WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm late to joining the party but better late than never right??!! I'm ready to recommit once again....darn life always gets in the way of my goals or mid evening hits and my all motivation during the day goes away. So I'm 53 and currently weigh 182, which is close to my highest ever. My health is fairly good, no long term aches or pains and no daily meds so I consider myself fortunate. I had done great using MFP a few years and lost about 27 pounds, going down from a size 12 to a 10. That's the funny part about my body, I can lose/gain 10-15 pounds and my clothes don't change how they fit, very weird. Goals are to drink my water daily ( at least 8 glasses) and I love water but some days don't find the time, lose 1 pound this week (maybe 2) and just stay focused on eating better (which I realize isn't very specific). I have a very busy home daycare so exercise just doesn't fit in my routine in the summer except for weekend walks but I can focus on the my goals for the next 6 weeks until school starts again (that's the plan for schools here at the moment). Covid-19 is very controlled where I live and has been from the beginning so very thankful for that!! I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada, a very small province that many of you have likely never heard of. Hope you all have a sunny day. Cheers, Shelley
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    SHELLEY ~ Hi and Welcome! There are several ladies here who do home daycare, so, you will find many with like minds. Also, there are a lot of us who are retired teachers and some are still teaching. Please click the star at the top of the page until it turns yellow and it will bring you back to where you last left off.

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    Shelley :) It is never too late to join the party. I found MFP at age 62 and it has been a huge help to me. I post on this thread daily and feel like I have a large supportive family that listens and doesn't pass judgement. I log food and exercise daily and consider my weight and fitness journey to be a matter of life and death. I am fortunate to live in a neighborhood with safe uncrowded streets where I can walk every day. I have read about PEI but never been fortunate to get that far to the North East of North America.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    t5525.gif

Happy 54th Anniversary, Irish Terri!

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Ugh another night of not sleeping well ,i got up and have Faith all set for the morning, and Alfie and I are just hanging in a recliner..
    I can keep an eye on Faith with a camera in the bedroom..make sure she isnt getting into anything..
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Lisa: Your fence saga reminds me of this song

https://youtu.be/v1dvAxA9ib0

Thank you, Terri... made me literally laugh out loud! :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: You literally live on an island. We don’t live on an island, but it almost feels like it. We haven’t been outside of our county since my medical procedure in PDX. There are three grocery stores and none of them is a Costco. We can call in an order for curbside pick-up but have only done that once. I like to shop inside and make my own choices. People are good about wearing masks and maintaining social distance in all of the stores. :star:

Lanette: DH & the dog are both fans of CBD oil. We usually buy ours at ACE Hardware. Prices are better there than at Safeway. I am lucky in the sleep department. I nod right off. :smiley:

Michele: I like to bag my own groceries, too. :flowerforyou:

Evie: We love Vancouver Island but haven’t been able to visit there in the past few years due to DH’s health issues. I think of Victoria, BC as the Magic Kingdom. Victoria Harbor is one of the nicest I’ve ever been. :heart:

Heather: Has your DH got low blood pressure? I used to get dizzy if I stood up too fast. In your situation, I would haul him off to the doctor for a check-up. :flowerforyou:

Shelley: Welcome! PEI Is a destination where I’ve always wanted to go thanks to Anne of Green Gables, but no chance for now. :star:

Irish Terry: Happy 54th Anniversary! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Allie: You are an excellent care giver. Faith is lucky to have you on her team. :star:

We have a pretty morning.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    wahmx3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! I'm late to joining the party but better late than never right??!! I'm ready to recommit once again....darn life always gets in the way of my goals or mid evening hits and my all motivation during the day goes away. So I'm 53 and currently weigh 182, which is close to my highest ever. My health is fairly good, no long term aches or pains and no daily meds so I consider myself fortunate. I had done great using MFP a few years and lost about 27 pounds, going down from a size 12 to a 10. That's the funny part about my body, I can lose/gain 10-15 pounds and my clothes don't change how they fit, very weird. Goals are to drink my water daily ( at least 8 glasses) and I love water but some days don't find the time, lose 1 pound this week (maybe 2) and just stay focused on eating better (which I realize isn't very specific). I have a very busy home daycare so exercise just doesn't fit in my routine in the summer except for weekend walks but I can focus on the my goals for the next 6 weeks until school starts again (that's the plan for schools here at the moment). Covid-19 is very controlled where I live and has been from the beginning so very thankful for that!! I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada, a very small province that many of you have likely never heard of. Hope you all have a sunny day. Cheers, Shelley

I've not only heard of PEI, I've read all the Anne of Green Gables books. ☺

I'm from western Canada and have made it as far east as Montreal. But it's been my dream to get out your way one day.

Machka the Canadian-Australian ☺

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    qqqqqq
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Sue - glad to see your on the mend...
    Faith is back to her coloring she uses colored pencils and it keeps her occupied.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi all.
    It is pouring with rain and blowing a gale. I wonder if my campers will just come back home. ;):'( What a shame!

I was exhausted this afternoon and took to my bed. Fell asleep for an hour. I was going to treat DH to the Epley Manoeuvre, but I really am not feeling up to it. Hope I'm not sickening for .............! I haven't even done my bonus exercises.

So sorry SueBDew. <3 Bad luck. Hope you continue to improve.

Terri - My dad loved Flanders and Swann. I was brought up on their songs. I sometimes sing Mud to the grandchildren.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    Barbie in NW WA those penguin socks were difficult! Hardest project I’ve tried in forever! I like how they came out though. Taking a break from yarn for a couple days and sewing since weather is more reasonable. As you know, I have to set up my sewing space outside. Making masks, and banners. Also hemming DH shorts.
    RV Rita

3ajyogc041sj.jpeg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🎇😊🎆
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    I’ve gained 5 pounds since the beginning of June. I went back to look at my food logs and found I do well on breakfast and dinner then I don’t log for supper and beyond. Too much night time eating of carbs/ drinking. I know what I have to do. PIP, I need your boot!!!

RV Rita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Terri: The Gas Man Cometh was delightful! Thank you!!! :heart:

Suebdew: It is delightful to see you posting again. I’m sorry to hear that Covid has come into your lives. I hope you get well soon. :flowerforyou:

JewelLiz: Welcome! :star:

Rita: You have talent with fabric and color. Beautiful!!! :heart:

It is not 9am yet, and I’ve already been to the grocery store and back. I had the place to myself and was able to pick out some good meats and chips to bring home. DH is the chip eater. Luckily he likes the spicy stuff. I can’t eat it because of digestive problems. I have a very hard time with having just a few regular chips so I seldom buy the kind I like. I am better off without the temptation to eat the whole bag. :embarassed: :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon