30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Options

Replies

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Day 87 (Saturday)

Today was a total bust. It started off on such a nice heading and then just detoured into chaos. I can fully admit I threw in the towel by afternoon and ate more than I planned for dinner.

I slept in and it felt glorious! Then I decided to intentionally not "step" today because I wanted the whole house to just have a rest day. But then minor emergencies happened and just made the rest of the day so stressful. I cooked what I had planned for dinner, but added more pasta to it than a single portion size. And I didn't weigh it.

Sigh......

Oh well. It will just be important to get right back on track tomorrow. Calories, steps, water and all!
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz Yes, being able to get back on track the day after being off track is a very important skill. You’ve been able to do it so far. You’ll do it again tomorrow!

Exercise: ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Under: ✅ ( had to really watch it after the lunch I indulged in!)
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Check in for today, Sunday.
    I visited my daughter in college (250miles one way) , so I drove 5h yesterday and 5h back today. Ate bad yesterday and good today, didn’t walk much, but had a great time with her and caught a good night sleep last night.
    I realized we already synchronized on exhaustion, sleep deprivation, TOM, and on not quite straight eating/exercise days. What’s left? Only perfectly balanced days!

Eating ✅
    Walking ❌
    Reading ✅
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    @Gabiv125 That’s quite a lot of driving in 36 hours! You are a good Mom!

Exercise:✅
    Under: ✅
  • thelastnightingale
    Options
    @GabiV125 Absolutely, I’m hopeful we’re all going to report back soon with perfectly balanced days and stories of weight effortlessly falling off!

I also managed to catch some proper sleep for the first time in a long time. I’ve completely disobeyed the sleep doctor’s advice though, so I’m expecting a telling off when she reviews my sleep diary!
  • kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Back from a lovely weekend at the cabin. I'm quite sure I overate a little, but I didn't log anything. I think the two days of not minding my phone or logging, but instead just trying to enjoy things with more moderation than I used to hopefully was enough to show maintained or at least some weight lost over the last week. Tomorrow will tell. I also laughed that we seem to be synched via internet with TOM, tiredness etc... lol I agree the next step is a synchronized comeback with some self pampering and goal crunching with a side of proper sleep.

Gonna cook up my walleye that I caught this weekend (15-16 inch fish!), do my laundry, and get a nice shower... There's no running water at the cabin so I need one... lol

@GabiV125 that's about how much driving we did to the cabin Friday night and then back again today... at least she's that close. My mom is still back in Idaho and I moved out to Minnesota... they don't have veterinary schools in Idaho so I had to move somewhere... lol
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 88 (Sunday)

My first "double" post because I was trying to rest up. Sunday really made up for the chaos of Saturday. The only issue was that the kids woke up at 6:30am. Dang. They grumble and complain when I wake them up during the week at 7am, but when they weekend roles around... they pop out of bed so early! What's with that?

Being super tired, I knew I was going to have some challenges. I successfully avoided napping, snacking and extra caffeine. It was a win. Even though I managed to truly get some rest in, I made sure to get all of my steps in and I ate really well.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅

Day 89 (Monday)

Happy Labor Day! I celebrated Labor Day by.... laboring! :D I had a full day of work and a husband at home to watch the kids, so I took full advantage of it and got lots of stuff done. The downside is that I didn't make my step goal. That's okay though. Eating was spot on and I feel really accomplished today. Back to home schooling tomorrow.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - Nope
    Water - ✅

50316136482_8d6d7597a2_n.jpg
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    @kcd394 a little cabin getaway sounds so nice! And fresh caught fish as well! Yum!

@MommaGemz I really like how you focus on the positive of what you manage to accomplish each day and not the one thing you might not have completed! That’s so healthy but so hard to do! I sometimes find myself beating myself up for me the one thing I don’t manage to get right instead of the things I do. Then it’s easy to spiral down into the “What the heck does it matter? I can’t even do ______ right, I may as well give up!” So thanks for verbalizing the positive and letting me see a good example of this! Please continue doing that. One day I might even get it through my thick head! Sometimes I am my own worst enemy! We would never be as hard on others as we are on ourselves! Why!?!

Under: ✅ ( barely!)
  • kcd394
    Options
    So I definitely overdid calories tonight. Tried to mitigate that by walking a mile on the treadmill, but I'm still over. Oh well, I'll be back at it this week and hopefully the scale is nice to me tomorrow morning. Good news is I sent my mom pics and she said I was looking skinnier in them, so something is working even if I haven't noticed it myself so much. Another thing I've noticed mentally that changed for me is I started thinking "what'll it be like WHEN I wear single digit sized clothes again?" Not "I wonder IF I'll ever wear single digit sized pants again..." I can see it actually happening and wondering how long it'll be before I hit a size 8 versus it feeling so far off a goal that I'm not sure it's even gonna be feasible. Off to shower and then off to bed early. Its gonna be rough to go back to the grind tomorrow... I'm out of creamer and don't like black coffee. Lol
  • GabiV125
    Options
    Today I’m closing the door on the last 4 days of overeating AND snacking and start back once again. I’m getting better at not beating myself up for it, shockingly. Still not better at avoiding the situation, but that’s going toward bad talk, so no.

Different subject: I’m absolutely obsessed with wearing my Fitbit, so for situations when my attire would just not allow it, I took the bracelet out ( have a charge 2) and put the small device in my bra. It counts every step.
    Eating right: ❌
    Steps: ✅
    Reading: ✅
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    @GabiV125 and anyone else who has a Fitbit:
    What do you love about your Fitbit and what would you change if you could? Also, which version do you have? I’ve been wearing a Polar all these years but I only track heart rate and calories when exercising. Actually, I don’t even do that too often because I know within about 15 calories what each of my workouts burn as I’ve measured them so many times. I know, I know, that means I should probably switch things up to get a little muscle confusion going but I’m pretty attached to my workouts. And my mind can wander because I already know what I’m doing. But maybe I should get a Fitbit one of these days.... so any sharing would be appreciated!
  • GabiV125
    Options
    Clutterqueen- I love that the Fitbit makes me feel active, when I know I’m not by any standards. I never been the athletic type and have a desk job, but love walking, so going after the 10k steps , or double, or earlier in the day, felt like challenges to me.
    I had the One for years, than updated to Charge 2, and last week a friend of mine cleaned up her closet and wanted to throw away the Versa 2 she won at the Christmas party. I saved it and have been debating if I want to activate it now or later.
    The Ones were failing every 6 mo, and I’ve got plenty of replacements. The Charge worked so much better, but still had to replace it in a little over a year, so probably is smarter to just wait this one out.
    Another thing I like it's how easy is to get a replacement when one stops working- as long as the broken one was purchased from a recognized distributor.
    I friended my sister on Fitbit and for a long while she was doing weekly step challenges with her group of nurses, so I really needed to try harder to keep up with them. Then she broke all tendons on one ankle ☹️. She’s recovered now but she’ll need to take it easy on that foot probably for the rest of her life .
    Lastly, I was always a very light sleeper, but in the past years it got worse and couldn’t figure out what changed. Slept with it for a while and now I know that regardless how long overall my sleep is, if the Deep Sleep is less than 2h, the next day is a drag, I get cranky, I overeat, forget easier etc.
    But truly, I loved that in the craziest of times, it felt like I had something just for me, and I had the complete control over it.
    Sorry for my post being this long.
  • GabiV125
    Options
    Mommagemz- It amazes me that you are so good at recognizing the pitfalls, planning to avoid and following through. Thank you for sharing and hopefully it will rub off on the us.
    Kcd394- sounds like you had a great mini-vacation. I love your thinking positively into the future and be nice to yourself.
    Thelastnightingale- if the doctor’s sleep advices were that good, nobody would have sleep issues. It’s wonderful that you know what works for you and use it. Happy for you!
    Clutterqueen: your trend is impressive. I love to see you’re getting all your challenges done. Every day.
  • thelastnightingale
    Options
    Too tired to post coherently as a friend just dragged me on a socially distanced walk and I did about 11,000 steps.

I switched from a Charge 2 to a Garmin Forerunner 45S. The HR function on both is the best feature. Garmin is better for running. Fitbit challenges are fun and it’s much much more accurate at tracking sleep. Fitbit strap can be swapped for something pretty, Garmin is just a bulky sports watch.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Aaaahhhhh I can’t get out of this funk, y’all!! I am doing my daily yoga... food.... meh, can’t say I’m being too disciplined.
    As much as I’m blocking it, it’s probably got to do with the fact that tomorrow marks my dad’s one year since he passed away!
    I keep floating between 151 and 153!!!
    Ideas on how to get over this hump!?
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    @NadiaMayl Be kind and patient with yourself right now. Marking the 1 year anniversary of a parent’s passing is very tough! Get through tomorrow as best you can. Honor the memory of your father in some small way.
    Then the next day you can focus on your goals. Try logging your food before you eat it. Just for the first day to get back on track.

My day:
    Under: ✅ not by much!
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    @Gabiv125 and @thelastnightingale Thanks for the Fitbit/Garmin input. I’d really like whatever I get next to last and be accurate at least a couple of years! Is that too much to ask for?
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 90..... Day 90 Y'all !!!

Day 90 feels so uneventful, but such a major milestone. Today was total chaos in my brain. I feel so completely scattered and pulled in 100 directions. I got alot done today, but I think it was by accident. And my kids were fighting All. Day. Long. Non-stop. I also got a 5am wake-up call from my daughter because she had a nightmare.

I am so, so sorry I have been so quiet these last few days and not interacting much. I feel a bit underwater. My 3 daily goals have been acting as a life boat even though I don't manage them every day. Wishing you all well and I'm going to go back and catch up on posts right now!

Daily Goals:

Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅

50321176543_055904307c_n.jpg
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    @NadiaMayl Wishing you well on the anniversary your Dad passed. It's a hard time for sure. The advice I can offer to get over the hump is to limit yourself to 1-2 daily goals and hang on to them like a lifeboat until you're over the speedbump and on the way back down.

@clutterqueen I have been wearing a Fitbit for years. I still have the Charge 2. My Original Charge died after a couple of years. I really run these into the ground! I have considered getting one of the newer ones, but my needs are really simple. I just like to count steps, check my resting heart rate and track sleep, and this one still work for me. I've never used any other fitness tracker, so I can't compare. But the real reason I keep wearing this is because it's a constant reminder to keep moving. Just keep moving. And it really does get me up and away from my desk or off the couch on a regular basis.

@GabiV125 Just get back on that wagon and keep moving forward. Don't add to the stress by worrying about those few days. You can do it! I've always had trouble sleeping as well and it got worse after having kids. I love the sleep information the FitBit is able to give. Studying those stats has been very helpful and got me to rearrange my sleeping times. Now.... if only my kids would let me have some uninterrupted sleep :D

@kcd394 Congrats on the pics! When we, or someone else, starts noticing the change that is a huge win!! And your cabin vacation sounds so nice! Cabin in the mountains vacations are my absolute favorite - unfortunately, Texas has no mountains where we are. We've decided to take the kids to the beach for a few days to de-stress and let them have some fun. It will be in 2 weeks, during the week when school is in session, so we should have the beach to ourselves :p

@thelastnightingale Hurray for a great socially distanced walk! 11,000 steps is a great session!
  • kcd394
    Options
    @mammagemz minnesota doesn't really have mountains either, but being on the lake was nice. I'm from mountainous idaho so the lack of mountains is one of the things I miss from home.
    @clutterqueen I've had many fitbits... the regular wrist tracker, a charge hr, charge hr 2, and a blaze. currently have a versa lite. Like that you can change the bands, love the sleep tracking feature. It's pretty good at autotracking walks and stuff, and the heart rate info is somewhat helpful. Polar monitors i think are better if you're using during workouts. Mine shows texts etc but i find i dont use those features that much. Honestly a cheaper one with a hr monitor function would be fine.
    @GabiV125 I overdid it again with unexpected free lunch on a Tuesday, again... makes for 4 days of falling off the wagon. Also gonna get back to it tomorrow. We got this!

Today was brutal... we squeezed in a bunch of things and it was a busy day back... free lunch from a kind soul so I had some pizza, potato wedges, and a fried chicken drumstick. I was so busy today and left at like 645 (we clised at 5), and with the craziness of the end of the day I completely forgot I needed to stop for coffee creamer. Best to forgive myself the last week or so, get some sleep, and try again tomorrow. It's a temporary fall off the wagon, not a crumbling of my resolve... WE CAN DO THIS!