Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,649 Member
    Options
    Uuuu
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,066 Member
    Options
    Camping - I enjoy getting out of the city and into the country because I’m a country girl at heart but I won’t do tents anymore. Last week we used our daughters pop up trailer and it was quite comfortable.

Me too ... I love being out in the country and I like camping. But I've been less and less keen on tents as the years go by. I'm just not that comfortable lying on the ground.

Allie - My Mom colours a lot as well, she uses markers, pencil crayons and wax crayons. I need to send her another gift package with some new ones. I had been buying her adult ones, but she finds them a little too confusing so I need adult themed with children’s simplicity.
    Tracey in Edmonton

I've actually been rather disappointed in the colouring book selection. I went looking a couple years ago with the idea that I'd send my older niece and nephew some more mature colouring books. I had heard about the adult colouring thing and figured I'd be able to find something with landscapes, animals, etc. at a young adult level. And if I found some interesting ones, I thought I might get some for me too!

But all I could find were colouring books for little children ... or these geometric pattern things for adults. Nothing in between.

Maybe it's just here, but it seems to me there's a big gap that could be filled in the colouring book world.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Do any of you have a VPN app on your computer? I have recently learned that I cannot get into a lot of sites (such as my Health Insurance and the ENT) unless it is disabled. I'm about ready to cut it off permanently.

Carol in GA

Yes ... for security for work and university.

I don't go to "questionable" sites where I would feel I might need it otherwise. In fact, my internet usage is probably quite boring! :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie in Napa Valley CA: I’m not a spicy potato chip eater, but Dill Pickle Potato Chips are my weakness. I let myself buy a bag on very rare occasions. :star:

Evie 1958: I already mentioned that I love Vancouver Island. On our last trip we tied up in Brentwood Bay. We were on our boat & travelling with friends who were on their boat. We had a lovely dinner at a pub near the docks. The next day we took the bus to Victoria. I've always thought of Victoria BC as the Magic Kingdom. It was a grand adventure. We have always enjoyed the many places on Vancouver Island we've visited. I would go again if DH was well enough, but that is not a possibility at this time. :ohwell:

Viv: I haven’t seen a post from Amber in quite a while. The last one I remember was worrisome. It seemed that she had become sick and I worry it may have been Covid 19. I hope and pray I am wrong about that.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I have never tried dill pickle chips but LOVE dill pickles. I will have to try them- I will put that on my list when I hit my goal.

When I go to Canada, I usually have one bag of dill pickle potato chips because we can't get them here and they are my favourites.

But the last time (2017), I couldn't finish the bag ... I hadn't eaten potato chips of any sort in so long that I found them way too salty.

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,793 Member
    Options
    Machka - if you ever want have a few free minutes and want a chuckle search adult colouring books on Amazon. I was shocked and way too amused by it.
  • Machka9
    edited July 2020
    Options
    My husband and I are feeling a little bit sad.

I've packed up my work stuff in preparation to go back to the office this week.

It's been such a happy, relaxed, delightful, fantastic 4 months ... now that's coming to an end.

But maybe there will be a second wave and we'll be sent home again.

I'm not taking back as much as I brought home ... just the essentials. If I have to move home again, I'll be ready to go in a matter of minutes!!

Machka in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3 Still catching up.

Viv UK
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Camping - My parents weren't campers. My best friends parents were so I often went with them. Usually my friend and I slept in a tent and the parents in a small camper on the back of the truck (no toilet or shower, but a bed and a small cooktop). My hub and I used to go tent camping at the lake with our bffs. We all had air mattresses that we slept on. We haven't been camping in years. I agree that camping is now a motel vs a tent :wink:

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    On camping:

My opinion is that camping, for me, is just pretending I'm homeless. I know I worked for Girl Scout Councils for the last three years, but my opinion never changed. It was easy to write grants for girls camping, because camping teaches them teamwork, self-confidence, love for the environment and the incredible variety in nature, and it's an adventure as well as a learning opportunity.

I'll pass.

Note - this opinion isn't based on zero experience, we went a lot when I was a child, I've camped in Scotland, Montana, Oregon and Texas as an adult. The times I've gone in the last ten years, it's been under protest, but I've gone. Kinda done with that.

B)

Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,090 Member
    Options
    My last camping trip was three years ago. I have a queen size three inch foam topper that fits in the tent, very comfortable! I went to Assateague VA in the fall. The beach and wild horses were beautiful. The horses came and ransacked my food tubs. They knew exactly how to turn the tubs sideways and stomp on them until the latches blew. One horse stepped on my tent with me inside it! So sad that these gorgeous wild animals are turning into scavengers like Yogi Bear. There was rain too. And the horses are my Cheerios so I was left with cold baked beans. Still it was a great trip. Living with my parents makes travel a nice break.
    Annie in Delaware
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    KYLIA ~ So glad to see you posting. I have wondered where you have been. We were friends on Facebook; but, in an impulsive moment I went through and unfriended most of the folks I know.

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    :)Lisa, I loved your description of camping as pretending to be homeless. Someone once told he that her idea of "camping" was staying at a two star motel that didn't have HBO. I like my own house best and a nice motel second. When I first met Jake, he asked me if I like camping and when I said no, he was delighted because he didn't like it either.