WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    well, kirby has a projected retirement date, aug. 1st. i've been selling and going to goodwill now that it's back in business. our yard is pretty well kept up but kirby wanted it "detailed" a bit. some guy from angie's list came by last nite and gave us a bid, $375. in the tour of the yard, we FOUND A BEE HIVE in our back garden that we didn't even know about!!! kirby said oh, i can take that out, i said OH NO YOU WON'T. gonna find somebody now to properly remove them properly
  • pipcd34
    Options
    wh0ev0oxvvqj.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    wh0ev0oxvvqj.jpeg

Looks like a good sized one!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    machka9 uhhhh yea
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Got a video of coot teaching the chicks to get their own food but can’t add that

Kate
  • Machka9
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Drove to park this morning with DH had a lovely walk lots of birds feeding their young and squirrels

Kate UK ❤️

Beautiful!

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Phew! Went for my run with DH but underestimated the heat! I found it really tough going for the last quarter. But I made it! Had back ache, leg ache, etc etc, but ploughed on regardless. Now I'm collapsed on the sofa and DH has made me a cup of tea. <3

Going to get on with my lamb, spinach, lentil and pea curry in the IP when I've recovered.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Good morning Peeps! <3

I really wish I could take the "way-back" machine and pick up a couple of these guys made in the 50's.... I know similar ones are made these days but I doubt they'd last as long as these used to. My folks had a couple that lasted for a decade when I was a kid.
    nngamfy70hfy.jpg

Lanette
    SW WA State

I remember these chairs and they did last forever. But I also recall when they sat in the sun for too long they burnt my arms and behind! LOL........
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather How hot was it? Good for you to persevere! Show grit. We have a cool overcast day, temperatures in the mid to upper 60's today.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :)Lisa, Thanks for getting the group back up and functioning. We all need to rant, but some of us can't handle listening. That should make it better for all of us.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Letti UK: Welcome!!! Post often and get to know us. We have friends here from around the world. :star:

Barbara: Sidewalks are wet here, too. I notice the Osprey is fishing but don’t see any humans fishing at this time of day. Our human friends fish when the river is open and that decision is made on a daily basis by fish and game officials, depending on how many salmon get around the dams to go up river and spawn. :smile:

SuziQ: Censured, indeed. Again. I got in trouble for being proud of a peaceful gathering in a public park in the town where I live. I am not ashamed of my original post and have not repeated it. No bad words, no public censure except of me on this thread. I won’t be putting anything in spoilers. :noway: :broken_heart:

:cry:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    edited June 2020
    Options
    2b94l11u3p9h.png

I've been, more or less, grouping my life into something like this above. :)

I find it's a good way for me to keep track of how things are going and what I need to do.

Machka in Oz

January 1, 2020. And now, I'm thinking about goals for 2020.

It is difficult to make goals because I'm not sure what's going to happen one day to the next. I plan, God laughs ... or something like that. The last couple years have been a lesson in patience and flexibility and giving up a lot of what I would like to do in the interests of what needs to be done.

However, I do have some goals I'd like to accomplish, if possible ...

How to Set SMART Goals for 2020
    SMART is an acronym that stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely.
    https://www.daveramsey.com/blog/smart-goal-setting

Interestingly, he talks about 7 significant areas ...

Financial Goals: Start saving for retirement, get out of debt, or use a monthly zero-based budget.
    Spiritual Goals: Pick up a new devotional, start a daily journal, or plug in to a group at your church.
    Fitness Goals: Hit the gym more often, take the stairs, and remember to eat your veggies.
    Educational Goals: Go back to finish your degree, get your MBA, or read a good book every month.
    Family Goals: Plan one-on-one dates with your kids, have a standing date night with your spouse, or make it a point to call your mom and dad on Sunday nights.
    Career Goals: Work toward a promotion or raise, learn something new about your line of work, or polish up and send out resumés if you’re looking for a new career path.
    Social Goals: Say yes when someone invites you out to lunch or a social gathering—or, for some of us, say no more often.

I've modified this slightly ...

Organisation/Financial Goals -- Getting our taxes done and other paperwork in order.

Spiritual Goals -- I'd like to start attending church a bit more regularly. I'll also include relaxation and recreation in here. Down time. I get very little of that at the moment and need more. For me that might be sleep and photography. :)

Fitness Goals -- Exercise, Eating, Sleeping -- Working up to running 5 km at least a couple times a month. Working up to cycling 50 km at least once a month.

Educational Goals -- Uni! I would like to finish my Master's degree in 2020.

Family/Medical Goals -- Husband -- Never-ending stream of medical appointments + projects with 2 or 3 different organisations. And me! A goal is to get me into healthy shape again!

Career Goals -- One of the main things my area is planning to work on is streamlining the processes a bit. Meanwhile I need to learn a lot more SQL and as much about what 2 different people I work/worked with did. I'm also on the board of two organisations now. Both interest me a lot, but I'm also hoping that taking on leadership roles might help advance my career a little.

Social Goals -- Cycling Club. I've made a detailed list of what I need to do, which helps.
    -- My Personal Website -- I have started working on this. I'd post it here, but not sure if I can: machka . net This has a social aspect in that we go to Wordpress meetings now and then.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Karen - I don't actually know, but the forecast was 19°, 68F, which I thought was reasonable. It turned out to be a lot warmer and bright sunshine. Nice for a stroll, but not for a run and I'm not good in the heat. Even DH was surprised and he loves the heat. The life guards are back on the beach and there was a comfortable number on the beach and in the sea. I'm so glad I went though. As I was complaining on the way back, DH kept saying "Do you want to stop for a bit?" and I'm going "No, no!" :laugh: Some days it's a breeze and others it's hard work.
    Running has made such a difference to my life that I'm determined to keep it up as long as possible. Knee allowing.

DH is now doing quizzes for Max and Edie on Bones. :D They so love them and it gives us a structure for our Zooms. I think their other grandpa reads a story. Did you say, Karen, you play games?

KJ - Well deserved boost to your funds and overdue recognition of your worth. <3
    Working with children is a special skill and a natural talent that is worth so much more than society gives it value. I would liken it to acting, or tv presenting, in that you can learn to be competent, but you can't learn to be brilliant. The difference between the two is a gulf. When I watch my DH in action tears almost come to my eyes. I'm sure your parents really appreciate all you do for the kids and consider themselves very lucky. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ So sorry for your problem with Walmart. I have found it very difficult to get into my Amazon and eBay account lately. Amazon will only let me in if I use their two step verification system and eBay wants me to verify by completing a puzzle. Evidently, a lot of hacking etc. is going on right now.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa,
    I am so sorry your account was hacked. I hope it never happens again. We had a similar problem a couple of years ago. We contacted our bank and they investigated. In the end our funds were restored.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    IP- mine has a soup button all the same other ones also. Not sure what category the darn thing falls under but if it’s a rice cooker it has surely failed the rice tastes terrible from it. Heather yes Men who cook regularly vs not regularly definitely choose appliances differently. Hubby not a cooking type (he tried to convince me he was during dating but he only cooked 1 meal over y over like all bachelors had pizza y taco shops on speed dial!).

For a great big laugh 😂 a service announcement out for why you should monitor kids internet use explain how all that you see isn’t factual or okay lol 😆.Watch the cute boys reaction he should be a permanent kid actor. https://youtu.be/f29mh5ntlw4

Amber Tx

Eating leftovers up then soup tomorrow I got ready. Exercising. Hanging on to my weight zone maintaining it .
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Carol y Lisa- Sorry to heat that glad the credit card 💳 stepped in. The reason they ask the information with the 1st person is to type up a incident report send it to fraud y you so they can then verify the same person is still on the phone while their already half way through looking up information getting the ball rolling. Procedures are a pain in the buttcus! Carol time to change your passwords Unconnect if need be any credit cards 💳 or PayPal temporarily. Change your Amazon,Yahoo or email 📧,y eBay passwords to unhook any cards temporarily.Sounds like your catching it in time so act fast

Amber Tx