WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,020 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Another week already just about over. Trying to read all the posts.
    I hope everyone is doing well and have a wonderful weekend.
    I have been busy making more masks. My former brother in law's wife(they were not married when I was married to his brother) ordered 11 masks- will deliver them tomorrow, then stop off at MIL's neighbor because she wants more then what ever I have left, my daycare girls' mom wants to take them to work to sell them there. Never ever expected to be still making them. I had to order more elastic and velcro(I do different types) plus bought a bunch more fabric. Still need to get more done, including another for husband(new fabric and make it a little bigger)
    I have been doing good on my food intake for the most part- only went over 1000 cal once- yesterday and only by 100.
    Exercise has not been much this week- need to work on it.
    Going to be a bit of an emotional day- today would be my best friends birthday- we were best friends from the day we met in 5th grade, through high school, college and even had the same career. She past away at 38yrs old. In Nov. it will be 20 yrs that she has been gone- still get weepy when I think of her. She would be so excited with all her grandkids she has now.

Break is over , time to get back to the sewing machine.

Have a great weekend everyone

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • twiglet247
    twiglet247 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, could I join please?
    Am new to MFP, currently on day 3 and still feeling my way around....I'm 58 years old from the North-West of England....need to lose over 100lbs that I lost a couple of years ago but found them again, lucky me!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    twiglet247 ... you joined by posting! Look for the star in the upper right hand corner and click on it to turn it yellow. You'll be able to find us better.

Amber ... glad to see you post!

Rori ... hugs ...

Lanette ...I just read an article from the NIH in regard to melatonin and immunity ... very interesting. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7211589/?fbclid=IwAR2Tf7DgpQp2aJ1Cq_qeeWt6cjKc7qNojuBajs_2dJctvNDX44jQ15Hpb10

Have been making good choices for the last few days in regard to diet, but then just blew it a few minutes ago. Sigh. I'm tired and stressed today and that always seems to be my undoing.

Beth

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    BETH Thanks for that tip! <3
  • Faetta
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Katla Yes, the fall can really change views in the PNW.

Heather
    Scrub up must also be used in Australia. I was on a job many years ago as an engineer, developing ways of drilling and blasting for the lowest cost. I sweat so much that all the dirt stuck to me and I was a real mess The first time our site geologist from Australia saw me off work at a company party he said, "Wow Fayers you really scrub up nicely." He always added ers to everyone's name.
  • Faetta
    Options
    Feeling like a Girl Scout with all the badges I am earning. B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Well my strainer to make sticky white rice finally fell apart, so had to go shopping for that. Wanted what I had, which was one that fit on the lip of a pot so I could wash the rice. Well Safeway didn't have it, not Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart did have a huge ladle type one so I bought that. Wanted to buy candy or cookies but nothing looked good. I bought stickers instead.👍
    👍Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,685 Member
    Options
  • Faetta
    Options
    Rebecca Wow you are braver than me to shop in Walmart. I have been once since the shutdown.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Rebecca: Stickers are great! High fiber and low calories. (Just kidding) They might be hard for some of us to digest. I have no idea what sorts of ink might be on those stickers but they're fun. :wink:

Back in the day when I was in high school, I sometimes nibbled on little bits of paper. It was a nervous habit. The teacher, Mr. Tate, always thought he would catch a gum chewer or note writer but was disappointed by a tiny, wet piece of paper. YUK. Mr.Tate did not notice that I was sitting by my best friend forever and we were using finger spelling throughout his class. She called me on my birthday this week. I can't express how nice it was to hear from her. :heart:
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Wow you are braver than me to shop in Walmart. I have been once since the shutdown.

I still haven't stepped foot in a Walmart either ... online ordering and curbside pick-up works just fine for me! There are only two grocery stores I will enter ... one of the local Aldi's that is doing a stellar job with disinfecting, social distancing, etc ... and our BJs Warehouse ... it's always empty! Everything else I need I order online and have delivered or pick-up curbside.

Beth

• Whidislander
    Options

I am really careful, look with my eyes, and open caredoor with hands holding a wipe. Husband gives me a wipe when I get in. Hey we do what we gotta do.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Faye, Whidbey only has a handful of stores to choose from in the island, and we don't have the app where you can click and fill your virtual cart. Either we go and buy stuff or we go without I suppose.
    💖Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,794 Member
    Options
    I have 10 mg melatonin gummies,they help me fall asleep but not stay asleep
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I have 10 mg melatonin gummies,they help me fall asleep but not stay asleep

Have you tried doing half quick acting and half time release?

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Gail Ontario – welcome!

Vince came back from the doc. He has to go for an ultrasound and cat scan

Sheila – hi and welcome. Any time is a good time to join

Tina – I don’t feel like a senior but I’m more than willing to take a senior discount

Rori – (((big hug))))

Allie
    – I wish you could help Rori. You’d know exactly what to do

Amber
    – been thinking a lot of you. Thanks for popping in

Trader – ahhh…plateaus. You are supposed to change up the amount of calories you have (high one day, low the next), different exercises, different lengths of time for exercise (45 minutes, 1 hr),. I can tell you this helps. I know that if I don’t snack at night (which is hard for me) I’ll lose. But it’s so hard. Don’t obsess about weight, but about measurements. Della is right. Fat is being replaced with muscle

Peg – welcome! Of course you can join, you didn’t even have to ask. We’re glad to have you

Twiglet
    – welcome

Picked up donations for the soup kitchen from our church. I really thought it would take longer. So I went to the post office then the soup kitchen. When we were finished serving, someone was supposed to help unload the donations. Only he stood there with the cart while I put everything on the cart. Oh well. Then home and in the pool

I have begun to find WalMart home delivery to be a real time saver. Unfortunately, they have such a high minimum for free delivery (and I refuse to pay a delivery fee) plus there are some things I just don’t trust them to pick out. Another thing is that some items are only available at one WalMart and some at another one. I do like to go to Aldi. In a way, I like bagging my own groceries. I try to put all the frozen foods together

Michele NC