99 of 100 miles

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July
    ISS Virtual 5K in July
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – Sept
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – postponed from April
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach 50% there!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    @brittanystebbins95 Try not to let the nurse get to you. It sounds to me like you are listening to your body and that is why you called. It will probably be good to continue walking from here on out. These last few weeks will seem like they last forever, but they won't.

@quilteryoyo You are such a good person always taking care of others. Sending you some hugs and hope you are able to get your run in soon.

@katharmonic You are amazing! That hike sounds wonderful. I'm not sure if I could have made the last 2 miles. I have a fear of heights (mostly of falling really) and I don't think I could do slippery, sheer rock. And then to come home and still get a run in to keep your streak! You are a beast!

@Avidkeo Sorry you are still having pain. You probably know the answer to your question. I'll just say WWMCD? (What would MobyCarp do?)

@PastorVincent That's a cool picture of the baby robin. I see a lot of adult robins, but I never see the young ones. I did see a broken robin egg the other day though.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Do I buy an additional handheld? Or some other such water carrying mechanism? Tomorrow is 22 miles and since I haven't run with the water pack in so long, I do NOT want to do it for 22 miles as a reintroduction. I know where the water fountains are but sometimes they don't all work. I have the 1 handheld. I wonder if there is one with a strap that I can just strap to my back instead of the whole water pack. 22 miles is a long time to be uncomfortable.... I don't know.

They make belts with bottles on them. Would that work?
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 I use a flipbelt and it has a bottle that fits in it. So I wear it with my phone and a small bottle of water around my waist/hips. It works well for me, but I have never run further than a HM.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Do I buy an additional handheld? Or some other such water carrying mechanism? Tomorrow is 22 miles and since I haven't run with the water pack in so long, I do NOT want to do it for 22 miles as a reintroduction. I know where the water fountains are but sometimes they don't all work. I have the 1 handheld. I wonder if there is one with a strap that I can just strap to my back instead of the whole water pack. 22 miles is a long time to be uncomfortable.... I don't know.

They make belts with bottles on them. Would that work?

And @kgirlhart

I have a flipbelt! I should go ask if they have the "Matching" Bottle.

@PastorVincent here's my only issue with that. Bottles bouncing on my hips and butt. I can imagine it and I don't like what it makes me feel. Which I know............ is probably very silly.

Maybe I'm just making a big deal of it but 22 miles is a long time to be thirsty. Maybe a second handheld is the way. I don't know!
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    If the flipbelt fits well the bottle doesn't really bounce because it is inside the belt not attached to the belt. I did have to get a new flipbelt recently since I had lost about 15 pounds since I got the first one and the belt was was starting to slide some but that was because the belt wasn't fitting right. I also find it helps to have by phone in the front and the bottle in the back to evenly distribute the weight.
  • Camaramandy648
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    If the flipbelt fits well the bottle doesn't really bounce because it is inside the belt not attached to the belt. I did have to get a new flipbelt recently since I had lost about 15 pounds since I got the first one and the belt was was starting to slide some but that was because the belt wasn't fitting right. I also find it helps to have by phone in the front and the bottle in the back to evenly distribute the weight.

Excellent to know, thank you! I'm going to call them!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent here's my only issue with that. Bottles bouncing on my hips and butt. I can imagine it and I don't like what it makes me feel. Which I know............ is probably very silly.

Maybe I'm just making a big deal of it but 22 miles is a long time to be thirsty. Maybe a second handheld is the way. I don't know!

Not silly! I do not like it either and I have run a 50k with 4 water bottles attached at my waist. Hence why I switched to my Wunjo vest instead.

And 22 miles is WAY too far to go without water. Even in winter, I bring plenty of fo water for that far.
  • Camaramandy648
    Options
    @Teresa502 that's my FAVORITE KIND OF MAIL!

@PastorVincent my handheld is currently 18 oz and I found that they have a slightly smaller one - 14 oz - that might fit in my belt!
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    30 minutes today. 28 minutes left.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    My mail carrier delivered me two treats today.
    REI had a sale on Brooks Ghost 12 and free shipping.
    ih2lzjo55ufn.jpg
    And my shirt, wrist band, and bib came for the Samaritan's Purse virtual run
    npuyya9xw51x.jpg

Those shoes look great!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent my handheld is currently 18 oz and I found that they have a slightly smaller one - 14 oz - that might fit in my belt!

She shoots.... she scores! :)
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Thank you @noblsheep, @kgirlhart, @PastorVincent, @teresa502, and @quilteryoyo.

@teresa502 I have the exact same shoes!

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    06/01/20 :::: 3.5 :::: 3.5
    06/02/20 :::: 3.3 :::: 6.8
    06/03/20 :::: 2.4 :::: 9.3
    06/04/20 :::: 3.4 :::: 12.7
    06/05/20 :::: 3.2 :::: 15.9
    06/06/20 :::: 6.8 :::: 22.7
    06/07/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 27.7
    06/08/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 30.8
    06/09/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 33.9
    06/10/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 38.9
    06/11/20 :::: 6.0 :::: 45.0
    06/12/20 :::: 3.0 :::: 48.0
    06/13/20 :::: 10.0 :::: 58.0
    06/14/20 :::: 3.6 :::: 61.6
    06/15/20 :::: 3.5 :::: 65.1
    06/16/20 :::: 4.4 :::: 69.5
    06/17/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 74.5
    06/18/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 79.5
    06/19/20 :::: 2.3 :::: 81.8
    06/20/20 :::: 6.3 :::: 88.1
    06/21/20 :::: 3.7 :::: 91.8
    06/22/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 94.9
    06/23/20 :::: 1.4 :::: 96.3
    06/24/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 99.4
    06/25/20 :::: 3.4 :::: 102.8

Definitely not feeling recovered from the big hike yet. I slept in this morning and it took me a long time to get moving. I finally went to work for a while - where I intended to do one thing and discovered a whole host of other things that needed to be done. Sitting at my desk all day was not good for my sore legs. I finally left about 5 and headed out to do my run. My legs just felt terrible and I had to stop and stretch a few minutes in because they were so stiff and weird. They did loosen up a bit and I finished the loop I intended but I stopped to rest and stretch a couple of times in the shade. My pace was not really that bad though, surprisingly. I should really foam roll or something tonight.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    With the Marine Corps Marathon cut-off time down to 12 min. miles, it's possible, but would be tight and anything wrong could cause a DNF. I really want the special medal this year (it contains volcanic ash from Iwo Jima) and I want to run it in person. So I took the option to run virtual this year (get the medal still) and defer to 2021.

Sounds like a wise move.