WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Anne DE – I am so so sorry about the riding stable. I know how much I look forward to going to the soup kitchen. That’s my one big outing for the week. So I can understand your feeling of loss

Heather
    – I would much prefer the heat to the cold. Just not humidity!

Went to WalMart this morning, then the Dollar Tree since I made a mistake on one dish towel so I was hoping to get another like it, only they didn’t have one. So I tried another Dollar Tree – same thing. Then went to Kohl’s to see if they might not have some dish towels on sale, but they didn’t (not at a good price, anyway). Then home.

We have friends who are really into making wine. A while ago they made some lemonchello. Did that ever have a kick! I know the husband is a real beer drinker so I’m a bit surprised that they don’t brew their own beer. Maybe they do by now!!!

Ktmusher
    – welcome

Rebecca
    – I’m so sorry for all the deaths in your family

Jess just asked Vince if he would help Colby move. He’s moving to Iowa with Jess. I can’t help it, it’s the worry-wort mother in me, but I do hope he isn’t a distraction for her studies.

Decided that I really don’t like the black yarn that I was using on the one towel. Since I already made the holes and they are starting to fill in, looks like I’ll have to buy another towel. Hope I can find some black yarn inexpensively. I’ll look at the Salvation Army. Started on a cross-stitch today. It’s going to take a long time to do, but that’s OK.

Michele in NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    The nicest place I’ve ever stayed wasn’t at a hotel, it was Num-Ti-Jah Lodge in Lake Louise. It was beautiful, no cell service and no televisions I have never relaxed so much in all my life.

You can find it on FB or google.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,714 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day

Outside slow jog w/yogi n kirby- 23.39min, 150mhr, 10.50min mi, 2.1mi= 249c
    Other- unloading PID- moving in, 320min, 120mhr= 700c

Total cal 949
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    The nicest place I’ve ever stayed wasn’t at a hotel, it was Num-Ti-Jah Lodge in Lake Louise. It was beautiful, no cell service and no televisions I have never relaxed so much in all my life.

You can find it on FB or google.

Tracey in Edmonton

Looks gorgeous!!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Debbie in Napa, actually, if you have some good curliness available, short is wonderful. I tried mine long again after my husband died. Back to short wash ‘n wear 2 years later.

have always had mine long- with the exception of my husband "trimming" it, the only thing I have done is trim the ends no more than an inch at a time- It grows so slow- like it doesn't seem to ever get longer. My hair, now that I know the products to use, is one of the things I do like about myself. I found that Pantene curl activator line of products works great- gives me nice ringlet type curls and no frizz. When dry and curly, it is still past my waste.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Nice!

Mine is also long like that but just wavy, not really curly.

Machka in Oz

thank you!!

Debbie
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    Options
    I love long hair, especially curly! My DSIL has fabulous long red curls, just like a Pre Raphaelite painting. Luckily she doesn't have to wash it too often. My thin straight shoulder length hair gets still really greasy, even at 70. The state of my hair is closely related to how I feel. I am my hair. :o
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Anne DE – I am so so sorry about the riding stable. I know how much I look forward to going to the soup kitchen. That’s my one big outing for the week. So I can understand your feeling of loss

Went to WalMart this morning, then the Dollar Tree since I made a mistake on one dish towel so I was hoping to get another like it, only they didn’t have one. So I tried another Dollar Tree – same thing. Then went to Kohl’s to see if they might not have some dish towels on sale, but they didn’t (not at a good price, anyway). Then home.

Michele in NC

How is the Soup Kitchen your one big outing for the week when you went to 4 stores in one day alone? You seem to go to multiple stores everyday. Aren't those all outings?

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Machka Wow your hair is fabulous!

Faye in Or
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Crazy how one morning it is 75 degrees and the next 65. Soon it will be time to move my lightweight Lole walking jacket to a more prominent position in the closet. Windows open and house temp down to 65, but not closing up as dawn approaches. Enjoying the morning air, the aroma of my coffee, and living to see another dawn.

Faye
    gmbgcx9clnmt.jpg

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Machka Wow your hair is fabulous!

Faye in Or

Thanks!! :) And my avatar does look a bit like me ... a more slender me ... but the hair and glasses are about right. :)

M in Oz