6/17: 5.12 miles
    6/18: 6.02 miles
    6/21: 10.06 miles
    6/22: 6.02 miles
    6/24: 6.32 miles
    6/25: 6.31 miles

106.92/100 miles completed for June

670.14/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I ran another 6.3 miles today. The temperature was 67Β°F again, but the dew point was only 65Β° and it was only 94% humidity, so it was better than yesterday. :D I did enjoy the run. I ran the Zombies Run Dino dash 10K (which is one of their New Adventures). I don't like the new adventures as much as the regular story, but since I am all caught up and Season 9 isn't out yet it is nice to have something new to do. I ran the same route as yesterday. It was a pretty morning and I really love getting out there first thing and running. It really helps me to be in a better mood the rest of the day.

@Teresa502 I'm so sorry about the MCM. How disappointing.

@mbaker566 I'm really not looking forward to Independence Day. My dogs hate fireworks and there are usually lots more loose dogs running around too. Hope you are able to get some sleep.

@brittanystebbins95 So sorry you have all this added stress especially here at the end of your pregnancy. We'll be praying for you. Things will work out, sometimes they just don't work out the way we were expecting. As far as the pains, they do sound like typical end of pregnancy pains and probably more of a nuisance than anything to be worried about. I'm really impressed that you have continued to run through your pregnancy. I wasn't much of an exerciser when I was pregnant.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    03/06 2.55 miles
    04/06 2.02 miles
    08/06 2.34 miles
    11/06 2.05 miles
    12/06 2.06 miles
    16/06 2.58 miles
    18/06 2.30 miles
    25/06 2.38 miles

exercise.png

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    me. i'm supposed to get hit by the dust
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @brittanystebbins95 So sorry you have all this added stress especially here at the end of your pregnancy. We'll be praying for you. Things will work out, sometimes they just don't work out the way we were expecting. As far as the pains, they do sound like typical end of pregnancy pains and probably more of a nuisance than anything to be worried about. I'm really impressed that you have continued to run through your pregnancy. I wasn't much of an exerciser when I was pregnant.

Other than the fact that I personally have never been, and never will be, pregnant, I agree completely with this.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    @brittanystebbins95 You are doing great. Hope the pain subsides and walking turns out to be a good alternative exercise for you until the baby arrives. Hugs and prayers for your financial/housing issues.

@PastorVincent Cute little robin. Was it just learning to fly?

@rheddmobile I am in the path of the plume too. I'm hoping it will keep things a little cooler than normal for a couple of days. Hope your knee is okay. Sounds like a nice trail run/hike otherwise.

@Tramboman Glad the back is some better.

Life got in the way of my plans today, so no exercise. I probably won't get to tomorrow either, as we are going to get the last of my cousin's belongings out of his apartment and I am going to tour an assisted living he may be able to afford. Need to get some paperwork done and in before the end of the month too. I may be repeating week before last next week too. It's been a struggle to get my runs in these last 2 weeks.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 great job on your 10k. That's "interesting" that the Marine Corps Marathon is taking that approach to reducing numbers. Those paces you mention are for training runs thoughh, not races, right? This is your first marathon? I would look at your most recent HM or longest race pace(s). I run long runs at 11-12 minute paces while training, but my HM races and even my marathon pace (also MCM) were under that (not by a ton for the marathon, but right under 11). I would be nervous about the 12 minute mile cutoff too especially if it was my first marathon, I wouldn't want to have a cutoff time pressure. But if you really want to do this marathon this year, before you dismiss it I would think about your race pace. Even if some of your miles are 12 minutes, if others are under that you would still be okay. Nothing wrong with deferring if you want to though - but it sucks they make you pay for it. Personally, I wanted to run MCM for the spectacle of a huge, exciting race so I would definitely not do it virtually. I just could not make myself run a marathon on my own.

@Shortgirlrunning hope you are feeling better!

@T1DCarnivoreRunner glad you are ok. I slapped the hood of a car with my hand once when they were stopped at a stop sign and I was in the crosswalk, but they didn't look my direction and started to go. I was lucky they were able to stop. People aren't looking for pedestrians so you have to be so careful and not trust they will see you.

@tramboman hope your back is feeling better. Sounds positive if it loosened up and maybe realigned on your run.

@rheddmobile I hadn't heard about the dust plume. Hope things won't be too bad with the air quality for people. Sounds like some amazing sunsets and sunrises are possible, on the bright side of things. Sounds like a tough trail run but seeing bluebirds and eating blackberries along the way is cool!

@brittanystebbins95 thinking of you - hope your pain is managed and stress reduces

@quilteryoyo hang in there. Running will be there for you when you can.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    0626-10k, total-61.6k goal-70k

It was remarkably not hot this morning so went for a longer run. Did legwork yesterday so the glutes were complaining at the beginning and after I stopped, but they were surprisingly quiet during the run. Post-run is another story.. can hardly get out of chairs. I think I know what I'll feel like when I'm 80.

@katharmonic That looks like a killer hike! You're a beast for doing that and then going for a run. I would've just given up and gone to bed.

@brittanystebbins95 That sounds tough. Hang in there. Sending some positive vibes your way.

@rheddmobile Congrats on getting it done! Hope the knee gets better soon.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @katharmonic wow! impressive! And love the pics!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: Β»
    Sorry guys, skipping all the posts.

Did 6k today and irritated the leg. Sigh. It's just the slightest niggle, and feels fine now at the end of the day. It turns out the course was more undulating than I expected.

So the question is I would usually run tomorrow, I'm guessing the smart thing would be to rest iit though, right?

Damn it.

When it comes to injuries when in doubt, rest it is your safest rule of thumb.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent Cute little robin. Was it just learning to fly?

No, he was born this season but is old enough to be flying around on his own. Robins are flying in 10-15 days after birth, this one might be as much as a month old. I am not really sure. But they are considered adults by day 45.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic That hike sounds brutal, but it was beautiful. I'm amazed that you went for a run after you got home. You are a beast for sure.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Goal: 130 miles
    06/01/20 - 7.16
    06/02/20 - 4.02
    06/03/20 - 7.02
    06/04/20 - 3.71
    06/06/20 – 15.35
    06/08/20 – 5.28
    06/09/20 – 5.13
    06/11/20 – 5.51
    06/13/20 – 13.23
    06/15/20 – 5.17
    06/16/20 – 3.21
    06/18/20 – 8.02
    6/20/20 – 12.19 (run) + 5.03 (hike)
    6/22/20 – 5.02
    6/24/20 – 7.84
    6/26/20 – 2.03
    Total – 114.91 miles

Did a short 2-mile run this morning since tomorrow is my long run day. Beautiful morning though but I was tired from cross training workouts yesterday. I did add a 1 mile walk to the end to enjoy the weather and the sights of rural America.

@rheddmobile – the dust cloud is supposed to be in my area this evening and the weekend. The TV news is advising those with respiratory problems to stay inside because some dust particles will be falling to the ground. For the most part though I think we just expect haze and beautiful sunsets.

@katharmonic – What an awesome day of hiking you had. I’m with @noblsheep – there is no way I would have gone for a run at the end of that day – you are a true beast! Sounds like a great hike. Thanks for the insightful thoughts on running the MCM. My pace for the half marathon that I did a couple of weeks ago was 11:27 and it was very hilly. The 15-mile training run that I did was 12:21 but I was with a group and when one person stops for whatever reason, we all stop with them, plus we had to stop at intersections and wait on traffic to pass. I haven’t totally given up on it. Tommorow I will be running with 3 of the 5 of us who signed up together and we’re going to discuss our probabilities to make it to the cut-off point which I understand is the Gauntlet at mile 17. This will be my seventh marathon and the only reason I signed up was for the Marine hoo-rays!

@quilteryoyo – sorry you have so much going on now and it’s interfering with your physical fitness goals. Hang in there. Better days are ahead! Same for you @brittanystebbins95!

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    6-1 7k moderate
    6-2 7k moderate
    6-3 7k easy
    6-4 7k moderately easy
    6-5 7k easily moderate
    6-6 7k slow
    6-7 7k moderate
    6-8 rest
    6-9 7k moderately easy
    6-10 7k easy
    6-11 7k easy
    6-12 7k moderate
    6-13 7k thresholdy
    6-14 7k moderate
    6-15 rest
    6-16 7k easy
    6-17 7k easy
    6-18 7k easy
    6-19 7k easy
    6-20 7k moderate
    6-21 forced rest
    6-22 rest
    6-23 rest
    6-24 4k slow
    6-25 5k slow
    6-26 7k slow

June Total: 142k
    June Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k

2020 Total through May: 900k

Sunny, low 70s F with a little breeze again today. Back was still tight, but pain was less. I would not be surprised that all this started from the day I chose to run in shoes that had been retired because they were worn out.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @brittanystebbins95 I remember the exact day and what I was doing when I started feeling that pain with my second child. I was washing dishes. Barefoot. In a dress. In a not-so-great-house. It was a different time (ELEVEN AND A HALF YEARS AGO). My son was born I think four or five weeks later. It definitely could be because of running, but it could also be that baby dropping further and your body prepping itself for what it knows is coming. Try not to stress! Be proud that you ran at all! I remember my then-husband encouraging me to walk and I was so defensive - "have you lost your damn mind?! I'm a whale!"

@Avidkeo I am so sorry about your leg! Oddly - as much PT as I have been doing and strength training and resting this week - my left IT band hurts this morning. My race clock starts tomorrow. I'm so worried. And i can relate to your frustration.

@PastorVincent I love the bird! Have been seeing blue birds on my runs the past several weeks. They are fast and won't stop for a photo, but they remind me of that Shirley Temple movie that my mom loved. Always brings me a sense of peace and less-alone-ness. In the movie, the little girl (shirley temple) is selfish and spoiled and ungrateful. She goes looking for the bluebird - the thing that will FINALLY make her feel full - only to find she had it all along.

Speaking of my mother. Strangest dreams last night. Sometimes they just stick. My friend says my mom visits me in dreams. My other friend says the dreams are a gift from God. I don't know what is true. In the dream, I was getting ready for this race and I was stressing out, feeling like I was forgetting something, lost something - running around the house looking for it, she was talking to me, the race was about to start, and I couldn't start because I had to take care of her. But she wanted me to START THE RACE but I wanted to make sure she was okay first. Even as I write this, my heart breaks. She is okay now. I can start the race. It is okay to live. She is fine.

I don't usually dream about my dad, though he is also dead. I think of him often, but never dream of him.

@Tramboman how's the back?

I have skipped a lot of posts because there were 111 of them.

Where I'm at with race prep:

The race starts tomorrow. My left IT band hurts today and I need to stretch and roll and massage it out.

I got some energy chews on amazon made by Skratch. They look like sour patch kids so I had to buy them.

Eight more packets of tailwind.

24 GU gels.

10 Spring Energy gels.

Good on shorts, socks, bras, Body Glide. Plenty of deoderant.

Do I buy an additional handheld? Or some other such water carrying mechanism? Tomorrow is 22 miles and since I haven't run with the water pack in so long, I do NOT want to do it for 22 miles as a reintroduction. I know where the water fountains are but sometimes they don't all work. I have the 1 handheld. I wonder if there is one with a strap that I can just strap to my back instead of the whole water pack. 22 miles is a long time to be uncomfortable.... I don't know.

Nerves are starting to get to me. I wish I could just sleep until tomorrow - then - I'd stand a chance of not driving myself insane.