Those with large amount of weight to lose....

Options

Replies

• 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    To buy the clothes I want to wear.

Get some 12+ mile hill walks and wild camps done

not be abused in the street/cinema/shops/uni/etc for being overweight

Love myself again

Love someone else again

Generally go out and do all manner of things, from the mundane to the more exciting.

Live a little

Dazzer do people really abuse you in the street? Even when I got to over 26 stone (at 5ft 3) that never happened to me. Mancunians must be bloody judgemental! Still, with half the population obese they should get used to it more in time.

But honestly I am surprised that anyone would dare abuse you --- you look like a bloke who can take care of himself!
  • jmarie1967
    jmarie1967 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Play with my children, not shop in big girl stores, look good in clothes, seatbelt fit on a plane!
  • dazzer1975
    dazzer1975 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Love myself again

Love someone else again

Generally go out and do all manner of things, from the mundane to the more exciting.

Live a little

Dazzer do people really abuse you in the street? Even when I got to over 26 stone (at 5ft 3) that never happened to me. Mancunians must be bloody judgemental! Still, with half the population obese they should get used to it more in time.

But honestly I am surprised that anyone would dare abuse you --- you look like a bloke who can take care of himself!

lol well, looks can be deceiving lol but yes, I constantly get comments, looks, laughs etc well, I did do until I just stopped going out in the day where there are people.

I used to go shopping at asda's in the middle of the night until one time I looked behind me and noticed the security guard attracting his mates attention then looking towards me and laughing... If I was to then go up and do or say something, I would then be the one perceived as being abusive/anti-social/violent/whatever. It sucks, so don't even do that now lol

It isn't all doom and gloom though, I have lost over 100 pounds so I will get there one day and start going out and living again.

Very true that, I DO think that as the population has gotten bigger (since my childhood) there is probably/possibly far less random stranger abuse than there was, but its still a massive issue... to me anyway, i can quite easily sit at home and say the things others do without the added shame and embarrassment so I tend to lol
  • Canuname
    Canuname Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Go to amusement parks.
    Go on runs with my son.
    Go for long bike rides.
    Go swimming without felling self conscious.
    Go in to a regular store and buy clothing.
    Not have to worry about people staring .
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Love myself again

Love someone else again

Live a little

lol well, looks can be deceiving lol but yes, I constantly get comments, looks, laughs etc well, I did do until I just stopped going out in the day where there are people.

I used to go shopping at asda's in the middle of the night until one time I looked behind me and noticed the security guard attracting his mates attention then looking towards me and laughing... If I was to then go up and do or say something, I would then be the one perceived as being abusive/anti-social/violent/whatever. It sucks, so don't even do that now lol

It isn't all doom and gloom though, I have lost over 100 pounds so I will get there one day and start going out and living again.

Very true that, I DO think that as the population has gotten bigger (since my childhood) there is probably/possibly far less random stranger abuse than there was, but its still a massive issue... to me anyway, i can quite easily sit at home and say the things others do without the added shame and embarrassment so I tend to lol

I've noticed a definite change in the younger generation. There was a time, even when I was much smaller, that I couldn't walk past a group of teenage boys without hearing some type of insult. It hasn't happened to me in a long time. You never let go of that feeling of dread, though...waiting for/expecting it to happen.

So, the one thing I can't wait for is the moment that feeling goes away. And really hot jeans, but that's not quite as deep. ;)
  • dazzer1975
    Options

Love myself again

Love someone else again

Live a little

I've noticed a definite change in the younger generation. There was a time, even when I was much smaller, that I couldn't walk past a group of teenage boys without hearing some type of insult. It hasn't happened to me in a long time. You never let go of that feeling of dread, though...waiting for/expecting it to happen.

So, the one thing I can't wait for is the moment that feeling goes away. And really hot jeans, but that's not quite as deep. ;)

I read a comment a day or so ago about someone's head not catching up with their weight loss and still thinking of themselves as an overweight person with all the hangups that brings... There is probably a lot in that and hopefully, once reaching a healthier and more comfortable weight that we are happy with, we will eventually let go off those thoughts... fingers crossed.

And there is nothing wrong with wanting to look hawt as a side bonus lol
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Keeping up with my daughter, hiking, shopping normal sized clothing, being comfy in a bath and feeling damn sexy! Those are just a few of the things!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Shop in a non-plus sized store & ride rollercoasters
  • LyndaMRou
    LyndaMRou Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Shopping for regular size clothes in regular stores. So long Lane Bryant.

^^^ THIS!!

Last summer (2012) when I went home to the US from Singapore -- where all the women are tiny and have no curves so I can't shop there, I went to Lane Bryant and bought anything (22-24) that fit, regardless of how it looked because that was going to have to last me for a whole year.
    I wouldn't be allowed to ride the Segways on Sentosa (a resort/theme park style island off Singapore) or use the zip line.
    I hated to walk anywhere because I arrived so sweaty and uncomfortable.
    Travelling home in an airplane seat for 6+15 hours was torture.

This summer (2013), I kissed Lane Bryant and Dress Barn goodbye and shopped in Coldwater Creek for clothing that flattered me and that I liked! In size 16!! And shopped at Canadian stores that I hadn't been to in 12 years. I walk almost everywhere now and with all the weight that I've lost, I can stand the humidity much more and am not longer horribly uncomfortable all the time (though there are still horribly humid days that push my limit). I was able to really enjoy our trip to Japan where we walked all day and I could, because my back no longer aches if I've been walking a lot! And best of all, I've been able to drop one blood pressure medication (though I'll always be taking something as it's genetic) and have even set a goal to jog the 5K portion of the Terry Fox run here in late January. Life is so much better!
  • lovejuanangelo
    Options
    wow!!! congrats on the 18 pounds, what exactly are you eating
  • 366to266
    Options

Now I am really confused. 100lb? Your ticker says 13lb - why?
  • dazzer1975
    Options

Now I am really confused. 100lb? Your ticker says 13lb - why?

I have only been on mfp for a few weeks, and missed out most of it, i have had the ticker even less time, and I have smaller interim goals hence the 62lb target and 13lb loss lol

I was 37 stone, I am now 28 stone 7lb and my next goal is 25 stone... then 20, then 18, then 16 and we will see what happens then, but tbh, 16 is probably a bit ambitious.

I would be happy at 18, 16 would be awesome and if i can get to 14 then I will be lightest i have ever weighed in my adult life... but I am not worrying about that... short manageable attainable interim goals is the key for me... keeps it psychologically "do-able"

You can catch my weight loss vlog on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/KnucklesDragged

Only started that 6 or so weeks ago and it isn't for anything other than for me to chart my journey and remind myself never to let myself get like this again, but check it out if you want.

The before pics will be up once I have got down to a better weight... no one sees those yet lmao
  • shelleybodoh
    Options
    I look forward to riding horses like I did when I was young and being able to walk on the beach in 4 years when my husband and I finally take our honeymoon (at that point 25 years later lol).
  • mxcool
    mxcool Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be able to bend down tie my sneaker laces and spring back up
    touch my toes
    hop jumping jacks bring my knees up past my waist
    basically have more flexibility
    for the workout videos I work out to
    Im stretching working out
    run on treadmill 3-6 miles 3-4 times a week have lost 20 + pounds
    but waiting for the day I don't feel like cement
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    loads of things.

Not feeling like I'm going to squish my boyfriend
    Not having a fear of not fitting in things and having to be super embarrassed about that
    Trying on clothes and having them fit and being able to wear certain styles without looking utterly ridiculous
    Feeling confident and being able to feel confident and attractive and worth people's time
    Doing high intensity/impact workouts without feeling flab jumping around in places I didn't even realise I had flab

Just.... everything!
  • MochaFox91
    MochaFox91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    While he -can- pick me up, I worry that I'm too heavy for my fiance to carry me around without hurting himself. I have trouble sitting on some rides because of my wide hips alone, but the weight just makes it worse.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    To be able to walk without having my knees having so much pain......less weight = less pressure
  • 366to266
    Options

I have only been on mfp for a few weeks, and missed out most of it, i have had the ticker even less time, and I have smaller interim goals hence the 62lb target and 13lb loss lol

I was 37 stone, I am now 28 stone 7lb and my next goal is 25 stone... then 20, then 18, then 16 and we will see what happens then, but tbh, 16 is probably a bit ambitious.

Well I think it is a morale boost for you to see that 119lb on the ticker every time you log in. A constant reminder that you have achieved something that about 1% of men of 37 stone have achieved. Most seem to give up, retire to bed and have documentaries made about them, so GOOD ON YOU DAZZER.

I started at 26 stone 2 so if I am not careful you will catch up with me!

Being Brits we can have twice as many milestones as the others. i.e. we can set our sights on, say, 300lb, but also on getting to a certain "stone". I set my goal as losing 100lb. Hence my name. But my current minigoal is to get to 23-13, so I can say I am "23 something."
  • dazzer1975
    Options

Well I think it is a morale boost for you to see that 119lb on the ticker every time you log in. A constant reminder that you have achieved something that about 1% of men of 37 stone have achieved. Most seem to give up, retire to bed and have documentaries made about them, so GOOD ON YOU DAZZER.

I started at 26 stone 2 so if I am not careful you will catch up with me!

Being Brits we can have twice as many milestones as the others. i.e. we can set our sights on, say, 300lb, but also on getting to a certain "stone". I set my goal as losing 100lb. Hence my name. But my current minigoal is to get to 23-13, so I can say I am "23 something."

I have just changed my ticker actually, someone said don't be shy and state your goal regardless of how much it is... so while i will retain my mini goals, and i am not absolutely sure about my end target, that figure seems a reasonable-ish one to try and get to and reassess once there or near.

lmao thats a good point re lbs and then stone targets lol never thought of that, always good to have extra rewards for hitting your targets lol

yes getting into a number bracket is a huge psychological boost, if i can get into 27 something i will be well chuffed, (i got to 28 stone and 10lb before xmas but put 5-5.5 back on so getting out of the 28 mark will be a huge boost.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm going to lose this weight, become elgible for a kidney transplant, get a new kidney, and then return to living normally! I can go back to teaching elementary school and not be attached to a dialysis machine for 12 hours each night.
This discussion has been closed.