WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    I’m glad we have a garage, we don’t have a house!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day

Walking- 38.48min, 1.78mi= 146c
    Other- more unpacking 163min I = 500c

Total cal 649
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    I placed an order with WalMart for home delivery. One of the items I ordered was Cream of Tartar. I thought it was expensive but I know that some spices are more expensive than others. Anyway, WalMart purchased it from Amazon. I just checked the price on Amazon. For 6 pack it $22.14. WalMart charged me $11.71. I don’t believe this!

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,528 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks ladies, being that I was the youngest sister, I was a freshman in high school when I was introduced to stepfathers whole family. I was texting my eldest sister yesterday, when I told her about his passing. I remember his family being really welcoming. My father's side of the family kind of snubbed my Mom and I sadly. They just didn't know how to handle the divorce, or what to say to us. Being that it was my father that wanted the divorce, not my Mom, they felt guilty maybe. my step sister and I had a great phone conversation though. Both our families are slowly passing away, and it just makes you more thankful for the family left.

Today our grocery shopping was fun. I did not play the prices game, but I still stayed about $160. I even bought some expensive olive bruscetta sauce, and some nice blue cheese crumbles kind of expensive too. I bought some street taco sized tortillas, and I plan to cook up some kielbasa sausage with the olive bruscetta, and mozzarella shredded cheese like small pizzas! I passed up many items, they just didn't appeal to me. I bought a lot of protein, fats and very little carbs. I bought cucumbers, I will pickle. I plan on making some great cold slaw with the cabbage I have, and some red onions I got today. I also bought avocados, chicken, turkey slices, and vine tomatoes. Yummy!😁

I am officially a food snob!
    💖Rebecca
    angnu36si5pn.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,138 Member
    Options
    Perms - I used to have perms in my early 20's, but for some reason when we moved to Alberta my hair became naturally curly. It is hard to manage and I straighten it a lot. Two years ago though, my daughter was in hairdressing school and needed a model for a perm twice and I volunteered. The perm actually helped control my curls and I have enjoyed it a lot since then.

Have a great day,
    Tracey in Edmonton

I had the opposite thing when I moved to Alberta. My hair curls in humidity so when I lived in Manitoba, it was wavy or even curly in long ringlets. But when I moved to Alberta where it is so dry, my hair straightened.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Me and my hair ... :)

mqd48d2c9lqc.pngbcl0g9lgfnjo.png

Machka in Oz

love the color and it looks so nice and thick. Mine has never been that thick.

Debbie
    Napa Valley

Thanks! The colour isn't natural ... natural is mousy brown with grey. I dye the under half a dark rich brown and the top half a reddish colour. That combination seems to add some depth to it, rather than all one colour. I need to do it again soon.

I get it cut to one length once or twice a year ... this is just before the shutdown ...

zlmho932933z.png

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    The fraught with peril shopping trip for the week is done--the liquor store for a bottle of wine, Walmart for grocery shopping, and Aldi's, because they have the best ground beef around. And the "fraught with peril" is that, while everyone is wearing masks, as the governor mandated, they just canNOT seem to stay six feet away. Seriously feel I'm ducking and dodging in any store. I want to start screaming, "You have a seat belt AND airbags on your car. Why can't you figure out masks AND six feet apart?" Am just over this whole mess.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

I know exactly how you feel. I work in the middle of Hobart and it's not just offices, it's a shopping area too. So the minute I step out the door of my office building I'm among people. Most will keep a little bit of distance but even in doing that, they're only maybe a metre away. I was standing in a store when the store safety announcements came on telling everyone that they needed to be 2 arm lengths away. I looked to my right and left and the people on either side were only 1 arm length away, they had hemmed me in so I had to squeeze out from between them.

The people who are the best at following the instructions are the Asians. They're great!

Next week, I think I'll head for the waterfront. Now that the cruise ships aren't coming in, it's quieter there.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Friday evening ... nice and quiet.

I have been out and about way too much for my liking this week and I'm exhausted.

[*] Shopping ... or actually "window shopping" looking for ideas of what to get for my husband's birthday. And I did get a few things.
    [/list]

Machka in Oz

A gift idea for his special day-
    I did this for my former hubby for his 60th birthday a few months ago- It will not cost much if anything but will take a lot of thought/time.
    I made a little scrap book that each page had a word/phrase that made him special to me. You can embellish as much or as little as you want. 60 pages for 60 things that make him HIM.
    I used a pack of scrap booking paper and just tied the corner-
    He loved it, even his current wife thought it was nice.

Debbie
    Napa Valley

I did something like that for our first anniversary (11 years ago). :)

I brought home cannelloni for dinner, and had ordered a couple small cakes and nice ice cream to be delivered in our grocery order, so we had that while watching Better Homes and Gardens. :)

I had suggested going to several different places or getting take-away, but he told me he preferred eating at home and not being out among people. He said a nice quiet dinner with just us and gardening on TV suited him. He has been very risk aversive since his accident, finds crowds too much to deal with in general, and doesn't like being out among people in this C19 situation.

I got him gardening books and 3 of the kind of caps he likes to wear when he is outside. He hasn't had a new cap in 3 years! One has some wool in the material so it should be warm on these chilly days.

And we'll celebrate with Rowan's sister a bit later. :)

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,014 Member
    Options

I have been out and about way too much for my liking this week and I'm exhausted.

[*] Shopping ... or actually "window shopping" looking for ideas of what to get for my husband's birthday. And I did get a few things.
    [/list]

Machka in Oz

I did this for my former hubby for his 60th birthday a few months ago- It will not cost much if anything but will take a lot of thought/time.
    I made a little scrap book that each page had a word/phrase that made him special to me. You can embellish as much or as little as you want. 60 pages for 60 things that make him HIM.

Debbie
    Napa Valley

M in Oz

Time for another one ;)
  • Machka9
    Options

[/list]

Machka in Oz

Debbie
    Napa Valley

M in Oz

Time for another one ;)

It's a bit difficult ... since his accident (severe traumatic brain injury), he's not HIM. It's not a bad thing. He's just a different person than the one I married and I'm still figuring out who he is ... and I've become a bit more of a carer than a wife. But one thing I would like to do when I have more time is to have a nice photo album printed of us together. I've got the photos all gathered in Flickr, it will just be a matter of doing it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157621786260063/page1

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    Options

[/list]

Machka in Oz

Debbie
    Napa Valley

M in Oz

Time for another one ;)

It's a bit difficult ... since his accident (severe traumatic brain injury), he's not HIM. It's not a bad thing. He's just a different person than the one I married and I'm still figuring out who he is ... and I've become a bit more of a carer than a wife. But one thing I would like to do when I have more time is to have a nice photo album printed of us together. I've got the photos all gathered in Flickr, it will just be a matter of doing it.

M in Oz

Shutterfly does amazing ones- my husband and son made one for me for Christmas one year- that was the best gift- didn't cost them anything(used a coupon code) but it took their time. Something that husband doesn't do often- he thinks buying things makes things ok but what I want more is for him to spend more time with me- tired of being the maid and nothing more.
  • Machka9
    Options

[/list]

Machka in Oz

Debbie
    Napa Valley

M in Oz

Time for another one ;)

M in Oz

Shutterfly does amazing ones- my husband and son made one for me for Christmas one year- that was the best gift- didn't cost them anything(used a coupon code) but it took their time. Something that husband doesn't do often- he thinks buying things makes things ok but what I want more is for him to spend more time with me- tired of being the maid and nothing more.

Thanks, I'll have a look at Shutterfly!
  • dlfk202000
    Options

[/list]

Machka in Oz

Debbie
    Napa Valley

M in Oz

Time for another one ;)

M in Oz

Thanks, I'll have a look at Shutterfly!

I just checked there site- I know it is short notice- 50% off but ends Sunday- I am sure there are others
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    I got perms as a child ... usually Toni perms.

My last perm was a long hair one done in a salon in about 1998. This is me with the perm, my mother and grandmother. :)

While I liked it that curly, I don't think I'd get another perm. Plus, as long as I live somewhere humid, I can get about halfway there using mousse and scrunching my hair while drying it.

6nc0xa4ru8aa.png

Machka in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Machka9
    Options