June 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited June 2020
    @quilteryoyo - I meant to congratulate on your longest run! Good job hanging there and getting it done!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,352 Member
    @Teresa502 Nice run and hike. Being so hot an humid, I might have chosen to "fall" into the creek. Thank you!

@janejellyroll Nice (on the run, not the sunburn). Glad you have an active family.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    6/1 – 4
    6/2 – 5
    6/3 – 4
    6/4 – 4
    6/5 – 4
    6/6 – 3
    6/7 – 3
    6/8 – 5

32 of 100 miles

Sorry didn’t have time to read the thread all weekend, happy wedding and MFP anniversaries to all.

@TheMrWobbly FANTASTIC!!!

@rheddmobile great idea with the book

@PastorVincent – before you wash your clothes throw them in 1 cup of white vinegar in the sink or a tub for 15 to 30 minutes then wash as normal, as in not the 4 day wash cycle you are using now. Zip zip or you can throw a cup into the wash water, but I don’t think it works as well

@mbaker566 great photos, hope Scooby does well, I want to kiss Daisy’s little face!

Okay @Teresa502 your pictures convinced me off to the trails I need to go, it’s been too long

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June - Sept
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,352 Member
    @kgirlhart Yeah for getting your 600 mile bib. Sorry the run was stressful due to loose dogs. I love dogs too, but you can never be too careful.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @PastorVincent – before you wash your clothes throw them in 1 cup of white vinegar in the sink or a tub for 15 to 30 minutes then wash as normal, as in not the 4 day wash cycle you are using now. Zip zip or you can throw a cup into the wash water, but I don’t think it works as well

Thanks, but that would take about the same amount of time in the end as just letting the washer worry about the whole thing and not using the vinegar. :) The washer is just set to let the clothes soak in the soapy water for a while. Costs nothing extra and is completely automated. Me remembering to do extra steps (like check pockets for headphones) is not a recipe for success :)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,820 Member
    bearly63 wrote: »
    I have turtle strong legs that support my body and allow me to get outside run.🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
    You are fabulous and don't forget it!
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,231 Member
    03/06 2.55miles
    04/06 2.02 miles
    08/06 2.34 miles

exercise.png

@katharmonic - your before/after photes are excellent, very motivating
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Oh and @TheMrWobbly YOU ARE DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB! KEEP GOING!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    @Camaramandy648 I'm laughing at your comment about the respecting the boundary of the sun . . . mostly because I too have been guilty of thinking that I can power through any type of weather. In Minnesota, I'm more likely to get in trouble in the opposite direction with fantasies that I'm somehow immune to the cold.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    @Camaramandy648 I'm laughing at your comment about the respecting the boundary of the sun . . . mostly because I too have been guilty of thinking that I can power through any type of weather. In Minnesota, I'm more likely to get in trouble in the opposite direction with fantasies that I'm somehow immune to the cold.

i've had worse situations from the heat than the cold. i can always add more layers :)
    in wisconsin
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »

i've had worse situations from the heat than the cold. i can always add more layers :)
    in wisconsin

Oh yeah, the heat can be serious in this part of the world too . . . but I meant that I personally am prone to being more unrealistic about the cold than I am about the heat.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Beautiful hiking pictures, @mbaker566 and @Teresa502!

Welcome to all of the newbies!

@PastorVincent, I think you need to install a neon sign above your washer to remind you to check your pockets!