WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    ALLIE ~ I am glad you are standing up for yourself regarding the hours you will work. I can see that it would be depressing to know that you were missing out on Summer fun!

LISA ~ Your insight into the work situation is spot on. I like the idea of "better things to come" and know you will embrace whatever new opportunities come your way. Perhaps you will use your writing talent to create a best seller! :)

TRACY ~ Love the new deck!

Carol in Rainy Georgia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Viv UK: We have a glorious morning here, too. Leah is a cute dog. :star:

Barbara: My favorite thing about Freddies was the bulk foods section. They closed it due to the corona virus. When that is restored, I’ll go back there to shop. Two of our good friends use their shopping service and pick up their grocery orders outside the store. Both have health problems and a need to avoid the germs of other people. Our local IGA also has this service available. I prefer to shop in person. :wink:

M in OZ: You have more ambition to do well than most people I know. I admire your dedication and perseverance. :star:

Barbie: We are carnivores. We grill meats on our BBQ. We used to grill sweet corn and kabobs, too, but DH’s digestive system will no longer tolerate them. I miss the sweet corn. :ohwell:

I am hoping to take the old BBQ to the recycle station today. We started power washing the deck yesterday & it would be a pleasant task to finish that today. The weather is starting out to be lovely.

Today’s COVID-19 Dashboard for our county shows a total of 16 positive, no deaths, 1426 negative and 15 recovered. The I-5 corridor from Portland to Salem has had the highest number of cases in our state. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Holding on to 137.8 lbs 2 days in a row.
    Exercising yo eating right. Went over calories so maintain last night but needed some granola y protein so had to. Today will see.

Amber Tx

Yes the guns being loaded you know I said something to those cops. Tear gas would have shot out with kids everywhere or hit one if she like all 9yr olds it’s heavy drops it or cause y effect curiosity at that age. Luckily she felt obedient that day. Lol we all know how fickle that age group is.

Still stuck in the same state in my walking app chose a long one I guess. Forever walk
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    We have had no new cases overnight in b and h. The other day we had a jump of 7, :# so I'm glad to see it go back down.

Had a nice Zoom with my old school friends - 'the girls'. The internet was a bit slow, so there was a bit of freezing, but we all managed to say something. It is good to keep in touch. Plus I had a reply email from another old yoga friend, so I am blessed.

I've been writing about my first 'love' when I was 14. Made me a bit nostalgic. I contacted him just out of curiosity about fifteen years ago through Friends Reunited and it was very strange. We talked on the phone as he was in Australia and it was clear that he was much more in love with me than I had realised. He even sent me a love poem by email. I terminated the connection in the end as it felt uncomfortable. He had turned into some sort of hermit who had turned his back on most people including his son. That I would not have predicted, but we were both severely damaged people.

Roasted Mediterranean vegetables with feta tonight. AF red.
    Having an AF beer right now. :DB)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Regarding "Normal" ...

But wait ... there may be more! 2020 isn't over yet. :naughty:

I get Earthquakes Today statuses on my newsfeed and noticed a lot of rumbling in Nevada lately ... maybe California is getting ready to set sail!!
    http://www.earthquakenewstoday.com/

M in Oz

I am ready for 2020 to be over and forgotten...not over by earthquake, but just completed and we can all move on to 2021.

Tina in CA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)Allie, thanks for your reply. I just wanted to make sure that neither you nor Faith was the loser just because Jean is a bully.

:)Heather, my friend just brought me four lemons from a bag of lemons she bought at Costco. I wish I could share them with you.

:)Katla, We don't eat much meat. When we had our RV, we had a small Weber grill and frequently made kabobs. We finally figured out that grilling wasn't our thing and we gave away the last grill.

:) warm today so I'll do a bit of work outside this morning.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Kim and Barbie - NO! They aren't that expensive! I can't remember what I paid for mine, but not much different to you. I somehow imagined they were growing on trees in California! :D:p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Jaxsgma
    Jaxsgma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Touch of Spring here...9kynhxxtftar.jpg
    r5r68cgu7frr.jpg
    ft46fm2rve1a.jpg
    ai3kceczw754.jpg
    b4641j0ltn3j.jpg

Love your pictures, My favorite color is lavender, and I had a lavender bush were I use to live, loved it.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Lemons 🍋 the price depends on where you live.I live near the boarder of Mexico y Daughter in California near the border so 10c a piece to 20c depending on if it’s a lime or lemon 🍋 to it’s size. My Cousin who live on the outskirts of NY said her price is way extremely higher. Location,state taxes,price if gas to transport lots of stuff determine the prices per state y city. I find the country side is cheaper than the city even.

Amber Tx

I also found the packets of Togo tuna $1 each is here but no chicken versions like in NY so my cousin sends me what I can’t get here in store
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Lemons in HEB or Walmart far cheaper than Target in my city

Amber Txpmf8uefrks5c.jpeg

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Yes ladies, you are right, writing letters is therapeutic for me. I have their letters and expend on their thoughts, and answer any questions they might ask. I think I am on my 15th correspondence with the gal with the loopy writing.👍. My one friend enjoyed her friendship flip book I mailed. Not cheap to send! I think I popped $5 to send it! Totally worth it though.

Made a rookie mistake and took both my fiber/probiotic chewable tablets and also drank mineral water. I need to pick one or the other! I think I was "dealing with myself" about 8 times in the afternoon/ evening. Then about 5 times during the night. Mineral water definitely makes you regular. My innards are sore today!

Today I had coleslaw with chicken on bread, with a serving of bagel chips and guacamole cup. Then I wanted to try my strawberry jam I made yesterday, so I had that on an english muffin with butter. While we were watching tv we both had two Franz molasses cookies. All in all it came to less than 1500 calories. Not enough protein, and too much carbs. I will make a bit better choices tomorrow. Maybe chicken soup, and veggies with a bagel. Wasn't able to get my commissary roasted chicken because they have stopped using the heated display area. So I bought a whole chicken 2 weeks ago at Safeway and it was the smallest bird I'd ever seen! So Tuesday I checked out the whole bone in chicken breast. Got a big yogurt containers worth of white meat, and boiling the carcass today.👍

Still doing my 1 meal a day regiment. I do give myself 2 hours to eat though. Woke up this morning with such a headache! Thinking I was dealing with some dehydration from my "goings", yesterday. I drank water, and put some Himalayan salt under my tongue and I was better until 11:30am when I opened my eating window. Closed my window at 1:30 pm. Tonight's meal is braut dogs, baked beans and barbecued chips. One of my many favorite meals but its not for me. Not my food, not my time. I will play chef like nobody's business!💖. At least its not anything I need to taste. The other day it was spaghetti and sampling a noodle and then spitting it out, its a bit mental but hey, I am not going to chase down someone to test a gosh darn noodle!

💖Rebecca

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kate UK It's been a few days since you've posted. I am guessing your husband's brother (do I have that right?) is terminal or passed now and you are busy with that. Thinking of you.

Hugs to all, (a few pages behind), thinking of Rori and Kate and Lisa particularly!

Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a 30 Minutes to Fitness Cardio Quick Fix DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Functional Intensity Training DVD

Allie – when my father was very sick, we had a lady living with him. If anyone wants to know what an angel looks like, I’ll send you her picture. She even washed his walls! She was from Poland, and while I really couldn’t communicate with her, my father had no problem. How I wish I’d been taught Polish, but I understand why it wasn’t spoken to me.

It’s spritzing on and off today and there is an 80% chance of rain, so we won’t be doing anything outside. I went to Publix, then Aldi, then stopped at Food Lion. Came home and pitted the cherries I got at Aldi, made rice in the IP to freeze, made noodles and butter for Vince, want to make a spinach feta pie (that’s why I had to go to Publix, that’s about the only place I can get the spinach). Also made some of the purple potatoes I bought so I can have them later in the week

Evelyn – today on the radio I hear about the “quarantine 19”

Barbara – hey, washing and drying the skirt is a great idea! I’ll have to remember to take it to the condo where the dryer is a gas dryer (we have electric) so it’s hotter. A tapestry needle has a larger opening unlike a needle threader. You can put yarn into it much easier. I also think they’re much more durable.

Read on the internet (don’t know how true this is, but I guess it’s worth a try) that vinegar will take the color out of hair. I suspect it won’t take it all, it’ll probably just lighten the dyed hair. So I bought some vinegar today at Aldi. We’ll see what happens

You know, it’s interesting, all of these confirmed cases. Death from other diseases has really dropped off. Well, that’s because the more they can attribute to C-19, the more federal funding they get. So things that may not have been c-19 related are being determined to be.

I talked to a friend of mine in OH. She said that their Y just opened, no group classes, only for weights and machines. Interestingly, if you need to use the bathroom, you need to find someone to open it. They don’t want to pay someone to be there if someone might use it so that they can clean afterwards. Where is the personal responsibility? Can’t we clean the toilet seat before we use it? No locker rooms.

M – why would you rather go for your PhD in Canada?

Michele NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    UK vs USA McDonald’s portion sizes huge difference
    https://youtu.be/ZMaW6TamNAc

Amber Tx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies im home ,had dinner with Trudy and am in bed and will be up and attem again in the morning.