30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Day 98 (Tuesday)

I'm picking myself back up and moving forward. Today was a better day for the most part. Still some adjustments to be made, but it was better. I was careful with my food, but I didn't weigh or track any of it. I just needed that mental break. I did manage to get my steps in and work in some time to relax.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - Unknown
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    @MommaGemz So glad you had a better day today and even found some time to relax! That makes SUCH a difference!

I had a better day as well. Only ate one small planned treat.

Exercise: ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Under: ✅
  • kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 382 Member
    Migraine was back for round 5. Coworker asked if i was ok cause i was definitely not myself yesterday and really exhausted and pale today... "yeah, but this migraine is kicking my *kitten*" We had a really busy stressfull day and then also got word that the boss man is upset with us. I wish things would calm down cause we cant see everything that needs seen in a timely manner and everyone is getting frusted and upset. Even emergency vet clinics can't see everything right now and periodically shut the doors to new patients. Sigh.

We were bought lunch today from the chinese place so i did partake in that. Not sure how accurate the logging was but supposedly with a salad for dinner etc i did stay in my goals for calories. After a long tiring day i decided to skip steps goal for today.

After having been back on my birth control a solid day i am finally starting to feel like I'm getting back to normal energy and feeling more positive, and excedrine has been working again for the headache (5th day in a row). I did get out in time to go refill my migraine meds at the pharmacy finally. Hopefully some good sleep tonight will have me back to mostly functional tomorrow. I took time to do my clay avocado face mask today before bed as a treat. Anyway I'm tired, so goodnight everyone!
  • MommaGemz
    @kcd394 Much, much love to emergency vet clinics! We had a pet emergency this summer and the clinic was a blessing. Our pup couldn't be saved, but he no longer had to suffer and the staff was so very kind. I'm so, so sorry you're having to deal with the constant migraines. It must be so hard to work under stress and have a explosive pain :'(:'(

@clutterqueen Hurray for better days - it's what we can hope for :)
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    @MommaGemz - glad to hear things are getting better and you make good food decisions too. Very nice
    @clutterqueen - your goals are all perfectly met, again and you found time for resting- I’m all jealous here
    @kcd394 - sorry about migraines coming for5 days in a row, I can’t imagine how you can function. Hopefully you got some restoring sleep and less load at work.
    This weekend we are going to a lake with some friends and my husband plans to do some fishing . If I get a good walk, a good talk and some lazy time on the dock, I’m happy. I’m making no big plans for eating sensible, if I have options I’ll choose the best one, otherwise I’ll just come back at it next week.
    Have a good weekend everyone!
  • kcd394
    Well, no more headaches and I'm mostly out of the fog I was in. Unfortunately, we had two more emergencies show up first thing this morning so its still stressful at work. Plus our work meeting is at lunch tomorrow.
    I stuck to homecooked food today and made the artichoke i bought the other day. I think with the calories i walked off i did stay under goals for that. Did not quite hit 6k steps but was close. Have had salad 3 days in a row at dinner. That chinese stuff must've caused serious water retention. Was at 187.7 this morning, but I know better than to panic thanks to you guys. Honestly I've been too tired to keep up on all the things I've been trying to self improve and it has everything to do with not enough rest. I fed my fish and then laid on the floor and fell asleep watching the tanks for about 20 minutes today after work. I'm too tired to cook, clean, or even will myself to go get ready for bed. Its a bit ridiculous and I think its as simple as needing a good couple days of sleep.
    That being said its past my bedtime so I better get to bed. Goodnight all!
  • MommaGemz
    Day 99 (Thursday) - Day 98 was actually Wednesday, because the "big shattering" happened on Tuesday

Today was a positive day because I actually craved being back in my routine and weighing/tracking my foods. It felt good to be back to my new habits and eat my regular foods. I got my steps in and am trying not to pressure myself to be so "productive" during the day. It's time to lighten the load. I laid down for a brief rest after lunch, but was back up again to finish out the school day with the kids.

We finally, finally got our new washer here and I did laundry!! Washer synopsis: Washer busts mid-last week. Husband buys a new water pump via Amazon and tried to fix it - didn't work. That's a couple days down. Husband goes to buy a washer on Sunday (hoping it can just bring it home right then). The store doesn't actually stock ANY on site, and they said they can deliver it on Monday (kids have now run out of clothes and I do NOT want to go to a laundramat during a pandemic). Monday comes around and they call to say they can't actually deliver it that day, we have to wait one more day. Tuesday the store delivers.... the wrong one! **Total breakdown ensues** But we now finally have the correct washer, I did laundry, and everyone smells clean! :D

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
  • clutterqueen
    @MommaGemz Hooray for the new washer!! It’s funny how I typically take for granted having a washer and dryer on site that work...until they don’t! I work up a major sweat every day exercising and I just cannot leave sweaty laundry lying around, even in a laundry basket! Got to start that laundry every morning and keep up with it! If I don’t, everything is out of whack! On the plus side, I can wear basically the same workout outfit each day because it’s always been washed!

So GLAD you have the washer and things are calming down for you! When is this beach trip your family is taking?
  • clutterqueen
    My day:
    Under: ✅
  • MommaGemz
    Day 100!! 🎉🎉 Day 100!!

Dang! I'm into the triple-digits now! It's been a journey of many ups-and-downs but I'm still hanging in there.

It's Friday and we all had short-timer's disease. We wanted school to be done so we could prep for vacation. However, the kids don't know yet that there's another storm in the gulf and it's likely the rain the entire time we're at the beach. As an adult, I don't care. I'll sit and binge read books the whole time and be happy. But I'll bring rain ponchos and maybe we can still walk on the beach or make sand castles even if there probably won't be any swimming. I got the kids some extra fun books and art stuff in case there is more indoor time. I have my packing list ready and we can get everything ready to go on Sunday. If it rains then maybe the weekend after we can to a day trip on a sunny day for some ocean swimming.

Today I missed getting in my steps because it's the day I run errands so I don't have to on the weekend. Driving in my car and pushing a shopping cart do not get many steps :'(

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - Nope
    Water - ✅
  • After leaving the house last week... I think I have a cold. I'm kicking myself. All those months being careful and I've picked up something. I couldn't have been any more fastidious in my use of masks and hand sanitiser. :(

I'm not actually particularly ill, I only have a sore throat and that's not a hallmark of Covid on its own. However, it's more the realisation that if I caught a cold, I clearly put myself in a position where I could have caught Covid. That's quite sobering when I did everything right.

I've been sleeping a lot and being hungrier, which are both typical reactions to minor illnesses. The plus side is this little episode may have a lasting effect on countering my insomnia if I can force myself to keep the routine when I shake off this cold. As I haven't really been losing weight or gaining weight anyway over the last 3 weeks, I've just eaten at maintenance. Again, if my body wants the extra fuel, it's welcome to it - I'll drop back down again once my throat gets better. And as @clutterqueen pointed out, sometimes a little shake up of your routine can help with metabolism.

I'm going to have to reschedule my blood tests regardless as even a minor bug will skew the results of the one I'm getting retested for. I don't go out typically anyway (last week was an exception!) so I may as well self-isolate for luck, just in case I do develop any other symptoms.

@clutterqueen How are you feeling this weekend? I think when you're always the cheerleader, people get used to that and lean on you automatically - they don't realise you might need a bit of love yourself. Have you given any thought as to how you could tweak the balance?

@MommaGemz I'm sorry you reached breaking point - given how many things you've been juggling, I guess it was inevitable. I'm glad your family seem to realise you can't go back to doing everything and you're making plans to dial things down a notch. The one thing I would advise is to keep evaluating your day to make sure you haven't sneakily gone back to being Superwoman without realising. You can get so used to it that even if you reach the burnout stage, you still instinctively let all the things creep up again. Make sure you carve out some time for you.

You have a busy life and you have lots of responsibilities for many different people and tasks - but you're just as important. It's such a mom tendency to forget about that - different people in the family get to come first at different times, and sometimes that person being put first can be you. It's not always one of the kids or your husband - sometimes it's right for the family to regroup and look after you.

Enjoy the beach trip when it comes, it will be good to have some down time, even if it rains. :) For now, things like steps aren't your priority, it's mentally recharging. If that's accomplished by lazing around and reading a book, so what? You can do steps when you get back.

@kcd394 I love Chinese food, but does always lead to water retention. Give it time. :)

Those migraines sound nasty - hope you've managed to get some rest and the meds continue to work!

@GabiV125 Sounds like you have a glorious weekend ahead of you! I've been half-looking for another job for a while now, myself. Is there anything you could realistically change about your current role to make it less stressful?

For me, a large part of my stress comes from my boss, who has awful mood swings. Long story short, when she's in a good place, she's amazing to work with and learn from, but when she's in a bad place, she makes you hate everything about your life. I know there's a medical reason for it, and I know she has her own stresses, but controlling my own reaction is surprisingly hard. I'm trying to work on it, and to not take things personally - if I can nail that, I'll want to stay. Hence the only half-looking and not looking seriously!
  • kcd394
    Migraines finally quit. Yesterday's lunch meeting was actually fine. We got an apology from management and it was all good. Everyone is stressed at the moment and its just busy. We had a full saturday schedule plus had to beg another dr on their day off to come help do a c-section on a big dog. At least all my clients were grateful today that we were able to squeeze things in. That really helped fill my cup to remember that I'm helping people and sometimes they remember to tell me they're grateful.

Yesterday we were supposed to get free lunch but nobody made sure i had my order on the sheet before they called it in so i didn't get any. I had already stopped to get a sandwich for lunch that morning not knowing if we'd get lunch or just get yelled at... so at least I had food. Had salads 3 nights in a row and i think i was ok on calories yesterday.
    Today we just had thai food, so i dunno. I had no real lunch and didn't leave til way late. That thai was really good though, Massaman curry. I've been obsessing over food lately so maybe I also need a little mix up and some extra calories for a couple days. Glad to finally have the rest of the weekend off. I really have to try harder this next week to get to bed on time. I think the extra sleep will help but i still haven't done it.

@mammagemz i hope your vacation is still restful and a reset for the kids too despite the forecasted rain. Also, hooray for clean clothes!

@GabiV125 enjoy your lake weekend!

@clutterqueen you've been quite the cheerleader here for sure. Hopefully at least here you've gotten some reciprocation. You're doing great and we appreciate the camaraderie in this journey we're on.

@thelastnightingale I'm so sorry you seem to have gotten a cold! Hopefully it runs its course quick like other seasonal colds and you can get those tests rescheduled.

I feel like this week has lasted a whole year so I'm gonna be a vegetable the rest of today to relax...
  • clutterqueen
    @MommaGemz Happy 100! Very impressive! I’m sure you have some words of wisdom having come this far and journaling every step of the way! I hope the beach hasn’t been too rainy for you. But a rainy day at the beach is better than a day at home! ( by that I mean stuck in our routines)

@thelastnightingale So sorry you caught a cold!! I hope you are resting and can shake it soon! It’s amazing how having a cold can derail so many things, best laid plans and all that. Sorry you have to delay the blood work but better to get accurate results! Feel better!!

And I think you’re right about how sometimes others don’t realize you might need a little love yourself. No idea how to tweak the balance.

@kcd394 so glad to hear the migraines are gone! I can’t imagine trying to function with a migraine! And days on end to boot!
    I’m sorry you got skipped over for the lunch order. That would have me not feeling the love! Glad to hear clients actually appreciated your efforts today! I’m sure they do every day but get so focused on their hurt or sick animals to think beyond that. It doesn’t excuse the not being grateful though. Years ago when we had to go to the emergency vet and our cat didn’t make it, I was sobbing so hard that I seriously doubt I said thank you for their effort!

@GabiV125 A weekend relaxing at the lake sounds heavenly! I hope you are having a fabulous time and feel any stress just melt away! Enjoy!

My day:
    Under: ✅ ( not by much!)
  • MommaGemz
    Day 101 (Saturday)

Today we had to make the decision to reschedule our trip. The Tropical Storm/Hurricane Beta is exactly when and where we were going to stay. It was a disappointment to us all, but at least the homeowner let us reschedule the trip with no penalty. We'll go in two weeks. It won't be quite as warm in October, but we'll still have fun.

The problem comes when I've meal planned and shopped for "vacation meals." Meals I normally wouldn't have during a week I was actively trying to lose weight - like pasta and burgers and lots of popcorn. So that's what we ate today. I didn't bother to measure it (although I did map it in my mind and it was more maintenance range), and I didn't do any steps today. It was a full on rest day, because - why not? I'll be back on it tomorrow and try to be on top of my goals until the new vacation time rolls around.

Daily Goals:

Calories - Nope
    Steps - Nope
    Water - ✅
  • MommaGemz
    @thelastnightingale Oh my gosh I am so sorry you've caught a cold! Wishing you a swift recovery! I imagine it's extra scary right now, because any cold symptoms could also be Covid symptoms and we have that added stress to think about. My Mom was having Covid symptoms early last week (contributor to the Great Breakdown) and she went to the hospital. Tuned out she had Strep and tested negative for Covid. But we're all stumped as to how she caught Strep - she is WAY isolated and only goes to the grocery store. Get some rest, hun - we're all wishing you well 💖

@kcd394 Hurray that the migraines have eased! I'm sorry work is so stressful. I feel that this time in the pandemic is when people are starting to crack and "overflow" and it's becoming much easier to let out frustrations onto others. I'm sorry your boss is causing all that stress. It's good to have a job right now, but hard when it's making a job you enjoy so unpleasant. Mmmmm... I love Thai food too! That might be our next take-out day meal.

@clutterqueen Look at all those green checkmarks! Time for me to start working on mine again :D

• kcd394
    Weighed in this morning at 184.6 despite feeling the water retention from the thai food last night... I only ate half and saved the other half for lunch today. My weight this week has been a yoyo... I was up to 187.3 after that chinese food. Trust the process and don't sweat the fluctuations.

Last week 186
    Today 184.5
    Mini goal 184 by october was one of them...

I think I'll be slaying that goal despite my cabin trip, chinese food, and not making myself lunches as planned. Was able to still make adjustments despite life stress and it turned out fine. Given my all time high was 205 (207.5 if you ask my dr. Office) I've lost 20 pounds! Starting to notice it in the mirror and that helps me to keep going.

@mammagemz glad they let you reschedule! Might turn out better that way.

Anyway, celebrating my milestone and wondering what i should choose my next goal to be...
  • @MommaGemz Ohhh, the trip! Oh, no! Well, I hope you still manage to find a way of catching some down time. You still deserve a rest of some kind, even if it's not the vacation you were hoping for.

I had my own Great Breakdown earlier this year when I first found out my dad was seriously ill. Friends helped put me back together at the time - I remember sobbing in a shopping centre in the middle of nowhere and walking in circles like a crazy lady as a friend spoke soothingly to me down on the phone to stave off what would have become a full blown panic attack. We're only human, and sometimes life throws more at us than we can handle alone - but by leaning on other people, we can get through the worst of times.

It won't be long until your Great Breakdown is also a distant memory, as long as you do let others take more off your plate. With families, sometimes you need to spell out exactly what you need, and there will be grumbling - but they'll do it, because they love you. Make sure you ask for specific help if you can feel yourself starting to get overwhelmed again.

@kcd394 It's so great that you can see the weight loss! I was thinking about this earlier - part of why I managed to put on so much weight was because I didn't really 'see' myself. Now I try to stand in front of the mirror from time to time to see how I really look, and to observe the changes in my body. I can see how much better I look now, and I'm keeping an eye on the 'problem areas' and how they are gradually improving. It feels good to actually see progress.

Way to go on that 20lb weight loss! :)

@clutterqueen If your support network doesn't realise you need support, you might need to spell it out. I know if a dear friend got in touch and said she needed something from me, and I hadn't been there for her in a while, I would take the request seriously and drop everything to help her. I might not have realised up until that point that the friendship had been a bit one-sided lately, but the request would make me acutely aware of that, without me feeling criticised.

Maybe it's something simple like saying you've been having a tough time lately and could do with a friendly ear to listen - it makes clear you want to talk, and you want the conversation to be about your struggles for once. Decide what sort of cheerleading you need, and try out asking for it with one person. Then rinse, lather, repeat.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 102 (Sunday)

Somehow I have just not been able to manage to sleep in at all this weekend. I mean, my husband has been ready to get up with the kids, but there I am, wide awake at 7am so I just get up. I didn't feel tired yesterday, so maybe I just got enough sleep?

Today is the day to get back on track. We should have been leaving on a trip today, and that's a bummer, but we had our pity day yesterday and I need to just be able to get my 3 goals in for the day.

Daily Goals: Yes, yes, yes :smiley:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
  • @MommaGemz Look at those green ticks! Check you out!

Just finished doing some meal prep - nothing complicated, but the point is, everything in those boxes has been weighed, portioned and calorie counted. I always dread Mondays, but I feel a little less doom and gloom-y knowing I can just grab something when I'm hungry and eat it without having to think.

I don't often meal prep, but at times like this, I realise it's something I should do on a regular basis. It gives me a head start for the coming days, and it ups my calorie burn too.

I feel like my weight is going to start coming down again this week. Hard to explain, but sometimes you just feel it when your body is going to be stubborn and when it's going to play ball. Currently 172.3lb - I really want to break the plateau and get to under 170lb soon. 173lb to 174lb has become a new settling point, and I just want to get into the 16-somethings and leave it behind.

Here's to a great week for all of us.
  • clutterqueen
    @MommaGemz Good job getting back on track after having to postpone the much needed beach trip.

@thelastnightingale I’m so impressed with you doing all that meal prep! 160’s here you come!!

My day:
    Under: NOPE. I made carrot cake cupcakes. Ate 2 without frosting and went a little over. Totally worth it!