WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC that is most likely what the members are doing. When we used to attend there was a gal that was a runner, and so she wore a sport bra and her running shoes. Oh and a smile. During the summer a blood mobile would visit. I walked in to the building where the dances were held, and one of the phlebotomist's told me I couldn't be nude! I complied and went to get my wrap and a shirt. I wanted to say, "hey lady you're in our world". But she had sharp thingies in her hand! As it was, she did her after donation speech they all learn to spout when they're done. She messed up though! She said, " now drink as much as you can today, wait, no, I mean if water, but stay out of the hot tub"! By then I was laughing and saying, " you told me I should drink, I heard you! Poor gal, I would imagine it was a tough day.
    When we would go to the restaurant, we'd all have our towels to put on the seat cushions. I normally would tuck the napkin under my right boob. I mean I want it handy when I would drop anything on my chest! Eating a nice dinner while naked as a blue Jay is interesting, liberating and for the first couple of times, very odd.
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Cleaning the pantry out y under the sink cabinet. Apply bug stuff to prevent,cleaning y wiping off stuff,rearranging,y mopping it

Amber Tx

Should take up the whole day
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    <3Janetr Hi! :D

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Happiest of birthdays to you Pip!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Rita Was it you that wasn't feeling well? I hope you are better.

>>>

Janetr Howdy, Lady!

>>>

Lanette
    When I take a screen shot, I can download it to MFP just like a photo. I have a Mac, not sure what you have, but I go to my Finder, look under Recents, and hold down Command if I want to post multiple screen shots. I don't know if that will help.

>>>

Allie I hope you have a tiny inkling of how amazing you are…you were responsible for the significantly better quality of life for your father-in-law, and now for Faith, who you are advocating for…you are a true blessing to these elders. It's an especially poignant contrast in the context of the ongoing wholesale pandemic sacrifice of elders in care homes in the USA, UK, Sweden, etc. Do not underestimate yourself. Ever.

>>>

SuziQ Hope you're hanging in there.

>>>

Luci Any chance you would post a video or two, or at least point the way so I can see/hear you playing your violin?

>>>

Tonya Cutest kiss picture.

>>>

Rebecca So entertaining your descriptions of your nude days. It must be a bit awkward at first. And I meant to ask about your Grandmother's dress…it is so unusual, I wondered if it has a story.

>>>

We're missing some people like Vicki GI, Meg Omaha, and several others. And I'm also just hoping those that dropped out a couple of months ago like NYKAREN, Mary, etc., are fine and well. I've been worried about NYKAREN knowing she's in the thick of things, but I think maybe Barbie is in touch with her on occasion maybe? I find myself wishing Wendy with Horses would drop in, and I still miss DJ, Iremia Re, Ginger, Chris in MA, and many others. And I miss Gloria. I wonder how those boys turned out. Not sure why I'm so danged nostalgic, LOL!

>>>

I put some veggies in the garden, and buried clay pots with Lantana in the front yard for walkers to enjoy. Very satisfying.

>>>

Rewirements:
    For the week ending 5/23:
    • Logged Food: yes
    • Decluttered at least 5 boxes/shelves/areas: yes
    • New goal: "close the rings" on Apple watch each day: 4 days out of 7
    • Grateful: for finally figuring out one of the Yorkies has a yeast infection of her skin and ears. She is SO much more comfortable & relaxed after a bath with Nizoral shampoo. It does my heart good to see her respond in this way.
    • Savor: Thick homemade full-fat yogurt with fresh strawberries.

>>>

View from my window FB:

97rtry3xc94j.png

ftdw2wan75wc.png

c0g72imbztt6.png

>>>

Karen in Virginia
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Pesto shrimp kabobs. Shrimp are wrapped in Genoa, Mortadella, or Prosciutto and then basted with pesto. It's something I came up with today and was delicious. un4d0cr5lr76.jpg
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Delish
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,734 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies
    I havent done a blessed thing since I got home
    Alfie is tired too..we both took a nap and it feels sooooo good to be in my own bed..
    Thank you for the accolades about caregiving it is a true pleasure for me and I guess it is a calling ..
    Dont think i could do live in as being there overnight since thursday had me as Heather says Knackered...
    Watching HGTV Hometown.. and will watch the new one later and then have a nice snooze..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    Touch of Spring here...
    ft46fm2rve1a.jpg
    ai3kceczw754.jpg

Lilacs are one of my favourite flowers ... but rarely found here.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: Here in Oregon, the new normal is face masks and gloves. In fairness, I see a mix of people when I shop. Some have masks and others do not. I use mine to protect myself and my DH. He has more than one chronic illness—MS and diabetes. I need to stay healthy so that I don’t give him a disease. I also stay healthy for my own benefit. :star:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Regarding the New Normal ...

What about things like:

-- technology. Are more people working from home? Have businesses improved their online presence? Are more people ordering online rather than shopping in person? Are uni students attending classes online?

-- active/human-powered transportation. Are more people walking and cycling to get around rather than using cars or public transportation?

-- fitness. Does it appear that more people are being active -- running, walking, cycling etc. Of course, they could have been in the gym before and the outdoor activity is a second choice.

-- distance. Is it socially normal now to maintain distance from each other?

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    cityjane and exermom you didn't miss it, today is my bday. thanks.

no workout yesterday or sat. yesterday went to a friends home to see her new back redone home space , fire pet, etc... by the little late, yogi had a blast going in the water. we did the distancing thing..today, going to clean up some more stuff and post it to sell, Kirby is off today, made me breakfast in bed... have a good one all

Happy Birthday!
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Almost passed out, dizzy spell like last year. No temp so just resting.

Got yogurt started. Couldn’t figure out boil on my pot. No adjust back ton. After research figured out I have to use the pressure cook on high for 5 min. So we shall see.

RV rita

How's your hydration ... drinking a couple litres of water a day? A little bit more if it is hot?

What about electrolytes if it is hot?

M in Oz