Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    :heart: Matgatrt
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    GRANDCHILDREN ~ Love all the photos that you post...makes me smile. Keep them coming.

LISA ~ So glad you got your gas back on even though it took a while. Years ago, my brother went to light the pilot light on his water heater and it exploded. He had to be air flighted to a burn center but luckily recovered with no severe scarring.

HEATHER & SHARON ~ Your transformations with your weight problems are so inspiring.

Went to the ENT and audiologist. Have moderate hearing loss in both ear and more especially in the one that is bothering me. Prescribed prednisone for two weeks in case it is a virus causing the problem. Will probably balloon up after taking that. Ugh!

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Did the Biggest Loser Calorie Knockout DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Rodney Yee Best of Yoga DVD

Rebecca – Pip can use that boot even while she’s traveling to her new digs

Sue WA – YEAAAA. Doing a happy dance for you

Heather – I don’t think any of us get bored with the pics

Lanette
    – I’m comfortable around 130-135. And, like you say, that’s where my “honesty pants/shorts” feel best. I know that I can go lower on the weight, but then I’d look and feel like c***. If I go overboard I will definitely see an increase. Thanks for those links, they were quite interesting

Soup kitchen today!!! But first need to stop at the church. They have a lot of donations for the soup kitchen so I'll pick them up and take them with me. Then have to stop at the post office. Got masks for Denise and Pete. They probably have some, but I thought these were cute.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING over 50 ladies! I am trying to get forum names connected to real names and a general idea where everyone is located. It seems a majority are in the Pacific Northwest USA. So far I have Sharon, Rebecca, Evelyn, Katla, Lanette, and Sue as PNW ladies. Next, I will get our Texas ladies organized in mind. I was born in Colorado and basically grew up there, but my parents were highly degreed government scientists and took on special assignments that divided my time growing up in Colorado with Texas and New Mexico. Have I missed any PNW ladies? it seems odd that 50-year-olds are considered seniors. My daughter would be 50 this year had she lived.

:) When I found this thread at age 62, it was called "Women Ages 50+ and I figured that 62 fit the category so I jumped. Since then, I have aged and so have others. We now have participants from 50 to almost 80 and the friendliness continues to grow. I don't know if 50 is considered senior. I do know that the Washington State Ferry system considers a Senior to be someone age 65+.

:) Barbie in NW WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA :) So glad to hear that the biopsy result was good.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Sue - Yeah for the great test results!!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🤗
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,894 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING over 50 ladies! I am trying to get forum names connected to real names and a general idea where everyone is located. It seems a majority are in the Pacific Northwest USA. So far I have Sharon, Rebecca, Evelyn, Katla, Lanette, and Sue as PNW ladies. Next, I will get our Texas ladies organized in mind. I was born in Colorado and basically grew up there, but my parents were highly degreed government scientists and took on special assignments that divided my time growing up in Colorado with Texas and New Mexico. Have I missed any PNW ladies? it seems odd that 50-year-olds are considered seniors. My daughter would be 50 this year had she lived.

"Hurricane" Faye
    Columbia Gorge Girl

There are several from the UK, a few from other parts of Europe, a few from Canada and me in Australia too. 😊 Once in a while others drop in from Australia and New Zealand.

I'm actually Canadian - Australian. Dual citizen. 😊

And I'm one of the youngsters here at 53. I definitely don't consider myself a senior!

Machka in Australia (Oz)
  • Machka9
    Options

"Hurricane" Faye
    Columbia Gorge Girl

Oh

"Hurricane" Faye
    Columbia Gorge Girl

Oh also I think Evelyn is Canadian, living on Vancouver Island ... if I'm not mistaken.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Oops that post above was odd ... that's me posting with my phone.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options

"Hurricane" Faye
    Columbia Gorge Girl

hello there, I'm pip.. however, no one ever calls me by m given name and I prefer it that way. my birth name is Isabel, family are the only ones that call me that. I prefer, izzy or better yet, iz. I am hispanic and I currently live in tacoma wa, (about 30 mi from Seattle) but beginning of august will be moving back home to central California, where family is (Fresno)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,744 Member
    Options
    Heather - I am so impressed with your story of reason for wanting to lose weight. I believe that even if it was for vanity it ended up being for health too. Karen - that's pretty impressive that you remembered Heather's story. It shows what a connection is made in this group.
    My daughter bought my grandchildren tablets in April when this all started, I think it was as much for her sanity as anything. When the weather finally started getting nice at the end of May she bought them "new to them" bicycles. I think parents have to do something for kids right now, this has to have been as hard on them as it has been on the parents.
    I hope that your Grandchildren continue enjoying your company as they age as well. I was very close to my grandparents on both sides and spent a lot of time with them. I think the connection that was made when I was younger solidified that relationship. My own girls missed a lot because we moved them away from their grandparents when Lauryn was 8 and Kaitlyn was 6. It is probably the worst part about moving across the country.

Lisa - I was fearing for you that you would have a bill in the 1000's, so happy to read that you won't. I would love to meet you someday, my Mom and Dad could talk to people like that and I miss learning about people from them. Levi is adorable!

Carol - I hope the meds help you and you don't balloon up too much.

Barbie - I am 51, I started participating in this group about 3 months before I turned 50. I remember asking at the time if I had to wait until I turned 50. Here some stores offer a seniors discount at 50 and some at 55, but most are 65.

This morning as I was leaving for work my husband was going for his walk and my Grandson was joining him on his bike. My husband walks 5K in less than an hour so Jonah's legs wouldn't be able to keep up the pace. I'll post the picture I took from my phone.
    Tonight we switch Grandchildren out, Jonah will go home and Michaela will come for two nights. In the middle of August the Grands are coming for a 3 night sleepover so that their parents can get a way for a camping trip alone. Last night Kaitlyn and I decided that one of those 3 nights would be a sleepover at her house. This will make my life easier as Kaitlyn will help me keep them entertained. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can take them to the lake that is only 420 steps from their house.

I should start doing some work now.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,855 Member
    Options
    I love to watch spiders. There were two under a light about a month ago, think they were a couple but not sure. The light was low enough to watch them. One was on the web, the other kinda hiding. The web one would bounce the web and the other would come down and “beat” the other then run back to hiding. DH and I watched them for about 30 minutes then gave up. Funny behavior!

Pg. 78 RvRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,855 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    My weight has been climbing. Blaming moods and hormone med doc put me on but my diet contributes too. Blaming doesn’t cut it. My hand to mouth actions are what do it. I must log all my food to see what I’m doing to myself.

Made these silly socks as a challenge for a friend who loves socks. Working on Christmas presents early. Also made this banner yesterday. Both in spoiler.

Allergies bad today, sinus headache, eyes blurry, humidity is high for here at 46%. That always triggers my headaches.

RV Rita (kevrit)
    bjm6cn9xa3rz.jpeg

cv5vi9qkdz3s.jpeg

Just for fun, my calendar lusted these things for July 24. Try to combine them in a 3 sentence story!

1. Police Day in Poland
    2. Tequila Day in US
    3. Amelia Earhart Worldwide
    4. BDSM Day Worldwide
    5. Drive Through Day Worldwide
    6. Cousin’s Day worldwide
    7. Virtual Love Day

Get creative!
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING... I don't know if 50 is considered senior. I do know that the Washington State Ferry system considers a Senior to be someone age 65+.

:) Barbie in NW WA

I don't know of anywhere that someone between 50-60 can get a "senior" discount. If so, I'd take it. The shops that have "senior hours" right now are 65+. Long ago, when my dad was 55 and able to use a senior discount to get 15% off at a local restaurant in our hometown and he refused. He said that's too young to be senior. For anyone who knows my dad, that's huge because he'll save a penny wherever he can.

Tina in CA