Those with large amount of weight to lose....

Options

Replies

• harleylady2012
    Options
    I can't bend over to tie my shoes and breathe at the same time
  • 1802go
    1802go Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Being able to get on the floor and then get back up without help!
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hmmm . . .
    - doing life without the flapping belly sound: running, intimacy etc.
    - Buying a pair of dress boots
    - Getting an LBD instead of a massive 3X BD
    - Not having my son playing with my flabby arms and asking if there is lots of food in there
    - Cute business clothes and shoes
    - Work promotions
    - Able to do my own pedicure because I can reach my toes

There are many many more, but I have already managed to improve some like:

- Driving my car and not feeling my belly against the steering wheel
    - Running is actually a possibility . . . even with the belly smack sound
    - Intimacy is WAY improved
    - No longer totally lethargic

Overall I am looking forward to:

- Increased self-confidence and not feeling like the world is staring at a big girl.
    - Not being diagnosed as diabetic (being called pre-diabetic was enough for me, TYVM)
    - Not dying early because my heart is surrounded by fat or my arteries are clogged
    - Being one of those old broads who I currently look up to because they are incredibly active
  • Shancm905
    Shancm905 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not feeling like I'm stuffed into my clothes.
    Not having to figure out what to wear out somewhere based on what hides the rolls the best.
    Bikinis and cute summer dresses and just feeling like I look good in my clothes.
    Getting touchy feely with my SO without feeling like I need to direct him away from the "problem" areas.
    Feeling confident again.
  • jema_b98
    jema_b98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I want to go on an airplane and not feel like I'm imposing on someone else's seat. And avoid the dirty looks that go with it.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    What can't you do today due to excess weight that you look forward to doing once you lose weight...

I can't do anything without thinking of how my weight affects it. I look forward to just not thinking about it.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Riding rides
    Having my clothes not feel comfortable
    being able to tie my shoes
    being able to do my pedicure
    walking without my feet hurting
    no more chaffing thighs *ouch*
  • ashleythomps1
    Options
    I am looking most forward to feeling like me again, i have always been told that I was pretty if only I could loose that last 20lbs, I now have a lot more to loose. My parents meant well by pointing out I needed to loose weight but I really wish they had encouraged me to get active instead of focusing on the negative.
  • maisiemoo2
    maisiemoo2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Having a celebration/occasion and not thinking how much weight can I lose before it !
  • Elvira2014
    Elvira2014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Running even a short distance without getting winded. Wear clothes i actually like to wear, not have to wear.
  • LaserMum
    LaserMum Posts: 133
    Options
    I will enjoy not having to look for the largest size on the clothes rack and wondering if it will just about fit me!

I also want to go dinghy sailing again.
  • feitian
    feitian Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    -Looking sexy in a bikini
    -Getting back into dating, finding a life partner.
    -Having fun w/more clothes selection and looking good in it (even though clothes still fit for me at most stores at a size 12/14).
    -People being nicer to me (whether people want to admit it or not, I was treated better when I was super athletic and thinner).
    -Wearing heels more comfortably, more choices when buying boots!
    -Fitting back into my premium 7 for Mankind Jeans
  • kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow. A kidney transplant that's the best reason to lose weight that I've read on here.

I complain about having to buy in large size shops, have chaffing thighs etc. but that's nothing compared to the "inconvenience" of dialysis.

I really hope that you get your transplant and have a very happy and healthy future.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    bikini
    cosplay
    Tough Mudder
    going on all the amusement park rides
    wearing my heels again
    little black dress
    my jeans wont say just my size
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Being able to wear nice clothes,
    feeling fitter,
    having more energy :smile:
  • jefffugler
    jefffugler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The simple things.

My wife shouted into the bedroom the other day, 'what's all that puffing and panting, have you got another woman in there?'. I was just trying to get my socks on !!!
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    - Keep up with my mom during a marathon and be able to share clothes again (we used to share when she was bigger but since she lost her weight I got her fat clothes :p)
    - Be able to go up and down the stairs at work without feeling like I'm dieing
    - Not be asked if I'm pregnant
    - Be able to join the military (Need to get to about 160 lbs! I know I'm still far away but I'm excited!)
    - Be able to be on top
    - Be able to see myself skinny for the first time
    - Be hit on along with my friends
    - Not be the fat friend
    - Go to a club and dance the night away
    - Wear dresses, skirts, thigh highs, and boots. There's so many cute and girly clothes that I want to wear but I can't and friends and family assume I just don't like them and I dress more tomboyish
    - Wear cute shoes!!! I'm hoping this weight loss will make my 10.5-11 wide feet smaller!
  • Slinn1985
    Slinn1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Tucking my t-shirt into my jeans and wearing a belt. It's the little things :happy:

This all day long, when I had my belly this was the one fashion I couldn't and wouldn't do.
  • LyninVT
    LyninVT Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know right...it's like the manufacturers of clothes for big people think that once we become a certain size we've suddenly gone blind or something...that we don't notice that the patterns and materials they make 'our' clothes with look like the leftover from couches and drapes. What the .......:laugh:
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    wear nice clothes that actually look good on
    horse ride
    ride my motor bike and not feel like a fat chick on a bike.
    feel sexy once again
    chase my kids
    tank tops and jeans
This discussion has been closed.