For August 6:
    Today is:
    Atomic bombing of Hiroshima Memorial Day Worldwide
    Farmworkers Appreciation Day Worldwide
    Transfiguration of Jesus (Christian) Worldwide
    Fresh Breath Day Worldwide
    International Sailor Moon Day Worldwide
    Cyber culture Day Worldwide
    National root beer float Day US ( wanna meet at A&W? Lol)
    Wiggle Your Tows Day Worldwide
    IPA (Indian Pale Ale) Day Worldwide
    Independence Day Bolivia
    Independence Day Jamaica

Many somber things to remember but also some fun stuff!

I’m doing well with my IF of 16/8 and Keto. Walking more too but scale not moving yet. Only been about a week and a half and I know it will work eventually but getting frustrated anyway.

Adding the 10 minute daily meditations helps my mood. Just started that so hope to see a real effect after a period of time.

Humid here today which is odd but hope to go for a long walk shortly. Temps are not too bad in mornings now.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I have an App I use to track and help with the fasting. PM me if you want the name. One of the tasks to read today I thought would be helpful here. Had to take screenshots so check out the spoiler. I understand the reasoning before I read this. This reinforces what i thought. On calories:
    RvRita
    0indh7b6pmcf.png
    8wwia18310ok.png
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did Debbie Siebers Keep it Up DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a step DVD

Suesh - welcome! One of the best things you can do is to do an exercise that you enjoy. Good luck and keep coming back. I KNEW someone would mention the star to bookmark this site, so I won’t repeat it.

Carol and Tracey
    – yup, we save money and I save time. I guess I got in the habit before the covid stuff. I was usually always out and about and just being able to pull something out of the freezer was a godsend, I didn’t really have to even think. Plus…I could prelog

Tracey – you have some wonderful pieces of jewelry there. I found a picture of me as a baby. At least I could have sworn it was me. Vince didn’t think so, he thought the hair on this child was too light. So I called my cousin who is 10 years older than I am (she would remember me as a baby), texted her a picture of that picture and without hesitation she said “oh, that’s you” I’m trying to make a wall of the generations. I have pictures of Vince’s great-grandparents, grandparents, his parents, unfortunately, there is only one of my grandparents. I guess they thought a photographer was a waste of money.

BayBay – welcome!

Michele NC
    Who is off to the pool
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)<3B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    Just found out the stable where I ride horses was hit hard by Isaias. They will be closed for a bit. They lost a lot of fencing. But the people and animals are okay so far.

Drat. That was my main outing of the week. Not to be selfish, but I will really miss riding.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Well im up here at Faiths
    Generator running,and my DB is out getting some lemonade zero water and bananas for Faith..
    Going to ask him .. why doesn't Jean take mom up to the lake while the electric and stuff is getting fixed.. would make sense.. they have electricity, running water and all up at the lake house..
    But she would rather leave work early come pick up the dog and leave her mom here >:)
    I just cant understand people sometimes and this is your own mother.. meanwhile she will leave Sean here to run generator and deal with tree removal.. im supposed to stay woth Faith this weekend
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Burned 800-ish calories between elliptical and yardwork, and just a couple minor twinges from the knee, reminders such as not bending the knee into a lunge position while picking weeds that are uphill from me. So I won't do that.

Was 64 degrees when I went out, and getting warmer. Am contemplating going back out again and accomplishing something more complex than just picking up sticks, but on the phone with my best friend, and finally cooled down.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,724 Member
    Options
    J
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    We are all preparing for our little heatwave. Today is hot, but bearable. I have the curtains closed. This only happens a few days a year, so very, very few private houses have AC. Tomorrow and Saturday will be in the High 90s. I hope the coast will keep it down a bit for us. I HATE hot weather. :# I may go upstairs and put the fan on tonight. Especially if DH is going to be reading half the night with anxiety. Of course, he may be fine and sleep and I will be awake worrying. ;) Best if I get out of the way.
    He is so skinny he doesn't feel the heat. Like a lizard, he loves it.

Been watching a new Michael Moseley. Lose a stone in 21 days. It's fairly extreme, but the participants have various health problems like pre diabetes, high cholesterol etc, fat bellies etc. I'm enjoying watching it while I'm rowing and biking and re-motivated to rein my eating a little bit, though I would take 14 weeks to lose a stone (14 lbs). That would be too skinny for me, but I'm fed up with my stomach rolls. :# Even 5 lbs would make me feel a whole lot better. :D
    According to my CICO calculations I should lose 1 lb a week on my current eating, but it isn't happening. So a little more trimming of CI is required. I think one difference is that I'm not burning incidental calories in my daily life, only intentional ones. Because we are still isolating, we don't just go out and about doing things. Some days I don't leave the house. I used to catch the bus into town and wander about, or go out to an activity. Now, unless I am actually 'exercising' I'm not moving about much.
    I have lost a couple of pounds since lockdown, but I would like to be svelte again. :D I don't look bad standing up, but sitting down ......... :o

My curried beansprouts smell heavenly!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    BayBay You can do it! Welcome to this group.

Heather Stay cool!!! Starting to cool at nights here and I am loving it!

PIP K

Lisa That sounds cool for Ark. Knee problems are no friend to yardwork.

Grandmalle Feeling for you and others in your area. Storm cleanup can be exhausting. Hopefully, they get lines back up soon and power restored. We never realize how we depend on electricity until it goes off.

Annie Great you still ride. I haven't in years. Glad the animals were safe.

Michele I get winded just reading your post. I was never dedicated enough to workout with videos. They are a great resource. I remember back in the day trying to workout with TV exercise shows.

Rita Even when I was 70 lbs over, I was never a calorie counter. I was more concerned about quality food and balanced diet and lots of exercises. I think the quality of the calorie influences the quantity and also a quality calorie burns more efficient than one like refined sugar.

Katla Since COVID, Washington licensed fisherpeople for sturgeon are catch and release only. Oregon is 1 per day and 2 per year, 38-inch minimum, and 54-inch maximum fork length to be kept and then catch and release during the season. I think some of the places below dams have more restrictions. I have never caught one and no longer enjoy fishing and boats are taboo for me, but I have seen several caught over the years. The best was an 8-year-old girl that snagged one and her mom was right there and grabbed her and the rod holder as she wasn't letting go for love or money. I grabbed under the pole to keep the tip up and her dad and friends waded out and guided the line and yelled instructions. Right, left, slack, now reel, etc. What still tickles me to this day is the girl kept saying, "I got this, I got this." A crowd gathered and there must have been 50 people including boats coming over to see what the commotion was about. It took about 45 minutes. This was before cell phones so no videos and only one in the crowd had a camera and got the beaming little fisher girl by this 13-foot fish before the guys helped the fish back to the river.

Faye now hair of gray
    Remembering tales of the river
    hc5v4zcfqufy.jpg

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: Thanks for the reminder about Hiroshima Bombing Day. :star: My dad was a Sea Bee on a Navy vessel in the Solomon Islands in WWII. His ship was bombed and set on fire by Japanese Kamakazi fighters. Dad lived, but was terrified of fire and had nightmares for the balance of his life. He most certainly thought that bombing Hiroshima was necessary. With the wisdom of time, I understand how horrible it was for those Japanese civilians living in Hiroshima at that time. :broken_heart:

Annie in DE: I am so sorry for the damage done by the hurricane to your riding stable, but grateful that the people and horses survived. :star:

Faye: I love your sturgeon catch and release story. :smiley:

I went grocery shopping with DH during meat sales at both of our local grocery stores. I will be doing quite a bit of foodsaver work in a little while. We aren’t likely to starve in the foreseeable future. I was also able to by the brown rice that I favor. I like medium grain brown rice. :heart:

Katla in Beauftiful NW Oregon
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Another long day, I don’t know how u shopaholics love to do this, it is awful! Got 2 nightstands at Wayfair, crap stuff is expensive or I am cheap!!

Stuff is far too expensive.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    For August 6:
    Today is:
    Atomic bombing of Hiroshima Memorial Day Worldwide
    Farmworkers Appreciation Day Worldwide
    Transfiguration of Jesus (Christian) Worldwide
    Fresh Breath Day Worldwide
    International Sailor Moon Day Worldwide
    Cyber culture Day Worldwide
    National root beer float Day US ( wanna meet at A&W? Lol)
    Wiggle Your Tows Day Worldwide
    IPA (Indian Pale Ale) Day Worldwide
    Independence Day Bolivia
    Independence Day Jamaica

Every day should be "fresh breath day." We are big supporters of IPA Day. Usually there are all kinds of "celebrations" around here, since it's such a big IPA community. Not this year, unfortunately.

Tina in CA
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @cityjaneLondon Heather, I was in Trouville for 3 days. I decided to rent a car and stay in airbnbs inland for a week and then the same place has room for 5nights (but this time with toilette in the room so the higher price).

@Machka9 I was thinking what (I can't remember who) said. a night away, or a day trip biking. w my sister we did a bnb and biked one time.but if no money for bnb one could just to a day trip. you could have a fancy place pack their food for takeout. surely MANY places are used to that now withCOVID.

I found a super cheap deal fora car by renting a small utilitarian rather than a car, but then they asked if I need the utilitarian and gave me a car anyway, which is twice the price. this was 179 for last minute for a week.the prices are high at present.

I rented a room in an airbnb not SO far from the sea, not expensive but doesn't seem like a great place.
    It's not dangerous, but it's an ordinary house looking onto busy street.They switched rooms on me for unexplained reason.

It looks to me like their son or a friend came by and they gave him that room.he seems toknow the place and them and be very familiar with them but says he's doing airbnb.

I found the couple on facebook and they look like alcoholic partiers in their 50s. the lady has a smokers voice and the guy was just stuck on the sofa, has a drawn face, and barely said hello; fortunately there are supposedly 3 other rooms so I'm not alone with them.
    it kind of stinks because it's so hot, it's nice to be inside and rest during the day but it's not a place I'd want to hang out a ton.

only 2 nights.got here after 7pm, so just one day and 2 nights.i'll just make do, I think. I googled to see If I could find anything but good luck in the 1st 2weeks in august by the sea in France. this year less visitors but also most French people who mostly have at least 3 weeks vacation in summer, are staying in France this year. usually I think 25% of them leave France. I probably would have gone to Italy this year. but leaving the country seems so complicated this year. you have to get tested b4 leaving, often tested upon arriving: risk of cancellation and quarantine, or arrival and quarantine... It seemed too risky.

I think I'd much rather b home than at this airbnb.

I booked another one for 3 nights just after, but now I'm concerned. I can cancel the next one for up to tomorrow.
    maybe I should have kept the utilitarian and slept in it!

I'm a bit bored so have been having a nice lunch time meal out most days. I went to a nice place today and yesterday. since it's more pricey than i'mused to I just got a main dish. they were great.

I have a horrible case of sniffles and sneezes. it stinks when travelling.plus when you have any symptom, some people freak out even though sneezes are not supposed to be COVID.

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    For August 6:
    Today is:
    IPA (India Pale Ale) Day Worldwide

Every day should be "fresh breath day." We are big supporters of IPA Day. Usually there are all kinds of "celebrations" around here, since it's such a big IPA community. Not this year, unfortunately.

Tina in CA

My husband loves IPAs, and has taken to brewing his own. Considering how expensive beer is now, it's actually a savings, as well. He can brew eighteen 16-oz bottles for about a third of the price of one six-pack of 12-oz bottles here. Plus he's having fun with it. I never have liked the taste of alcohol, but like the yeasty, grain smells of beer brewing.

Lisa in AR
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    For August 6:
    Today is:
    IPA (India Pale Ale) Day Worldwide

Tina in CA

My husband loves IPAs, and has taken to brewing his own. Considering how expensive beer is now, it's actually a savings, as well. He can brew eighteen 16-oz bottles for about a third of the price of one six-pack of 12-oz bottles here. Plus he's having fun with it. I never have liked the taste of alcohol, but like the yeasty, grain smells of beer brewing.

Lisa in AR

My mister has been brewing his own beer for over 10 years now. He has what is essentially a pub in his man cave. He has 6 beers on draft at any given time. We actually bought this house because we needed the extra space for his "brewery" and I needed it out of the house. He has also started making wine now.

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Tina in CA: When I see the letters IPA in a capitalized group, I think it means India Pale Ale. Am I on the right track? :huh:

Lisa in AR: I love knowing your DH has a beer brewing hobby. Our son enjoyed beer brewing for a time. He’s moved along to other interests. I don’t think he has time for it these days, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him returning to this hobby in the future. :star:

I spotted a tribe of tiny black ants climbing the outside wall of our house to drink at the bird feeder again. I raid-sprayed the outside wall and window, and I also put down a bunch of ant traps. DH has ordered more at my request. We had a frost free and freeze free winter and the bugs seemed to survive all too well. We also put down ant traps inside the house along with the herbs. Peppermint and German Thyme both worked very well inside the house without spraying Raid inside. They even made it smell nice to my human nose.

• sh0tzz99
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Tina in CA: When I see the letters IPA in a capitalized group, I think it means India Pale Ale. Am I on the right track? :huh:

That is what IPA means in this case.