WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hello lovely ladies.

Yesterday did not go as entirely planned. Although I have been downsizing I failed to realize the bookshelf in my bedroom is made of hardwood so moving it away from the wall required me to pack up most of the books. It’s a small one, but as most readers know we can pack a ton of books in a small space. And, even though I periodically dust the shelves once I started moving the books each and every one had to be wiped down. Oh, a labor of love. And, then comes the king bed which I have disliked for quite some time. It has a 14 inch mattress and must weigh at least 150 pounds. So stripping of all linens was required and with that an additional three loads of laundry. Long and short…Patching and sanding walls will occur today once I warm my very sore muscles up. It was a great calorie burn day though!

SuziQ – SFL

I would do the exact same thing.

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies ,i woke up at 3 am ,couldnt go back to sleep..my chores for today are taking Dan back and forth to work he is working 7-12 ,so after I drop him off will do some grocery shopping and pick up Homer.. once I pick Dan up ar noontime and drop him off ,im going to take a nap.. like I said sometimes I wake up more tired than when i went to bed..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Machka
    Those splints sound horrible. Glad they're out, and you're progressing well.

Later,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

They look something like these ... one in each nostril, pressed flat up against the septum. Maybe an inch and a quarter long.

I'm not sure how much detail I should go into here ... I have no trouble at all discussing the details of medical stuff but some people get squeamish. I'll put it in a spoiler.

gokarl1x5u29.png
    The front of my left one was digging into the soft tissue inside my nose and, I think, pinching a nerve that went down to my upper lip. It was quite painful.

The right one had a large clot in the back which had pushed it out a bit and I was having trouble breathing with that nostril.

Starting at about a minute, they show people having their splints removed in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjXkCM0G8Ko

I have to keep rinsing for another week, and being careful.

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather
    Oh no!
    So sorry to hear of Johnny's accident!
    Hope he doesn't have a concussion.
    We'll be anxious for an update.
    (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad, Heather. Very stressful morning for you both.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Well, we've had an interesting morning. :o

DH had one of his post peeing fainting episodes and fell backwards in our narrow shower room, hit his head and was unconscious for about a minute. I couldn't get the door open to help him. Eventually I rearranged his legs and squeezed in. He took ages to come round and was very sweaty. He has done this quite a few times since I have known him, but this was the worst because he has given himself a whiplash injury.
    After getting him back to bed and some discussion we decided to call 111, which is the non urgent number. They sent an ambulance crew round and he has gone off to hospital for checks. The ECG was a tiny bit off. Plus his neck muscular pain.

I can't go with him. Virus thing.

Will keep you informed.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

sorry to hear... hope he's ok
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    <3Heather, what a scary event for you and Johnny
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    B)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather Yay!!! so glad he's OK.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Yeah Johnny is home and none the worse for wear except for some neck pain...
    That would scare the daylights out of me.. as I get older ,i watch myself more so i dont fall and break something or topple over. .have been awake since 3 am,took Dan to work and i had crossed the bridge to go grocery shopping and he let me know they didnt have him on the schedule so i turned around,came back and took him home then turned around again and went grocery shopping ,cane back picked up Homer and brought the groceries in.. yeesh im beat...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Went out to get a bit of food shopping. We have a Chinese/Asian shop nearby, so I bought a few things plus frozen dim sum for my lunches when DH isn't around.
    Of course, then j had to get fruit etc as DH isn't up to it. Then bread. Then ....
    Oouuff! Knackered. My back seized up with the stress. It has a habit of doing that.
    Making Tortilla Espanola for dinner as I thought it would be easy for him to eat. Plus runner beans and arugula.
    Now for afternoon snack and a nap. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🤗
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Heather: Sending good wishes for your DH. :heart:

Terri: I agree absolutely that funerals are for those left behind. When a family loses one of its members it needs to say its goodbyes and rearrange itself. :star:

SuziQ: I love the little bulldog on the scale. What a cutie! :star:

Heather: Sending good thoughts for Johnny. I’m glad he’s home. I hope your backpain eases. :star:

I had a riding lesson yesterday and it was great, BUT my sit-bones are complaining this morning. Bottom line—I’m out of shape. :grumble:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    My Goodness...I am so technologically out of it. Tried to renew my car tag online and have no idea if I did it correctly. They needed a copy of my driver's license and the renewal notice, so I took a photo of them and had a very difficult time transferring the photos out of Picasa to my PC's pictures documents. Now, I will just have to wait and see. :o:s:#

Carol in GA