! :star:

Barbie: We mostly stay at home except for grocery shopping and going for long walks on nice days. Today is a rainy day. I plan to go out to the garage and ride my terra-tryke on its trainer. It is a great way to keep my fitness at a good level and burns lots of calories. :bigsmile:

Happy Memorial Day!

Katla in Beautiful and wet NW Oregon
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Our neighbors tree limb huge longer than a truck broke off. No damage unless mine or their roofs leak (hard to know if anything even a crazy raccoon 🦝 made holes up there again last night. ) Tornado 🌪 came close (I’m terrified more of dust storms y earth quakes used to these but dust filled tornadoes where Grandma lives can’t get used to at all ripped her roof off once gets in the eyes very hard to breath which panics me).
    Here’s Daughter with her JR Police Academy back in the day yes the guns loaded . They gave her a loaded launcher bazooka looking too for shooting tear gas into buildings. Never said they were smart,yes ripped into them for stupidity. They said they trusted only her. I wouldn’t lol 😂 she was at a bad age group (9yr olds are loose cannons so don’t give them a cannon!) Still raining here having flooding in many areas y no power but luckily we have power y no high waters in my home area. Poor hubby checking on his moms house,renters,his widow woman sister,y job sites. He can’t rest until he Che is them all out.
    [img]https://us.v- cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/72/2wspjkzz6bqp.jpeg[/img]
    rpc3xzgqdy68.jpeg
    59daiinckjob.jpeg8ke7aiscta8h.jpeg

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Today changed A/C filter now eating healthier (last night stress ate). Exercising lightly.

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Kay: The haircut looks great! :star:

Machka: Here in Oregon, the new normal is face masks and gloves. In fairness, I see a mix of people when I shop. Some have masks and others do not. I use mine to protect myself and my DH. He has more than one chronic illness—MS and diabetes. I need to stay healthy so that I don’t give him a disease. I also stay healthy for my own benefit. :star:

Barbie: Berne’s expression makes me think that the waitstaff is not getting the job done to his expectations. :wink:

Heather: Congrats on getting in touch with your good friend. :heart:

(((Margaret))) I envision your mom in Heaven admiring what a great job you’ve done with your life. :star:

Barbara: I think our dads would understand one another well. WWII was fought in Europe and the Pacific. In my dad’s case, the memories from the south seas and Solomon Islands caused sporadic nightmares for the balance of his life. :cry:

Barbie: For Mother’s Day I got telephone calls from both of my adult children. My daughter’s children traded the phone around and I got to talk to each of them. My son’s boy is too young for a phone chat but I got to see great video of him playing in the yard. :bigsmile:

Pip: Thanks for clarifying the car battery situation. :star:

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Today it is rainy, and we're having a cozy morning inside the house. We ordered a new BBQ though ACE Hardware and it should be here within a few days. Our old BBQ is no longer useable. It lasted for several years, DH rebuilt it twice and now it needs to visit recycle heaven.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,584 Member
    Options
    cityjane and exermom you didn't miss it, today is my bday. thanks.

no workout yesterday or sat. yesterday went to a friends home to see her new back redone home space , fire pet, etc... by the little late, yogi had a blast going in the water. we did the distancing thing..today, going to clean up some more stuff and post it to sell, Kirby is off today, made me breakfast in bed... have a good one all
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Lisa, like Barbie I was surprised by the lack of diversity in your council, but then your explanation later made sense. Unfortunate that they are so bound up in their rules that it seems to have made them unable to roll with the punches. I think I hear echoes of Kim's camp council.....
    Pip, Happy Birthday!
    Lovely spring photos!
    Reusable grocery bags: the grocery stores that I frequent are not allowing reusable bags in the store. I leave mine in the trunk of the car and just put the groceries back into the cart, then bag when I get to the car. It's an extra step, but a necessary one. When this first started, we were allowed to bring our bags in but they weren't to touch common areas, so I just set them up in the cart and did my own bagging. I had also taken the extra step of throwing them all in the washer and then the dryer to ensure they were clean. They are made of a cloth like material, I think some might be a recycled plastic but they don't feel like plastic. They washed and dried just fine.
    Well, time to stop procrastinating and get on with my day! Meeting some friends on zoom this afternoon, we used to get together in person Monday afternoons but now we can't of course. I must say while the zoom is better than nothing, it is still a poor substitute. 😑
    Evelyn, on rainy, damp Vancouver Island
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Pip!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Aches in my back and joints lately. Tired and headache too. Hope I’m not coming done with anything scary!

Thanks you all for the comments on the hat. I printed a pattern for a romper. I am gonna try that and also make masks for the park employees, 10 in all. 9 camouflage and 1 minion!

I am going to try almond milk yogurt in an insta pot. Wish me luck! Any tips?

RV Rita
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Pip! :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Kim - It didn't work-AGAIN! I've only had it work properly once and today's was an almost total washout. Any tips would be gratefully received. :(

The Hairy Biker's Lamb Tagine was a great success though. :D

Amazon brought me 5 pairs of reading glasses in bright colours and a book which I'm looking forward to reading.

Not much on TV tonight. We will watch Grayson Perry's Art Club.

I watched a French film this afternoon while DH sat in the garden. It's going to be very warm and sunny this week. Not my kind of weather!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Almost passed out, dizzy spell like last year. No temp so just resting.

Got yogurt started. Couldn’t figure out boil on my pot. No adjust back ton. After research figured out I have to use the pressure cook on high for 5 min. So we shall see.

RV rita