30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Options

Replies

• clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz Congrats on your weight loss!! Focus on how far you’ve come and how much healthier you are. I am super impressed with how insightful you are with your thinking and how you are acknowledging your thoughts and planning a strategy to stay on track. It’s a huge NSV that you are not losing yourself in a tub of ice cream right about now. That said, if you’re really tired of the deficit, maybe you should have a little more leeway and plan to eat more of your exercise calories back at least 2-3 times a week to see if that helps. Then you can plan a treat now and then. Or every day. When I was losing successfully, I made sure to allow myself a couple of pieces of Ghirardelli dark chocolate every day so I wouldn’t feel deprived. I don’t know about you, but when I feel deprived, I can’t keep doing it long term. Eventually I want to say, “The heck with it!” Just a thought. I know everybody’s different.

My day:
    Exercise: ✅ jogged 6 1/2 miles
    Tracked:✅
    Under: ✅
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Thank you @clutterqueen ! I have a Psych degree, so I am plagued by studying myself and my emotional reactions :D:D Luckily, I do fit in treats almost every day. This gal had gone through 2-gallons (no lie!) of Blue Bell ice cream in the last 9 weeks :D Carefully weighed and portioned, of course ☺️ I guess when I say that I'm tired of the deficit I mean just exhausted by being so careful, weighing and measuring every day.

Really, I'd like to just go get take-out without having to worry so much about the effect it'll have on my progress, or over the next few days. I have wanted Chinese food allll week, but I KNOW that the MSG, sodium and rice will make me retain water for days and days. I mean, I have spent a week debating whether or not to have restaurant food. When I would rather not stress about it so much... BUT.... when I think about it more - maybe it SHOULD be a carefully considered choice more often for everyone. Because we live in a culture that eats from restaurants multiple times a week and our country has considerable obesity issues. I know that I often got fast food or ate out because I just didn't want to cook, and I think that casual attitude towards it keeps me in a constant state of over-weight.

See, this is the kind of overthinking that is making me tired of the process. However, I can report that I feel better today. I am going to forgo Chinese food because I don't think it's worth it. Indian food may be in the running because it doesn't seem to have such a severe affect on my body and I can eat naan instead of rice 👍
  • MommaGemz
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Day 65

Clearly I am overthinking everything and stressing myself out. So I took a break day. It's important to be kind to ourselves. No steps, no bike, and we had Indian food for lunch. Tomorrow starts the next "Just Give Me 10 Days," so I'll be back on track for that!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

50225458716_6bc3f99533_n.jpg
  • kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    @mammagemz you have made amazing progress, and you are aware of the mental struggle, and you've created this thread to help combat it. Falling off the wagon a little is human, but I'm so glad you're here sharing and hopefully we can all motivate you to keep going. You know you aren't struggling alone.

@clutterqueen thanks for the stretching advice. This treadmill has an adjustable leg at the back of the belt to set the incline. So very limited, and you have to get off and stop to change it. 3, 5, and 10% i think are my options...

The belt came but I need a hex wrench between 4mm and 5mm, and they're in my trunk... lol I'll have to grab my tools to take inside when i get back monday night and tear into it. Wednesday we did our anniversary dinner and picked up the treadmill etc. Thursday I got off later and had a coworker (who used to be a hair stylist) fix my botched haircut from great clips. Got home at 8 so I scarfed a pb and j sandwich before bed. Friday I'd normally head from work to boyfriends house but I didn't do fish tank maintenance all week and it really needed done so I backtracked home to do that and then packed up and headed to his place. Consequently I've not hit my 6k steps goal for a solid week now.

Mat wants to dig in the yard and distribute some dirt different places though, so that'll be a workout to make up for it.

I have been meeting my calorie goals though (with eating back the exercise ones somewhat) so that's a plus. Weight has been fluctuating some but I did hit 191.2 the other day. My scale is at home again this weekend. I might make Tuesdays my weigh in days cause I know I'll be home most Tuesday mornings to use my scale...

I think my next mini goal is dropping below 190, I had a sept 14th goal of 188 too. I just know I'll be excited to ditch 190s and hoping that comes in the next two weeks...
    Really gotta start cooking ahead for the week though. Not prepping lunches makes for poor decisions and i throw out food that goes bad before i cook it.
    Have a good weekend guys.
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    @kcd394 Thank you so much - I actually feel much, much better today. It's an important realization that sometimes we just need to give ourselves a break.

I'm so impressed that you're rebuilding the treadmill - I hope you enjoy walking on it! Looks like you had a great week - hit your calorie goals and step goals. 190 is just around the corner! It is hard when you don't have a consistent scale to weigh on. Maybe to should pack it or buy an identical one for Mat's place? :D
  • kcd394
    Options
    @mammagemz Actually I think mats scale and mine are pretty close... today on his I am 190.6 :-) off to go play in the dirt a while. Watching the wedding on zoom so no challenge to the calories goal there.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    IT FINALLY RAINED TODAY.

I went for a 5 mile wander in the rain. I have a serious number of blisters on both feet from where the wet trainers rubbed against my skin, but ohhh, it was worth it, just to feel rain again.

Happiness.
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 66

I'm still in the game! :D Yesterday was such a benefit that I'll think I'll call then "Reset Days" from now on. Sometimes just giving myself a break, satisfying a craving, sleeping in, and giving my body a rest is just what it takes to get the ball rolling again. I felt really good today, ate all my planned meals and got in a really good cardio session. I was super productive with some of my projects today as well.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Bike & Steps - ✅
    Crunches - Nope, I just forgot and now I don't feel like doing them.

50230970166_2b5285c77d_n.jpg
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    @MommaGemz Glad to hear you had a good day! I’ve been told that it actually helps you lose weight to have one day every couple of weeks where your calories are higher( I’m not talking an all out binge though). If you are really craving something, I say find a way to fit it in. It’s not like it’s every day you’re craving something. You are in this for the long haul, a way of life. It’s not feasible to give up something you love for the rest of your life.

@thelastnightingale So happy you finally got some rain! Did it cool things off?

@kcd394 Let us know how that treadmill works! Mine is still in storage because we haven’t found a house yet and don’t have room in our apt. I’ll be excited to have it back one day. In the meantime, I’m getting fresh air starting my jog outside before the sun comes up or riding my spin bike.

My day:
    Exercise: ✅
    Tracking:✅
    Under:✅
  • kcd394
    Options
    @thelastnightingale glad you finally enjoyed the rain.

I too got blisters on my hands today from shoveling dirt. Sadly it had rained a few times the last couple weeks and our wood pile is too soggy to burn... we wanted to have a fire outside this evening, but settled on watching game of thrones instead.

I did finally hit 6k steps again today. Was good on my calorie goal as well.

@mammagemz glad to hear you're back at it. Reset days are needed at times. I myself had some dark chocolate today and a small glass of wine. Plus I slept in and took a nap. Lol

• MommaGemz
    Options
    @thelastnightingale Hurray for rain! Did it cool the temperature down any? Please send some rain this way too :D

@clutterqueen Look at all those lovely green check marks again - you're doing so great!

@kcd394 I think Game of Thrones is a good substitute for outside fire :smiley::smiley:

• NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    Day 64 *feels like Day 15,748*

To be perfectly honest and transparent, I am starting to feel the drag of this whole effort. Tired of the deficit, tired of the restrictions, tired of the scale, tired of my own expectations….. But this is an important realization.
    Ain’t that the truth! We get through the days in which we get those annoyed feelings, our health is worth it!
    I’ve had plenty of moments like those... and it got me 10lbs in less than 6 months.

I had a great 10 days. Slowly getting back to a workout routine being vigilant of not injuring my back more. I had a Chinese massage and cupping done on Friday, so my back looks like an octopus’ tentacle with round hickies! Very classy... lol it’s the second treatment I get done and it feels like it’s loosening up some mean tightness in there. So I’ll keep trying.

@thelastnightingale yay for a lower BMI! Well done!
    @kcd394 ugh, I had PF years ago, it’s a pain to treat if you don’t nip it in the bud as soon as possible. Lllloooootttssss of stretching (3-4x day), “hanging” heel from a step, or putting toes up a wall to incline sole, freeze a bottle of water and rolle it down your heel and sole for 10 min at a time, if it doesn’t get better in a few weeks, consider seeing a podiatrist. Mine was caused by a tight Achilles and high arches, I needed insoles to help my arch. Good luck.
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    I typed a nice message to everyone but accidentally deleted it. I’m too tired to retype it tonight! I’ll try again tomorrow!
    Tracked: ✅
  • kcd394
    Options
    Just got back from a long 3.5 mile walk with matt. Up to almost 10k steps today despite feeling like i got run over by a semi this morning. We were up til 130 am watching the show, and because of the intense shoveling and dehydration from yesterday i felt quite sore today... lol
    I've been drinking a lot more water today and trying to ditch a migraine. When i finally felt a bit better this evening we decided to go for a walk. Now to find some dinner and get a shower...

@NadiaMayl the PF seems to only rear its head if i walk around the house barefoot especially on hard floors. I have inserts in my shoes but if i stand in my kitchen too long barefoot it hurts. No trouble on the walk today at all. I did have it bug me at work maybe 3 weeks ago though so i hadnt been trying anything since to allow it to heal before i jumped into exercising. Chinese cupping... hopefully it helps. I've seen it done but never experienced it.

@clutterqueen i did that like 3 times last week. Wrote a whole long reply to everyone and then hit done at the top instead of post reply and all the writing you do vanishes. Lol

Today on matts scale i was 190.2.... awfully close to busting out the 190s... that 188 goal might get hit by sept 1 a little early. 😊
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 67

I'm hanging in there and trying to be gentler on myself. Less competitive with my own self about my expectations and goals. It was Sunday, so I had a busy day of chores and projects to work on. I managed to get in all my steps, get all my tasks done, eat well, and even have a little bit of time to relax. :smiley:

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅

50231788998_ac36acf57c_n.jpg
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    @NadiaMayl so glad the Chinese massage and cupping is helping to loosen up your back!! I’ve never done either but I’ve had acupuncture from a Chinese MD and it worked wonders! Just expensive!

@Kcd394 I’m so impressed you mustered up the motivation to go for a walk after all that work and then being so sore! Amazing! No wonder the scale is going down with determination like that!

@MommaGemz. So happy to hear you are being gentler with yourself! Better to learn to work in treats and cravings sometimes and making this your new way of life than one day throwing in the towel and giving in to old ways. You’ve got this! You inspire me every day how you manage to get everything done for your family while looking after yourself as well! That’s hard to do as a Mom!

Tracked: ✅

• kcd394
    Options
    Weighed in sunday on the same scale i used last week. I just finished my fixer upper treadmill project tonight so now i have a treadmill of my own at last.

Two weeks ago: 193.8
    Last week: 191.6
    Sunday: 190.2
    Mini goal: 188 (by sept 15)
    GW:155 (been changing this some)

A pound a week just doesn't seem like a lot, but i know over time it'll add up. As I lose some and feel more like doing activities I will hopefully loose it a little faster and put on some muscle...

That treadmill project took me from 7 pm til 1030 pm... can't put the side running boards back on at the moment as i have nothing to reattach them with. Just plastic pieces on the sides of the belt that were originally put on with staples... that was super annoying and painful, but after hours of sweat, a little blood, and some blisters from hand tools, the new belt is on and centered and running smoothly. Now I've been up entirely too late and need to get to bed. Excited to find out if tomorrow is the day i drop below 190... 😊
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 68

I have a massive work project that I need to do this week around home schooling, so I'll be at my desk most of the days. I'll be trying the best I can to get my steps in, but I know I won't have time to get on the bike. That's okay, just focus on tracking and logging I should be able to get through this week.

For a Monday, this day was jam packed, but I feel super productive. The schools in Texas started back in session today, but it's Week 11 for our little home school group. It still feels out of my element, but we're getting acclimated and used to our school routine. Then I do my other work when they are on breaks and after school.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅

50236883522_d3c7bc711f_n.jpg[/url]
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    @kcd394 A pound a week is wonderful - Congratulations on your progress! And wow - super impressed by your skills and determination with the treadmill. When will you take it for its maiden voyage??

@clutterqueen Thank you so much! I honestly have felt so much better and much less stressed now that I've decided to just take a gentler approach to this. And guess what? Still losing weight and making progress! Today has been a challenge, but purely because of logistics - am I going to get me frustrated? No way, just do the best I can :smiley::smiley:

@NadiaMayl So glad you found a treatment that's helping!
  • kcd394
    Options
    Oh man... someone brought tootsie rolls to work and they've been sitting free for all on the table. I had 2 today, plus I don't even like oreos much, but when a coworker respectfully asked if I wanted one, I did take one. Still within my calorie goal for the day. Super tired today from being up late last night. I realized after I finished the treadmill that I had to put sheets on the bed still. I was up til midnight.

I think today I will get on the treadmill to catch up on my steps. I'm not even to 3k today yet cause I did surgery today (I spayed two dogs) and don't wear my fitbit while I'm scrubbed up and I also don't go anywhere for 3 or so hours... lol We had a bit more lax afternoon for once so I sat more often as well.

I did not drop below 190 this morning. In fact I was up to 191.4 I think. Hopefully by sunday though... 🤞