June 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo, I’m glad your husband wasn’t admitted. I hope he feels better soon. I hope your leg feels better this week too.

@Lexigraph Pretty place to walk!

@hamsterwheel6 Happy Anniversary!

@katharmonic Happy MFP Anniversary! I got something a couple of weeks ago saying it was my 5th or 6th (I honestly don’t remember). You have made so much awesome progress and should be proud!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @hamsterwheel6 Happy Wedding Anniversary! Glad you were able to go OUT for a nice meal 😊

@katharmonic Happy MFP Anniversary! You are truly an inspiration!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    6-1 7k moderate
    6-2 7k moderate
    6-3 7k easy
    6-4 7k moderately easy
    6-5 7k easily moderate
    6-6 7k slow
    6-7 7k moderate

June Total: 49k
    June Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k

2020 Total through May: 900k

Sunny and upper 50s F today, with a light breeze from the east. Started out slow; ended up at threshold, so it was a crazy run. Saw two deer where I've never seen deer (or even deer tracks) before. They were both bucks, and had the bewildered look of just having been kicked out by mama to make room for the new baby(s).
    Happy double anniversary to @hamsterwheel6 and @katharmonic!!! Tomorrow my wife will celebrate 46 years of having to put up with me -- not an easy task.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @rheddmobile, @kgirlhart, @hamsterwheel6 , @shanaber, @quilteryoyo, @marisap2010, @Scott6255 and @Tramboman !! @shanaber I had a notification that I had earned a badge for my 5th anniversary.

@marisap2010 love your jogging with a soft j shirt. Great job on your 5k and good luck with the 8k today.

@Tramboman happy 46th anniversary to you tomorrow!

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    06/01/20 :::: 3.5 :::: 3.5
    06/02/20 :::: 3.3 :::: 6.8
    06/03/20 :::: 2.4 :::: 9.3
    06/04/20 :::: 3.4 :::: 12.7
    06/05/20 :::: 3.2 :::: 15.9
    06/06/20 :::: 6.8 :::: 22.7
    06/07/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 27.7

I went out for an EARLY run this Sunday morning. Early for me anyway, at 7 am. It was gorgeous out. Just 57 degrees and the humidity was not as awful. I met a couple of friends and we took a very leisurely run around the lakes on the soft trail. There were a ton of runners out there taking advantage this morning and at one point a bunch of us converged at an intersection in the trails - it kind of felt like a mini local race was going on to see all the people in the run community I hadn't seen for a while.

I'm going kayaking today so I'm very excited. I need to get moving actually if I'm going to make my meetup time. Cheers all!
  • Lexigraph
    Lexigraph Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic What an amazing transformation, you should be super proud!

@marisap2010 Ya, it's a lovely spot, I'm super lucky to live just a few steps away from the beach. I'm trying to get out more, especially now that the stay home orders have been relaxed a bit. The dogs love the morning walks too, and I'm committed to staying as active as I can while I rest my shoulder.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Happy double anniversary to @hamsterwheel6 and @katharmonic!!! Tomorrow my wife will celebrate 46 years of having to put up with me -- not an easy task.

W00T! Congrats all three of you!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @Tramboman for your wife's grit 😁 But seriously, you must be doing something right!!!

And congratulations also to @marisap2010 for your 5th (or 6th!) MFP anniversary!! That's awesome ❣️

All this anniversary talk got me curious, so I tried looking back to when I joined, and my profile just says June 2017. I have a 1098 day logging streak, so I guess my 3rd MFP anniversary was just a few days ago!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 Thank you! And nice swag. I thought about doing that one! I did sign up for the Run Solo aka star wars May 4th and Mothers Day Tough as Mother. Did those and the medals were cool! I agree with these helping staying motivated.
    @scott6255 @Tramboman Thanks! And wow congrats to you and your wife!

Slept in late today, was great! Today will be XT - involving house stuff and walking around grocery store and laundry. Haha.
    Happy Sunday!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile - so glad you were able to get out for a run in the early early morning!
    @Lexigraph - I wish I live steps from the beach! I would be out there ever morning and evening! Beautiful!
    @hamsterwheel6 - glad you had a nice anniversary dinner out. Ours is next month and I expect we will just celebrate at home.
    @Tramboman - tell Mrs Tramboman Happy Anniversary! Oh and you too 😁. You are just a few years ahead of us @ 43 years in July.
    @scott6255 - I guess I am not very observant - I never noticed that our profiles showed when we joined. Apparently it has been 9 years for me last February - whoa! My logging streak is not that long though, maybe 5-6 years because I kept losing it early on and didn't see it as an important thing to maintain.

I got out for a short run yesterday with some stops and walking. It's going to get hot, hot, hotter here this week with temps in the 90s and winds. Fortunately for us we get super low humidity with the hot winds making hydration a must. Need to dig out my vest since using the drinking fountains is not an option.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    This is from my coach, some good information on heat training for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere (for the rest of you, put this in the to read folder come spring folder lol)

http://www.saratrainsthistown.com/post/heat-acclimation-and-tips-for-staying-safe
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 100 Miles

6/2: 6.55 miles
    6/3: 7.06 miles
    6/4: 6.72 miles
    6/7: 10.07 miles

30.41/100 miles completed for June

593.62/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I ran 10 miles this morning.  It was a good run, but it was hot. 74°F feels like 75°F at the start and 81°F feels like 85°F at the end. And that was the coolest time of the day. I usually take Monday as a rest day, but I may switch and run tomorrow and take Tuesday as a rest day. It is supposed to be 71° at 6:00 am and on Tuesday it is supposed to 81° at 6:00 am. I still don't have my Garmin but the tracking says the replacement should be here on Tuesday. I didn't have my Garmin for the run, but I did get some Aftershokz Trekz headphones and I have to say so far I really like them.

Happy Anniversary @Tramboman!
    Great transformation @TheMrWobbly!

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    Now the tracking says my Garmin will be here tomorrow. So I can't decide if I want to run without my Garmin when it is less hot, or wait and run with it when it is hot. Definitely a first world problem. 😄
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Now the tracking says my Garmin will be here tomorrow. So I can't decide if I want to run without my Garmin when it is less hot, or wait and run with it when it is hot. Definitely a first world problem. 😄

It’s stupid hot here too! Heat index 95 thirty minutes after sundown and it’s not supposed to drop below 76 all night. This is August weather, what the heck is going on here? At least even though we are still under curfew they have pushed it back to 11 pm now.

@TheMrWobbly Excellent! You look much less wobbly now!

@Tramboman Congrats on your anniversary!

@marisap2010 Congrats on the race and your MFP anniversary!