30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Options

Replies

• kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Didn't come inside my apartment til 7 pm again. Came in and made dinner and then cooked up some stuff for lunches the rest of the week. Chicken, steamed mixed veggies, and some fresh corn right off the cob. I had planned to do a kind of mini spa day this evening by shaving my legs and doing a clay avocado mask thing and maybe a bath, but at 915 pm I'm beat. The dishes are done, lunches are made. I stayed under calorie goals, drank my whole 32 oz bottle again, but I only registered 3300 steps today. I have had 3 really long days at work and need that mental break so that's all I'm doing today. Tomorrow I'll hit up the treadmill again and do my spa night. Thinking about adding in crunches and planks for fun (and core strength).

@clutterqueen nice work on checking those goals again (barely still counts!)

@mammagemz hopefully the storms pass and prove to be no big deal.

Goodnight all!
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Whew, everyone is keeping busy! Thinking of all my hurricane path friends and loved ones, stay safe! Seeing those traffic jams evacuating out of the I-10 and 59 in Houston definitely sets my PTSD off.
    We were in the area from Rita, Catrina all the way to Harvey. Never fun to be guessing how bad it will be, how long power will be out, etc.
    TOM finally done, still working out and pushed through the cramps. I am a “cozy up and wallow” type, so I tried to change it up. It helped. Didn’t come easy, but it definitely helped!!!
    My kids start school next week and they haven’t even told us if they’d be F2F or virtual. I am soooo afraid it’ll be F2F while numbers are going up here. And homeschooling is not an option in The Netherlands, only very few parents get an exception to do it. And if I keep them home from school we get fines and criminal charges (really ridiculous)! Stressed out !!!
    Anywho, gotta clean the house today.... looking forward to dinner out with the family tho!!! 😊
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Day 78 (Thursday)

Hurricane Laura made a swift turn northward and missed us completely. I am personally relieved to not have to deal with Hurricane issues, but really worried for all those in the Lake Charles area. In contracts to the high winds and flooding we were prepared for - it has been bright, shiny, and HOT all day long. Geez, I can't wait for October when the temperature starts to cool down here. I'm really a Fall/Winter person, but September is still part of the Texas Summer :'(

I'm still at my desk most of the day with schooling and video editing, but I did manage to get up and get those steps in. Tomorrow starts our prep for the big Birthday Weekend!

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅

50274611461_90282288e8_n.jpg
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Kcd394 I am so impressed you are able to stay under your calorie goals with all that you’ve got going on! So impressive!

@NadiaMayl I can’t imagine the stress of your kids starting school next week and not even knowing if it’s going to be virtual or not. I had no idea they make it so difficult to home school there.

Look at you @MommaGemz, another pound and a half gone! Congrats!! AND you’re over halfway to your GOAL!!!! Fantastic!!!!!
    So glad the hurricane missed you!

I visited my sister today and we sat 15 feet away in her yard and ate lunch together. That was a big treat. I’ve been visiting my daughters the past week or so and have been making their favorite foods and treats. And have indulged in too many! I haven’t gone over on calories but have gotten close. Today I really reigned that in. Hoping to continue.

Exercise: ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Under: ✅
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 79 (Friday)

This week has been so darn busy that it's hard to tell which day it is. I was on the go all day long and thought to myself toward the end of the day, "Can I sit down yet?!?" Home school, business work, errands, cake baking, dinner making, more business work, get kids to bed..... You know you're tired when you want to get out of the shower, but you don't think you have the energy to dry off or get dressed.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Daily Goals:

Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅

50279244371_a665e5b5cc_n.jpg
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    @MommaGemz Wow, what a super busy day! I could feel your exhaustion coming through! I’m super impressed you could still check all the boxes after all that!

Exercise:✅

• thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Sleep has been horrendous this week, but I'm now getting assessed for sleeping problems, with a view to retraining my brain to sleep properly by the end of it. So, positive steps. Honestly, I have a team of about 5 different people analysing my sleep diaries and trying to come up with a plan - it's covered by insurance, so I thought I'd give it a go, but I didn't expect so many people to be involved...

Weight loss has been slow and steady (which is what I wanted), and my one maintenance day on Wednesday didn't derail anything. The world did not end. I feel quite vindicated by that - it feels a little like 'having a day off' when really, a maintenance day is just 'a normal day'. (It's not quite maintenance anyway - to allow for my watch not being accurate, it's a little under so I definitely don't gain, but I'm calling it maintenance.)

It's also nice keeping extra days in reserve - if I have a bad day, I know I can just turn it into a maintenance day without the world ending, and that actually makes more likely to have good days, because I know I have the option. Ahh, psychology. Great stuff.

Weather has been pretty horrid here, but I do have a pair of waterproof hiking boots somewhere, so if I can find any socks thick enough to wear with them, I might pop outdoors this weekend. As long as you have the right footwear, a bit of rain is lovely. (Disclaimer: when I say rain, I mean British rain, not the devastation some of you seem to get over in the States!)

It's bank holiday on Monday here in the UK, so we get a three-day weekend this weekend, which is always a nice bonus. I'm definitely going to get out at some point and go for a wander. Gradually increasing my activity levels - Rome wasn't built in a day... :)

@MommaGemz I'm so impressed by how you keep going even when you're knackered. I suppose being a mom will give you that kind of super power!

@clutterqueen Well done on achieving balance - feeling like you've had a treat, whilst still keeping on goal. :)

@NadiaMayl Any update yesterday? Schools here go back soon as well, and Government guidance was still changing on Friday. We're very stressed about it too - if you don't deregister here, it's just fines. I've offered to cover the fines for my sister's two depending on how things happen - I'm really angry about how there has been no consideration in the UK as to the impact of children going back to school on the vulnerable people they live with. Children might be at lower risk, but children generally don't live in a pack on their own...

@kcd394 Did you get your rearranged mini spa day? Thinking about it, I might do that on my bonus day off - I have some face masks somewhere, and that might be a nice non-food related treat.

Someone (elsewhere) mentioned the concept of having 'rewards' for hitting certain milestones, which I like the sound of. Does anyone have any suggestions for rewards that don't involve food? Thinking about nice things that aren't food sounds like a good idea.

Because my goal day won't be until next summer now, I might even be able to consider a holiday as an ultimate reward - because the world could be a bit more normal by then.

Homestyle pamper/spa days also sound good - when did anyone take the time to have a long soak, use a conditioning mask on their hair, moisturise their arms and legs properly and put a face mask on? Possibly never...

Buying something non-size related, like a necklace or fancy hair product could also work. Or, if you like them, buying a bunch of flowers - they don't have to be expensive.

Anyone else want to chip in? :)
  • kcd394
    Options
    Sorry I've been a little MIA. This week has been super busy (as have the last many months). I didn't get back on the treadmill at all this week, but Thursday night I did make some room for chocolate in my calories, and I did do the lemon scrub face mask thing (I try to use that one 1-3 times a week) but I didn't have a bath, or shave, or use the avocado oatmeal clay mask I have. I did do 10 crunches and 20 seconds of planking Thursday. Friday I got too busy trying to do last minute fish tank stuff, and packing to head to my boyfriend's place.

Despite caving to some treats this week, I was able to do so in moderation again. With the steps I did have, I did at least stay within the calorie goals. Been making excuses and straying away from the thread to avoid confronting my lazy behavior. Today I slept in, then took a nice long shower during which I took time to deep condition my hair, and shave. So I got all but the bath and the clay mask, just spread out a little bit. I went out today to pick up large sticks from the yard so mat could mow, but he was unable to get the lawnmower to run. 30 minutes of walking around picking up sticks.

We plan to make grilled kebabs tonight and each of us has one friend coming over. I have a fire bowl here we can have in the front yard and share some food, and fire. My friend is working on her PhD degree and I haven't seen her in over a year since we all graduated veterinary school. We've got mushrooms, shrimp, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, and peppers to make kebabs, and we plan to roast some potatoes too. I think we also have some pork chops.

I'm kind of terrified to see what the scale says tomorrow but I know yesterday it did go back to 189.5. So hopefully, despite some treats lately, I wont have the water retention I saw Wednesday... I'm also thinking I had better start paying more attention to my sleep schedule again cause I need more than I have been getting (based on how I felt two weeks ago when I was religious about a 1030 bedtime). I was motivated energized and able to do more when I was more deliberate about getting my sleep. This last week I felt run down and unable to do any extra at home after work most days.

Glad to hear the storms missed you for the most part @mammagemz.

I can't even imagine the stress of deciding what to do if my kids were expected to go back to school... I don't think its a good idea, but i realize there's no one-size fits all solution to it either. How stressful...

I suppose I should really get some waterproof hikers and at least take an extra pair of socks and/or some sandals to wear when the hiking is done so my feet can dry out. Didn't realize it would be so wet last weekend. The "wet" trail I was on was trimmed grass, but even the weeds etc that grew up on the foresty trails were tall enough and dewy enough to soak your trainers. Oh well. We survived lol

Next weekend we are going to a family cabin for our 3 day labor day weekend. I am so glad to get a 3 day weekend... I so need a break. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    @thelastnightingale I like your idea of no food treats as a reward. One thing I used to do occasionally was a pedicure but I’m not sure how practical that is during Covid!
    @kcd394 I’d hardly call your behavior lazy! You’ve just been super busy. Going to a family cabin for a long weekend sounds very nice! Good for you! Enjoy the time and recharge your battery there!

My sister, daughter and I drove over to the beach for a few hours today. We managed to find a spot that was at least 30 feet from anyone else. I felt comfortable!

My day:
    Under: ✅ ( barely today, quite a bit yesterday)
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 80 (Saturday)

Another super busy day today. This was the final really busy day for the week and I should be able to rest, relax and enjoy my son's birthday tomorrow. I promise I'll go back and catch up on posts. This morning I did sleep in (Yay for my awesome husband!) but I had to film all the remaining video for my online course, then decorate my son's cake (and he wanted something really complicated), then errands. I tried to get all my steps in today but I failed. Just one of those days when I am literally on my feet all day, but I don't really step much. After the kids went to sleep we packed presents and decorated.

This is the second "covid birthday" in the household this year. We'll Facetime the family so they can all say hi. I am pooped. But tomorrow I have NO work scheduled, no errands planned, and we're going to have pizza and cake. It's a day for relaxation and fun 😀

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - Nope
    Water - ✅

50282343077_dfe1d9baac_n.jpg
  • kcd394
    Options
    Third times the charm... I keep hitting the back or done buttons... dangit.

@mammagemz hope you have a great birthday celebration! I like cake decorating but can't say I'm very good at it... lol

@clutterqueen look at those checked goals! Also yay for beach time!

So yesterday was great. We had three guests over, fire bowl in the driveway, spread out chairs nice for distancing, yummy kebabs on the charcoal grill and marshmallows after. I had a lite lunch knowing I'd been quite sedentary all day, and planned on not paying too much mind to dinner calories... I did log all my food this morning from dinner to find (thankfully) marshmallows aren't as calorie dense as I had feared. So I managed to be under 1400 calories yesterday.

This week was kind of a roller coaster. I had that free lunch Tuesday and it caused some serious water retention. That and being so mentally exhausted kinda caused me to slack off a little on healthy choices. So I had some treats this week, but to my credit I only allowed them in moderation. With my steps calories added in I still stayed in my calorie goals evey day. So it's a huge win to know I was able to moderate myself and have the treats, but still be able to achieve my goals. I passed up dairy queen sooo many times... I did finally cave to chicken nuggets at McDonalds late Friday, but only got 6 of them, and nothing else from the golden arches. Moment of truth was today at weigh in... another week, another pound gone. That makes 3 weeks of steady pound a week ish loss!

Last week: 189.2
    This week: 188.2
    Mini goal: 188 by September 14th (crushed it!)
    New mini goal: 184 by October 4th
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    @MommaGemz Hope the birthday celebration was fun!

@kcd394 That sounds like it was a fun get together! That’s wonderful that you were able to have some treats and stay under your calorie goal consistently! Huge victory in my book!

• MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 81 (Sunday)

Yeah.... I overdid it today. But I'll get back on track tomorrow!

Daily Goals:
    Calories - Nope
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    @clutterqueen Ahhhhh, the beach sounds super nice right now B) How was it?

@kcd394 Hurray for a safe gathering! I hope it was fun :smiley: When I worked in an office, free lunch did me in every time. I just couldn't resist it. Excellent job managing it within your goals 👍 Hurray on another pound!!!

@thelastnightingale Wishing you better sleep and better weather! The prize idea for certain milestones sounds nice. I guess I wasn't considering anything until I reached my ultimate goal and bought new clothes. Some mid-range celebrations might be nice too. I used to reward myself with pedicures, but I won't be doing that yet.
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 82 (Monday)

BACK ON TRACK!

I was not prepared for this to be Monday at all. I really wanted another weekend day. I wasn't ready with the lessons plans, ready to wake up early, or to tackle the mountain of work. But I did manage it. I'm hoping to get to bed at a reasonable hour to get in a few extra minutes of sleep before tomorrow.

I was too scared to step on the scale this morning. We had a really fun day yesterday. Excited kids, new toys, balloons, pizza, cake, outdoor play - it was all fun. I can surely devour a thin crust veggie pizza, and I did. At least it wasn't the stuffed crust pepperoni I got for the kids! I still have lots of leftover cake (I mean, there's only 4 of us), so I'm going to slice it up and put the individual slices in the freezer. If anyone wants cake for dessert, they can pull one out to thaw.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    @MommaGemz The beach was wonderful! We were only there a few hours. I wasn’t sure if we’d be able to find a spot where we could adequately social distance, but we did( Thank you, Lord!)

You did it!! You had a celebration with your son and then got right back on track the following day!! Such a victory!

I had a tough day. I had to tell my mom ( who lives in assisted living) that her best friend of 60 years, was near the end. She passed this evening. She was 94, 10 years older than my Mom but they were great friends for so long.
    Normally, I would’ve been drowning my emotions in chocolate, but I was able to just indulge in 1/2 a piece of a vegan treat my sister gave me ( no, I’m not vegan but one of my daughters is). That was a victory for me. Of course, tomorrow and the following days will be a challenge when my mom is grieving for her friend and never got to say good bye.
    The friend had fully recovered from a broken femur and was just waiting to be discharged from Rehab when Covid came in and reared its ugly head. Darn virus!

My day:
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    August 2020 Recap!

-4.7 lbs!!
    -15.1 lb lost to date

Temporarily reached 51% of the way through my 30 lb goal!

Goals: Just be gentle with myself, but keep up with my 3 goals of Calories, Steps & Water

Measurements: -2.8" a great improvement over the loss of 1.25 in July

50294191707_0babc7c510_n.jpg

50294169652_d61ced4892_n.jpg
  • thelastnightingale
    Options
    Absolutely shattered - so tired I can’t remember if I‘ve already said anything, but I have some blood tests booked for this Friday. I won’t know until I turn up, but my GP suggested I would get quite a long list of screening tests, which sounds promising. I am hoping I have some kind of simple vitamin deficiency and the tests will confirm, but we’ll see.

@clutterqueen That sounds really tough - well done for not eating your feelings. Covid really is cruel.

@MommaGemz I’m always really impressed by how you manage to take breaks for life events and manage to get back into the swing of things afterwards!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, is there room for one more?