WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did Leslie Sanson’s Walk your belly Flat DVD and Kathy Smith’s Rejuvenation DVD. This is stretching. The plan for tomorrow is to do a uTube Body Pump workout.

M – “I hadn't eaten potato chips of any sort in so long that I found them way too salty.” Isn’t it just amazing how our tastebuds change? Same here, now I can taste the salt in foods that I hadn’t before. At first I absolutely hated this stay-at-home stuff. It was so not like me. Now I’ve gotten sort-of used to it and it wouldn’t bother me one bit if we went back to stage 1. That is, except for the fact that I wouldn’t be able to see PJ

We used to camp (tent) a lot when the kids were smaller. Vince and the kids had to have a cot to sleep on. I never had a problem sleeping on the ground. I don’t know if I’d have a problem now or not. I am guessing that at first I wouldn’t have a problem but later in the evening I’d want a cot

I really think Vince has a touch of OCD. So many things have to be the way he does it. Like rolling up extension cords. How many times I said “what does it matter as long as it gets done” when he tries to tell me how something should be done. Yes, in a way being OCD is a blessing. Like when he was treasurer of Newcomers. He kept records like you wouldn’t believe! But if there’s something he’s not interested in (like the landscaping) he has no problem putting it off…and off…..and off

Carol GA
    – I see you didn’t unfriend me, thank goodness

Vince wants to cut the grass today. Remember I told you about the neighbor’s blue flags? Well, he cut the grass yesterday and it looked like he took the flags up. Not sure why he put them up only to take them down. Anyway, we have some trees alongside our property and whenever I use the walkbehind I always pick up any twigs first. Well, there were a lot more this time. What I suspect he does is if he finds a twig on his side, he throws it on ours. But no big deal. Anyway, I noticed that the flags are now going across his backyard whereas yesterday they went to the back of the yard. What I’m thinking now is that he’s going to put in an electric fence for their dog.

Speaking of the dog, he was barking and barking and barking. I think he woke the wife up. I know she works nights. But not my problem.

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,294 Member
    Options
    Kylia - Welcome back! We've missed you. <3 Sorry you've been so overworked, but I guess that's better than no job, like so many.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    Camping - I only remember camping twice when we were kids. Once our trip was cut short because I had to have an emergency appendectomy. I was 6. The second time was with friends of my parents, my Dad had built a camper that went in the back of their truck for them. We went with them once to see it in action. We lived in the country, we grew up with no heat except a wood stove, only had cold running water in the house. Camping was our everyday life we didn’t need to “get back to nature”.
    When our girls were teens they convinced us to go camping with tents. The promise being I could do nothing and they would do all the work. They kept their promise and I went a second time, when we returned from that one our house had had a fire. Rodger and I have camped a few times in tents since but not on a regular basis. The most comfortable I’ve been camping was using the pop up trailer last week.

Michaela and I are going to visit Kaitlyn today before I take her home. I think Kaitlyn is going to trim her hair while we’re there.

Kylia - it’s nice to see you back.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    I Slept pretty darn well last night I think,but am still tired...will be making lunch for Faith in a bit.. will feel good to get home...
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Barbara Thanks for liking my "corona" styling. I think I like it best also.
    You live in an area I used to love to visit. I love the Port Orford cedars. I have
    used the wood in making so many crafts, especially string instruments.

Carol I did the same on my Facebook and later regretted it. Some long
    time friends like Mark Knopfler I deleted by mistake and now he has made his
    personal page private and it can't be found. His fan page is run by someone else.

Kylia Coping with death of family or friends is hard and yes with today's social unrest and violence
    it is easy to fall in a slump. It has been 55 years since the tragic death of my best friend and I still think
    about it most days. I even went through PTSD treatment for it and was finally able to talk about it 5 years
    ago. 50 years bottled up inside sure took a toll on me.

Machka Yes, sniffling can really get folk's attention these days. Even with a mask on, I always do any
    such in my elbow so to muffle it.

Annie The wild horses remind me of my days on the ranch and also helping round up wild horses. Our
    central Oregon wild horses are not so friendly or trusting.

Okie The Hill Country! I have cousins by the dozens down there and never personally met most of them.
    The few I have was when I was about 4 and went to a family reunion. I can't sleep any place that doesn't have an adjustable bed and is super sanitary. I sleep better in a reclining car seat than any motel. Most motels don't even change sheets daily.

Heather Bea is a super cutie in her red lens glasses, a girl after my sunglasses styling. The loo 4 times nightly does present a problem even at home sleeping in my own bed. I watch my fluid intake 1 hour before
    bed and that has helped, but I lay there awake and suffer before getting up, then when I finally give in I am on the pot peeing until my legs go numb.

Michele Thanks for your friend's request. Glad to accept as we can never have too many friends.

Rebecca Thanks for confirming that photo location. I am trying to get my photos organized and labeled.
    I hope the island is having beautiful weather. I love the coastal breeze. I am reminded of it now as I spray each
    nostril with a heavy salt solution to clear my sinuses and also I think it kills the virus, but no scientific proof so I will shut up about it before the Covid Cops come knocking on my door.

Debbie I started making mask using hair ties for over-ear holders. I had this material and thought it
    would make a nice mask. I wore it once and got so much negativity about it being red and white that I went back to the medical mask that I can carry in my cell phone case. I refuse to wear a mask when outdoors and no one is even close. I had fun sewing up those masks and sent them to a friend that lives in a less hostile place. Sorry about the horrible self haircut. Maybe my haircut offended the young rebels and it wasn't the mask hahaha!

p9n5fictud0r.jpg

Katla I think I missed commenting on something mentioning me and I can't find it now. I might have
    imagined it also. Hope you are having a beautiful day there. Nice and warm with little cooling predicted for
    the night.

Pip I need help on understanding your thread codes. I am good with codes, even Morse, but I am
    not savvy to internet coding.

Barbie NW Wa reminds me of being at a wedding in a park next to the border and a friend telling me if you cross the street you are in Canada and border patrols don't take kindly to walking across. there were no fences, just sensors, and signs.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Well Faith had her shower and is clean and now back to her coloring...will bring her a plum for snack... and hoping Jean will be home within the next couple hours
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My husband and I are feeling a little bit sad.

I've packed up my work stuff in preparation to go back to the office this week.

It's been such a happy, relaxed, delightful, fantastic 4 months ... now that's coming to an end.

But maybe there will be a second wave and we'll be sent home again.

I'm not taking back as much as I brought home ... just the essentials. If I have to move home again, I'll be ready to go in a matter of minutes!!

Machka in Oz

When I was talking to my former sister in law(delivering the masks she ordered from me) she said their office is not planning on opening until 2021. She works for a city tourism. She works at home four days a week and only goes to the office once a week to get the mail, pay the bills, etc.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • dlfk202000
    edited July 2020
    Options
    You live in an area I used to love to visit. I love the Port Orford cedars. I have

personal page private and it can't be found. His fan page is run by someone else.

Kylia Coping with death of family or friends is hard and yes with today's social unrest and violence
    it is easy to fall in a slump. It has been 55 years since the tragic death of my best friend and I still think
    about it most days. I even went through PTSD treatment for it and was finally able to talk about it 5 years

Machka Yes, sniffling can really get folk's attention these days. Even with a mask on, I always do any

Annie The wild horses remind me of my days on the ranch and also helping round up wild horses. Our

Okie The Hill Country! I have cousins by the dozens down there and never personally met most of them.
    The few I have was when I was about 4 and went to a family reunion. I can't sleep any place that doesn't have an adjustable bed and is super sanitary. I sleep better in a reclining car seat than any motel. Most motels don't even change sheets daily.

Heather Bea is a super cutie in her red lens glasses, a girl after my sunglasses styling. The loo 4 times nightly does present a problem even at home sleeping in my own bed. I watch my fluid intake 1 hour before
    bed and that has helped, but I lay there awake and suffer before getting up, then when I finally give in I am on the pot peeing until my legs go numb.

Michele Thanks for your friend's request. Glad to accept as we can never have too many friends.

Rebecca Thanks for confirming that photo location. I am trying to get my photos organized and labeled.
    I hope the island is having beautiful weather. I love the coastal breeze. I am reminded of it now as I spray each
    nostril with a heavy salt solution to clear my sinuses and also I think it kills the virus, but no scientific proof so I will shut up about it before the Covid Cops come knocking on my door.

Debbie I started making mask using hair ties for over-ear holders. I had this material and thought it
    would make a nice mask. I wore it once and got so much negativity about it being red and white that I went back to the medical mask that I can carry in my cell phone case. I refuse to wear a mask when outdoors and no one is even close. I had fun sewing up those masks and sent them to a friend that lives in a less hostile place. Sorry about the horrible self haircut. Maybe my haircut offended the young rebels and it wasn't the mask hahaha!

p9n5fictud0r.jpg

Katla I think I missed commenting on something mentioning me and I can't find it now. I might have
    imagined it also. Hope you are having a beautiful day there. Nice and warm with little cooling predicted for
    the night.

Pip I need help on understanding your thread codes. I am good with codes, even Morse, but I am

Barbie NW Wa reminds me of being at a wedding in a park next to the border and a friend telling me if you cross the street you are in Canada and border patrols don't take kindly to walking across. there were no fences, just sensors, and signs.

this is a picture of one of the latest batches of masks I have done- delivered 19 yesterday( 16 to former brother/sister in law) and 3 to MIL's neighbor.

zi3oq2ddzded.png

the ones on the left are elastic that goes behind the head, not just the ears and the others are velcro that goes behind the head too.

Edit- here is another batch- my flag ones were the first ones to go

• dlfk202000
    Options
    I used to love camping- we would go to Yosemite with my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins.. Tents for most and a travel trailer for the rest- Grandma cooked most of the food in it. Such fun time with all the family- great memories.
    I went there one time with former husband and my best friend and her then fiance(now husband)- such a great time.
    Current husband has no desire to camp or hike or anything outdoors- I really miss it.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Debbie Those are very nice looking mask. I like the idea of the velcro in the back. For walking, I use a super stretchy nylon/spandex compression neck choker that is mainly for neck support and I added extra material to it that pulls up for mask part. It is easy to wash and dries quickly.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,621 Member
    Options

p9n5fictud0r.jpg

the night.

I'm just putting random letters or numbers to mark my spot, no secret...

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Dellafayfox: We live beside the Columbia River and have relatives in eastern Oregon who we visit once in a while. I was trying to figure out the location of an island in the river above Bonneville Dam. DH told me that he’d point it out the next time we travel that way. It may be quite a while before we travel. :ohwell: :flowerforyou:

I like your masks. One of our shopkeepers here in town has been making masks for sale. It appears that we’ll all be using masks for some time to come and this is a good way for talented sewers to make an important contribution to overall health. :flowerforyou:

Debbie: Your masks also look great. :star:

To both of you:

Grocery stores in our area are requiring masks. Remember the old saying, “No shirt, no shoes, no service?” Now we need to add “No mask, no service ” to the list. The two of you and many others are helping to keep people safe. Thank you both!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon