8/6: 6.22 miles
    8/9: 11.02 miles
    8/11: 5.51 miles
    8/12: 6.05 miles
    8/13: 6.02 miles
    8/16: 10.13 miles

68.39/100 miles completed for August

884.40/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I ran 10 miles this morning. It was a tough run.  When I left the house at 5:54 am it was 78°F with a dew point of 63° and 60% humidity. But it felt more humid than that. The first couple of miles were a bit of a struggle.  Then I kind of got into the zone but by the last couple of miles I was ready to be done. It wasn't a bad run, but I am over the heat. I guess it wasn't 105° like it is now,  but it was still not very pleasant. I did see a couple of bunnies though and a bumblebee. And I was able to run through a water sprinkler.

My dad seems to be doing better. I got to face time with him a little while ago. He is still a little drowsy, but all things considered he is doing well. 

@marisap2010 I hope you get relief from the headaches soon and that you get negative results from your Covid test.

@hamsterwheel6 I'm so sorry about your cousin. Cancer sucks and Covid just seems to make times like that even harder.

@quilteryoyo You are definitely a hard core runner now. 😲

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @hamsterwheel6 I’m so sorry about your cousin.

@shanaber I heard from my person later the same day - I only signed up at the last possible minute, and she runs in the evenings, so my guess is she just hadn’t gotten to it. We have 12.6 miles out of 50 already, we may be upgrading to the 100 if this keeps up!

@quilteryoyo Now I want to run to “Run On” aka “God’s gonna cut ‘em down,” by the Golden Gate Quartet. I go through music phases and I haven’t listened to Southern Gospel Quartet music in a while, thanks for turning me back onto it!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,707 Member
    Hugs to @marisap2010 and @hamsterwheel6

@quilteryoyo - we are going to ditch that struggle bus this Fall and be so strong for it! Sorry about your little accident!

Since I short changed my plan by a mile yesterday I headed to our local park and ran a little over 5 miles on the Trail early this morning. I saw a couple that I knew who were walking but other than that only a groundhog, rabbits and deer were around. I rotate from WFH back to the office this week. Ugh!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo You are definitely a hard core runner now. 😲

HA! Yep... has happened to most of us I think... the rest it will happen to if they keep at it. :)

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    @kgirlhart Way to hang in there and get your 10 miles. This humidity is zapping everyone's energy, I think. Glad your dad is doing better and you were able to face time with him.

@Teresa502 Yes....we WILL ditch that struggle bus and be wowed by how strong we are. Glad you got a trail run in today. All I saw on my driveway were mushrooms growing along the side....and my doggie, of course. Didn't even see a squirrel, but did hear a turkey.
  • InkedAtty57
    InkedAtty57 Posts: 19 Member
    8/8 3.5 miles 3.5/50
    8/9 10.5 miles 14.0/50
    8/12 4.0 miles 18.0/50
    8/14 2.5 miles 20.5/50
    8/16 3.25 miles 23.75/50

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Wow @katharmonic!! Just Wow! I am finding myself looking forward to your pictures and living vicariously through your hiking!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    Wow @katharmonic!! Just Wow! I am finding myself looking forward to your pictures and living vicariously through your hiking!

Ditto! Am so envious of the beautiful scenery you get to explore. Keep those pics coming. X
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »

Ditto! Am so envious of the beautiful scenery you get to explore. Keep those pics coming. X

Very envious!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,707 Member
    Love the pictures @katharmonic! What amazing views!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    @rheddmobile Glad I could remind you of the Southern Gospel Quartets. It really was enjoyable music to run by.

@katharmonic Another beautiful hike. And again amazed that you run after hiking for 9 hours.

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @hamsterwheel6 Sorry to hear about your cousin. I know it is difficult to not be able to visit. *hugs*

@shanaber Yes, I’ve had some extra caffeine, plus I started taking magnesium. I had a deficiency in high school, which was part of the reason for my prior migraines.

@katharmonic Beautiful!
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    08/01-08/16: 12.7
    08/17: 4.7

exercise.png
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    ABabilonia wrote: »
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @katharmonic @Teresa502 @ABabilonia add me to the Ghost fan club 😆 I have been in Ghosts for over 4 years now. I have tried a multitude of others from other companies and other Brooks, but always come back to the Ghost. I hope the 13's don't change too much too. Have had 3 pairs of the 12's, and will go to the 13's when I can't find anymore 12's.

I absolutely love the Ghost 13. They don't feel much different to the 12. I was initially going to buy the 12, but unfortunately my width (4E) was out of stock. I was ready to maybe try New Balance or Asics Gel Kayano when I saw the Ghost 13☺️. Definitely my favorite shoe.

@RunsOnEspresso Your dog is so super cute. I was thinking about buying a dog, so he/she could be my running partner, but due to unusual circumstances I ended up with this little guy. He may not be my running partner, but he is definitely cute 🤭

2mlr3qfaz7il.jpg

don't give up hope. i see minpins, schipperkes, pomeranians, dachshunds at my canicross races. i've had corgi and border terrier fosters who loved to run. plus it's fun to see their tiny feet go
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    @AlphaHowls you are seriously my hero. You're just amazing.