WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Did a Best of Yoga DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone Walk Your Belly Flat DVD

Made M&M cookies for Vince now making meringues for me

M – loved that “first day” pic. That’s how I feel sometimes doing yoga or pilates

Shelly – welcome! Oh, I know lots of people here have heard of PEI

Needed a crochet hook so went to WalMart early this morning. I tell you, they have a small craft dept and they aren’t keeping it stocked at all. Then went to Hobby Lobby but they don’t have the size I need. But they did have a diamond dotz that I’ll do for a lady at the condo. She’s such a sweet person, she remembers MIL

Sue
    – great to see you again. I’m so sorry to read that you were tested positive. Here’s hoping for you all to get better real fast

JewelLiz – welcome!

Michele NC
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    SueBDew - glad to see you, we missed you! Keep us posted on y'all's progress toward wellness. It sounds like no fun whatsoever.

Lisa in AR
  • Suesh111
    Suesh111 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well - Took a couple of years off and ended up gaining back all but 2 lbs. But now hubby said it's time for him to lose too, so we're starting together. Should be easier without all his delicious home baked goods and carb laden cooking around all the time. Also, even though I'm 68, the only exercise I've ever really loved was ballet -- so I just restarted classes a couple days a week. The instructor (same one I had as a kid and young adult) said they'll have a party when I can bend over and touch the floor! Thank you for all your lovely and inspiring posts above. Never give up - never surrender! (for other Galaxy Quest fans)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    wahmx3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! I'm late to joining the party but better late than never right??!! I'm ready to recommit once again....darn life always gets in the way of my goals or mid evening hits and my all motivation during the day goes away. So I'm 53 and currently weigh 182, which is close to my highest ever. My health is fairly good, no long term aches or pains and no daily meds so I consider myself fortunate. I had done great using MFP a few years and lost about 27 pounds, going down from a size 12 to a 10. That's the funny part about my body, I can lose/gain 10-15 pounds and my clothes don't change how they fit, very weird. Goals are to drink my water daily ( at least 8 glasses) and I love water but some days don't find the time, lose 1 pound this week (maybe 2) and just stay focused on eating better (which I realize isn't very specific). I have a very busy home daycare so exercise just doesn't fit in my routine in the summer except for weekend walks but I can focus on the my goals for the next 6 weeks until school starts again (that's the plan for schools here at the moment). Covid-19 is very controlled where I live and has been from the beginning so very thankful for that!! I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada, a very small province that many of you have likely never heard of. Hope you all have a sunny day. Cheers, Shelley

Welcome Shelly.
    I was a daycare provider full time for over 35yrs and recently changed to "Trustline"-only one family at a time and don't have to deal with licensing but can still get paid by the county if the family is eligible. 55hrs a week for six years with triplets wore me out so decided to semi-retire.
    Like you, I have lost weight but clothes still seem to fit the same. Trying now to get over this darn plateau. Sticking to 1000 cal a day for the last year but the scale isn't moving the past few months.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • dlfk202000
    edited July 2020
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Barbie in NW WA those penguin socks were difficult! Hardest project I’ve tried in forever! I like how they came out though. Taking a break from yarn for a couple days and sewing since weather is more reasonable. As you know, I have to set up my sewing space outside. Making masks, and banners. Also hemming DH shorts.
    RV Rita

3ajyogc041sj.jpeg

very pretty- I need to find something else to sew besides masks-(have 21 elastic and 15 velcro ones done plus the 11 velcro ones I will be delivering in a couple hours to my former brother in law) I had forgotten how much I enjoy sewing and when I have been sewing so much,I snack a whole lot less. I am now at about 175 or so masks done since this started. Given some away, sold a lot and even traded home made pesto for a few. Going to try an new pattern this week that is a sold piece in front instead of two sewn together- if it works, I have some Frozen masks I want to do with Olaf and Anna/Elsa on them. I started out using stuff I had on hand(started sewing in 4th grade so have tons of fabric/supplies) Actually had to buy more supplies- Elastic and Velcro bought on line and fabric I went to our local thrift store and got some super soft sheets. The masks are really comfortable with these- all are reversible . Once I loose this next 10 pounds, I will start sewing clothes for myself again. Haven't made anything for myself in years. My biggest project sewing wise was my wedding dress for my second wedding.(almost 28yrs ago)

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Terri: The Gas Man Cometh was delightful! Thank you!!! :heart:

Suebdew: It is delightful to see you posting again. I’m sorry to hear that Covid has come into your lives. I hope you get well soon. :flowerforyou:

JewelLiz: Welcome! :star:

Rita: You have talent with fabric and color. Beautiful!!! :heart:

It is not 9am yet, and I’ve already been to the grocery store and back. I had the place to myself and was able to pick out some good meats and chips to bring home. DH is the chip eater. Luckily he likes the spicy stuff. I can’t eat it because of digestive problems. I have a very hard time with having just a few regular chips so I seldom buy the kind I like. I am better off without the temptation to eat the whole bag. :embarassed: :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Katla- I am the same way when it comes to chips- I am ok as long as the bag is closed but once it is open, just a handful, then another...... Even ones that I don't really like- except the salt and vinegar or hot Cheetos- those I can stay away from. Sadly, my husband likes all kinds and brings them home at least weekly. I will give in but always track them as best I can. That is why I stick to 1000 cal a day instead of the 1200 MFP says I should use- in case I am not tracking exactly right.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Quite a few pages behind, so may take a while to catch up.

Thanks for your sympathy re Logan, he really was the sweetest cat, he was only 9yrs so we thought he'd be with us for a few more years. It all happened so quickly, last month he seemed fine.

Now we are down to one cat and one dog, we are re-arranging things. The cats were fed upstairs in my bedroom so that Leah didn't eat their food. Now we are making space for Maggie to eat in the kitchen maybe on top of the corner unit, or on the floor away from Leah. Maggie needs to go on a diet so it will be a good way to monitor how much she eats. Food will not be left down for her, if she doesn't eat it, it will be put in the fridge for later.

I can now think about decorating my bedroom and move things around.

I'd better read a few more pages. Have we heard from Amber yet?

Love to all - take care <3
    Viv UK
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    My 50th birthday vacation to the Washington Islands.
    Rebecca does this look like Langley on Whidbey?
    I didn't mark it for location.

3mm8itybat7t.jpg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Debbie in Napa Valley CA: I’m not a spicy potato chip eater, but Dill Pickle Potato Chips are my weakness. I let myself buy a bag on very rare occasions. :star:

Evie 1958: I already mentioned that I love Vancouver Island. On our last trip we tied up in Brentwood Bay. We were on our boat & travelling with friends who were on their boat. We had a lovely dinner at a pub near the docks. The next day we took the bus to Victoria. I've always thought of Victoria BC as the Magic Kingdom. It was a grand adventure. We have always enjoyed the many places on Vancouver Island we've visited. I would go again if DH was well enough, but that is not a possibility at this time. :ohwell:

Viv: I haven’t seen a post from Amber in quite a while. The last one I remember was worrisome. It seemed that she had become sick and I worry it may have been Covid 19. I hope and pray I am wrong about that.

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    BETH ~ I really like the flower arrangement and bet your mom did too. Flowers arrangements have gotten sky high now-a-days. Husband's friend's mom passed last week and the arrangement he & other friends sent was over $200.

SUE ~ So sorry to hear about the virus running through your family. Healing prayers for all of you.

Do any of you have a VPN app on your computer? I have recently learned that I cannot get into a lot of sites (such as my Health Insurance and the ENT) unless it is disabled. I'm about ready to cut it off permanently.

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie in Napa Valley CA: I’m not a spicy potato chip eater, but Dill Pickle Potato Chips are my weakness. I let myself buy a bag on very rare occasions. :star:

Evie 1958: I already mentioned that I love Vancouver Island. On our last trip we tied up in Brentwood Bay. We were on our boat & travelling with friends who were on their boat. We had a lovely dinner at a pub near the docks. The next day we took the bus to Victoria. I've always thought of Victoria BC as the Magic Kingdom. It was a grand adventure. We have always enjoyed the many places on Vancouver Island we've visited. I would go again if DH was well enough, but that is not a possibility at this time. :ohwell:

Viv: I haven’t seen a post from Amber in quite a while. The last one I remember was worrisome. It seemed that she had become sick and I worry it may have been Covid 19. I hope and pray I am wrong about that.

I have never tried dill pickle chips but LOVE dill pickles. I will have to try them- I will put that on my list when I hit my goal.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Been busy . Trying to keep up with exercise y diet. Uncle has pancreatic cancer, grandma birthday, lots going on. JRs been fussy mess but gotta love him.

Amber Tx

Maintain weight at the moment.

Amber posted yesterday. She is busy but OK according to her post.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Watching another old John Nettles Midsomer Murders tonight. I remember them less well than the Neil Dudgeon ones. Some episodes I have seen at least twice! :o The alternative tonight is The Post, but it doesn't finish until 11.35 , so we are recording it.
    It's been a long time since I didn't do my bonus calories, but I guess it happens. Weather depressing. Tired. DH seems to be still improving. :) I'm keeping up with my languages, if nothing else. Bananas, I'm still listening to Hugo every day. Plus I follow Spanish on home decor Utube. Duolingo German going well. I obviously know more than I think.
    Karen - How is the French going?

Where is Luci?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It is dull, grey and breezy. I hope my happy campers are ok. Rain is expected. :o

Sharon - I noticed the pink cheeks too and thought, "Oh, they've forgotten to put suncream on their cheeks." They are in the sea such a lot and wearing goggles that it's difficult to keep suncream on. They do put it on to start with. I'm always amazed at the three pairs of blue eyes. Both parents have brown eyes. :D The genetics is complicated and it's not a simple calculation, but to simplify, it's only a 64 to 1 chance that all three children will have blue eyes from two brown eyed parents who have recessive blue genes.

My cleaner is coming today instead of yesterday, because she had a landlord visit. DH will shut himself in his study to watch soccer and cricket, though there won't be any cricket because of the rain. :'( He had a dizzy spell in the night, trying to get out of bed, so I helped him to the bathroom. :/

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I know my sons wore goggles a lot during the summer as kids. If the goggles are really tight, (which they would kind of need to be), then when they pulled them off they got blackish circles around their eyes. Its the suction. Just something to be careful about!💖
    💖Rebecca
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    Beth- I think I would call and kindly ask them why the difference. It seems quite noticeable.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Tracey & Beth ~ I didn't read Beth's post correctly. Now, I can see what the difference is in the order. Yes, you should call and ask.

Carol in GA