June 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Lexigraph
    Lexigraph Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo (and @Elise4270) Yes it definitely feels like it's a pulled attachment point or something, a tendon would make sense. Though I know a week isn't much in the long run (pun intended, lol) I'm sad to put my running (and most of my other workouts) on hold. I've been so motivated thus far, which has been great, but definitely don't want to risk any long term issues. I may have even been overtraining, so some time off will be good all round. Hopefully I'll be able to stay motivated and get back at it (at a more sustainable pace!) when my shoulder is back to normal. Thanks so much for the help and advice, the link you sent is definitely appreciated!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Don't give up. I don't see the protests lasting much longer - not the violent ones anyway. Hopefully the curfew will be lifted soon. I wouldn't run in that heat either! Geeze.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I couldn't run in that heat either. Hang in there. I hope they lift the curfew soon.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/1 – 4
    6/2 – 5
    6/3 – 4
    6/4 – 4
    6/5 - 4

21 of 100 miles
    Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June - Sept
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    06/01/2020: 3.1
    06/02/2020: 2.5
    06/03/2020: 3.1
    06/04/2020: 4
    06/05/2020: 3.1

exercise.png
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I feel you. Hang in there, it’s tough for sure. The heat is crazy.

Rest day today, did a BodyBoss workout at home.
    Hoping to get. A long run in this weekend. Will have to go early early.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Got in 5 miles early before work yesterday but forgot to post. Pace is still improving, which is good, and I was lucky it was a little bit cooler than the last couple of runs.

Hoping things are easing for you weather and curfew-wise @rheddmobile and that your 10 mile run goes well @quilteryoyo.

Today I’m doing strength training and a bit of yoga. Hoping for a long run tomorrow.

Happy weekend all x

June goal: 75 miles
    June total: 15 miles

1/6: 5m
    2/6: Strength training
    3/6: 5m
    4/6: Strength training
    5/6: 5m

May: 80 m
    April: 115 m
    March: 76.4 m
    February: 17.8 m
    January: 0
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Non running. DH had to take himself off to ED today, he was getting pain when he peed, muscle aches, and general tired malaise.

He's been there 4hrs, had IV antibiotics and is now getting fluids. I'm at home with the kids and I'm on call tonight (he went to my hospital). Fortunately my mum is here for a visit so she can watch the kids if I get a call out.

I'm worried he's going to be admitted. It's definitely a possibility. He HATES hospitals. Sigh.

I'm OK, just hard not being with him or knowing what exactly is going on. Im so tired from last night on call so will be trying to get sleep soon. (it's 840pm here now).

I'll let you know how he's doing in the morning, or when I know more.

Sorry to read this @Avidkeo - hope all is ok and that you can get some rest x
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo I hope everything turns out ok for your husband.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Non running. DH had to take himself off to ED today, he was getting pain when he peed, muscle aches, and general tired malaise.

He's been there 4hrs, had IV antibiotics and is now getting fluids. I'm at home with the kids and I'm on call tonight (he went to my hospital). Fortunately my mum is here for a visit so she can watch the kids if I get a call out.

I'm worried he's going to be admitted. It's definitely a possibility. He HATES hospitals. Sigh.

I'm OK, just hard not being with him or knowing what exactly is going on. Im so tired from last night on call so will be trying to get sleep soon. (it's 840pm here now).

I'll let you know how he's doing in the morning, or when I know more.

Wow that stinks. I have to agree with him on being checked into hospitals. UGH. Hopefully, it passes quickly.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo I'll keep your husband in my thoughts and prayers ♥ I hope he's okay. I hate hospitals, too, however necessary they are.

I plan to run outside tonight instead of on the treadmill, for the first time in what seems like forever, weather permitting. It's not supposed to get above 77° F today, so fingers crossed. The dogs will be happy. They've had a well-deserved break but I can tell its making them restless.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Yay, that is good news @Avidkeo! At least he is home and has a diagnosis and antibiotics to treat it. Hope goes away soon!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    6-1 7k moderate
    6-2 7k moderate
    6-3 7k easy
    6-4 7k moderately easy
    6-5 7k easily moderate
    6-6 7k slow

June Total: 42k
    June Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k

2020 Total through May: 900k

Sunny and upper 60s F today, with a little breeze out of the northeast. Thought about a longer run, but during kilometer 7 my right SI joint decided to be unhappy. With a half a k to go, it then decided it was OK after all, but I suspected it might have been a trick, so I stopped at 7.

@avidkeo Glad things worked out OK.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH