Replies

• eapar507
    eapar507 Posts: 64 Member
    pandygirl1 wrote: »
    @jm216, you have such a beautiful dog.

Thank you!❤️
    Is that your kitty in your picture?

@jm216, not the first picture you saw, but the one up now is my baby girl Zara, and I also have her brother Izzy (they are litter mates) about 8 years old.
    I need to figure out how to take pictures and be able to post them on this thread.

@pandygirl1 Zara is beautiful. Everyone here seems to be animal lovers. That is so nice :)
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Thank you, @cpnknight. I'm afraid that I don't do Facebook, or any of the other social medias any more.

When I lost my other cat in November of 2018, I missed having one around. So in January of 2019, I was told about 2 cats who were brother & sister and that after 6 years ( had them since they were 8 weeks old) she didn't want them any more, and was going to have them put down. On January 16th, 2019 I adopted in my home.
    A year and 7 months later, they are 8 almost 9 years old, and doing really good and are happy. The female still has problems with her front paws, previous guardian had her front claws removed, which I hate, and she still has problems with them and probably always will.
    I can't imagine life without them, they are so sweet and loving.
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    @cpnknight, your little lady is really pretty and cute. She is blessed to have been taken into your family. 😃
  • LucyBzz
    LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
    I'm not quite sure how we are supposed to "report in" but I'll try:
    • Current weight: 196
    • Goal weight: 160 by end June 2021
    • Interim goal: 185 (Ideally 180) by Christmas
    A weird week - have not been hungry but have also not met the 1200 minimum several days. Slightly over today partly due to not planning meals & grazing a bit on what was there ... and the strawberries & cream (more strawberries than cream though!) ...
    I remain very skeptical of the "you have earned x calories from exercise" - my total steps are only 6000 for today which doesn't feel enough to eat anything back! Obviously on those days when I walk >10000, I will eat some back

Next week will be more challenging as I have no fresh salad etc left & won't be shopping for about 2 more weeks (COVID-19 means that I am only grocery shopping every 3-4 weeks) I have some fresh veggies left & lots of frozen but salad just doesn't keep so I end up eating loads for a week, then not so much. In non-COVID times I would shop multiple times a week
  • sherim1963
    sherim1963 Posts: 7 Member
    Running a little late. I have been trying to load a picture so you could meet my little one, Mollie. She is a 3 year old tuxedo cat
    She is very obnoxious, but also very lovable.
    I didn't think to do measurements, so I will have to add that in next week. My stats for this week:
    7/26 - 242.6
    7/27 - 242.6
    7/28 - 242.2
    7/29 - 241.6
    7/30 - 241.2
    7/31 - 241.6
    8/01 - 237.2
    8/02 - 239.2
    I know what LucyBzz means. It is hard to get to the store to get the produce for fresh salads all of the time. I've lost some food because I've over bought and it didn't last.

Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,711 Member
    eapar507 wrote: »
    @grandrory great photos of your proposed garden sight, I know it is hard work preparing the spot and doing the work now for next year is the best plan. Here is a photo of my chickens enjoying helping me clear my spot lol

k2nnzmigzjx3.jpg

I love your helpful chickens!!! ❤️❤️
    grandrory wrote: »
    Decided to take pictures of myself at the beginning of this journey, also took my measurements when weighing in this morning.
    Neck 16"
    Chest 48"
    Waist 43.5"
    Hips 47.2"
    I wanted to take upper arm and thigh measurements but that's hard to do by myself. Next time my daughter comes out I'll get her to measure for me.302hrpcrds7n.jpeg
    gnsq1vjo7dhu.jpeg

Looking good! It’s great to take pictures along the way. 📸👍
  • jm216
    @jm216 . Your pooch is so precious. I love dogs and any animal!! I wish I could walk my Tinkerbell more, but she is up there in age and the heat and humidity really bother her after just a short time. She used to go on all of our hikes and she would walk the entire hike sometimes 5-7 miles. If it got too steep or rocky my dh would put her in his backpack and she would enjoy the view lol .

z0w84hbog82q.jpg
    tdv98rp1ktyj.jpg

Tinker bell is so sweet!❤️ I love the backpack pooch look...your hubby is so sweet to carry her.
  • jm216
    @jm216, you have such a beautiful dog.

Thank you!❤️
    Is that your kitty in your picture?

@jm216, not the first picture you saw, but the one up now is my baby girl Zara, and I also have her brother Izzy (they are litter mates) about 8 years old.
    I need to figure out how to take pictures and be able to post them on this thread.

How sweet! I love kitties. ❤️
    To post a picture, up at the top of the post there is a picture of a camera icon and a picture of a landscape photo Icon. Choose the landscape icon an it will post a bigger picture.

I had 2 cats... litter mates like yours... one for 18 years and the other for 19 years... Tigger and Pooh. The house was so lonely after Tigger passed away, so 2 months later we brought Roxie home. She just turned 8 in June. ❤️
  • jm216
    cpnknight wrote: »

The way I post them is by using a dud FB account to store the pictures then link them from there...
    I have no doubt that there is an easier way but this worked for me so I am happy...

Here is a picture of my little lady.
    Lily
    1k6hgyzxovl1.png

Not the most lady like of positions but she was happy under the bed...
    We got her from a neglectful home. The woman who owned her got herself a boyfriend who hated cats and used to kick her, even kicked her down the stairs on, at least, one occasion!
    She is quite happy these days though.

She is so pretty!!!

I cant understand how anyone could hurt an animal. I bet she is a very happy kitty living with you.

I agree! I’m so glad she lives with you now!!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Good morning! Well MFP told me today is my ninth anniversary, so I have been here awhile. I have started over numerous times during those nine years. Today is no exception. Time to make some goals and work to reach them.
    SW: 215.4 (today)
    1st goal: 200
    2nd goal: 180
    3rd goal: 160
    Goal weight: ~145

So I am setting goals and will work towards them. I haven't been exercising for a long time, but love to lift weights. I plan to start with walking first, then some weight training.
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    jm216 wrote: »

We got her from a neglectful home. The woman who owned her got herself a boyfriend who hated cats and used to kick her, even kicked her down the stairs on, at least, one occasion!

She is so pretty!!!

I cant understand how anyone could hurt an animal. I bet she is a very happy kitty living with you.[/quote]

I agree! I’m so glad she lives with you now!!![/quote]

She rules the roost with an iron claw!
    She got a mad 2 minutes on a few weeks ago and charged up the stairs. We heard one of our boys cry out (he is 18 and 6' 7" tall) and then she charged down again.... it appears that she ran upstairs, attacked the lad and then charged back down....for no apparent reason!

• jm216
    cpnknight wrote: »
    jm216 wrote: »

She is so pretty!!!

I cant understand how anyone could hurt an animal. I bet she is a very happy kitty living with you.

I agree! I’m so glad she lives with you now!!![/quote]

She rules the roost with an iron claw!
    She got a mad 2 minutes on a few weeks ago and charged up the stairs. We heard one of our boys cry out (he is 18 and 6' 7" tall) and then she charged down again.... it appears that she ran upstairs, attacked the lad and then charged back down....for no apparent reason!

[/quote]
    Sound like she was on a tear! I have a 19 year old son who is 6’5”... 😁
  • jm216
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Good morning! Well MFP told me today is my ninth anniversary, so I have been here awhile. I have started over numerous times during those nine years. Today is no exception. Time to make some goals and work to reach them.
    SW: 215.4 (today)
    1st goal: 200
    2nd goal: 180
    3rd goal: 160
    Goal weight: ~145

So I am setting goals and will work towards them. I haven't been exercising for a long time, but love to lift weights. I plan to start with walking first, then some weight training.

Happy 9th MFP anniversary. I’m an old timer here, too. It just shows that we never give up!!❤️

Great goal setting👍👍
  • jm216
    Confession time: I’m back up to 219 pounds after eating the most delicious nut-filled birthday cookies for my husband’s 52nd birthday.

His coworkers sent these beautifully thick and chunky cookies to our house, since my hubby is still working from home. No one but me likes nuts in our family, so I ate all of the nut cookies.

It was wonderful to eat them, but I felt horribly guilty afterwards. But, instead of going completely off the rails and continuing this caloric binge-fest, I logged each and every cookie. Yes, I went well over my calorie goals, but I counted each cookie. This made me feel better and back in control.

Thanks for listening!

Jill 🍪
  • eapar507
    @jm216 your post is a good example of what we all need to learn to do if we are going to be successful long term. How many of us has slipped up and then decided to just throw in the towel for the rest of the day, then week, ect and before you know it one little slip turns into 10lbs gained. I am raising my hand 🖐 here. Thank you for sharing this with us. Great job on logging the cookies and moving on!!! 😊
  • jm216
    @jm216 your post is a good example of what we all need to learn to do if we are going to be successful long term. How many of us has slipped up and then decided to just throw in the towel for the rest of the day, then week, ect and before you know it one little slip turns into 10lbs gained. I am raising my hand 🖐 here. Thank you for sharing this with us. Great job on logging the cookies and moving on!!! 😊

Thanks Ellen!
    Guilt is my nemesis when it comes to food, but I will no longer let it win. These are lifetime changes, and we’re all going to experience these along the way.
  • tracey18110
    tracey18110 Posts: 1 Member
    This looks like a lovely group, I feel I could have written most of these posts myself, I am 56, 5ft10 and 125kg (275lb) and miserable about it. So back on MFP and logging everything, determined to lose now, a little afraid of all the news report around being obese and C19 if thats not a motivator I dont know what is. Trying intermittent fasting and counting calories, and walking 2miles every day (min) hoping to see some results soon! The struggle is most definitely real
  • jm216
    This looks like a lovely group, I feel I could have written most of these posts myself, I am 56, 5ft10 and 125kg (275lb) and miserable about it. So back on MFP and logging everything, determined to lose now, a little afraid of all the news report around being obese and C19 if thats not a motivator I dont know what is. Trying intermittent fasting and counting calories, and walking 2miles every day (min) hoping to see some results soon! The struggle is most definitely real

Welcome Tracey18110!

Welcome to the team. 😁
    We do a weekly check in on Sunday...use one of our formats, or make your own... we’re very flexible. Post as often as you’d like. We’re just happy you’re on this healthy journey with us.

Jill☀️
  • jm216
    This is one of my favorite YouTube workouts. It’s a great way to sneak in 8 minutes of dancing. They call it a warm up... to me it’s medium intensity. If there is a move that my body won’t do, I just walk in place.

https://youtu.be/Xewf0Ecyrfs
  • eapar507
    I pray everyone here is not in the path of the storm coming up the east coast. Tornados touched down in Delaware not far from my home. Thank God we are all fine. Power is out. Stay safe everyone.

46sgx3cj0aqz.jpeg