Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June - Sept
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @PastorVincent I really think the solution is to get rid of the washer and dryer.

I guess if I do that I can mail you all my stinky running clothes to wash for me then
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I really think the solution is to get rid of the washer and dryer.

I guess if I do that I can mail you all my stinky running clothes to wash for me then

@PastorVincent I mean, it's probably fine. Between sanitizing 3 x a day at work at before and after services at church, and then the smell of rodent in the office at work (dunno what's going on but it's BAD), what's one or a few more smell-bad items in my life? Maybe it's just my purpose in this season rotfl
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Got home
    So humid couldn't breathe. Waiting for the storm to pass a bit
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    10k humid run today. I tried to push the pace a litte, and didn’t do so bad. But clearly felt harder than normal. And the effort was there but the pace not so much. Everything @PastorVincent has posted about heat running is so true.

Oh, and ordered Nathan running vest. Was on sale and had reward points. Hopefully it fits well - on my small frame. I just realized that I need way more water/electrolytes then my running belt water bottles can hold.
    Just hope it’s not too heavy feeling or that it would effect my running.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    10k humid run today. I tried to push the pace a litte, and didn’t do so bad. But clearly felt harder than normal. And the effort was there but the pace not so much. Everything @PastorVincent has posted about heat running is so true.

Oh, and ordered Nathan running vest. Was on sale and had reward points. Hopefully it fits well - on my small frame. I just realized that I need way more water/electrolytes then my running belt water bottles can hold.

It will feel heavy at first. A standard hydration pack holds around 50oz of water. That is just over 3 pounds of water by itself. Once you add the weight of the vest and anything else you might stick in it, you could easily hit 5-6 pounds. The nice thing is a well-made vest spreads the weight out so you notice it less, but you probably will notice it at first. Over time you get used to it and it sort of fades away.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @quilteryoyo ugh! I hope you can get that straighten out quickly!
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options

It will feel heavy at first. A standard hydration pack holds around 50oz of water. That is just over 3 pounds of water by itself. Once you add the weight of the vest and anything else you might stick in it, you could easily hit 5-6 pounds. The nice thing is a well-made vest spreads the weight out so you notice it less, but you probably will notice it at first. Over time you get used to it and it sort of fades away.

That makes sense. It comes in Wednesday, so I’ll give it a try on my long run on the weekend.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    So I've not run for almost 2 weeks now, and I'm finally pain free today. I did my hop test today and I can hop pain free! I'm still not running till Thursday because I'd rather have an extra 2 days off and be fine, then run too early and irritate it again.

@MobyCarp would be so proud!

Awww this bought a tear to my eye. He was so so good at self discipline.

Sadly, it's sore again today. May or May not have something to do with the run I attempted this morning 🤦🏼‍♀️I thought it's fine, it's just one more day. It's not majorly sore, but enough that I didn't do the full run. I ran 1k, walked 1k, ran another then walked the final 2. Which was my plan. PT again tomorrow. And probably another week of no running. Sigh.

Sorry to hear. Frustrating for sure. Hope it heals with the extra week
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Sorry your leg is still giving you problems. Hope more rest will do the trick.

Thanks @PastorVincent . I'm trying to not let it stress me out.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options

That makes sense. It comes in Wednesday, so I’ll give it a try on my long run on the weekend.

One great thing is it starts out feeling heavy, but gets lighter as you go till the end where you barely notice it!
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options

One great thing is it starts out feeling heavy, but gets lighter as you go till the end where you barely notice it!

Hoping for the best!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Just getting caught up with mileage.

exercise.png
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    @Avidkeo Sorry your leg is still giving you problems. Hope more rest will do the trick.

Thanks @PastorVincent . I'm trying to not let it stress me out.

You do have a lot going on. Lots of hugs