• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Wishing Kim a very Happy Birthday today!!! t3332.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,113 Member
    Options
    A couple of my goals for a couple months from now! :)

ld35ilib0mi5.png

6cidkbpwgk0w.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Dellafayefox: I’m a fan of romance and have a list of favorite authors. As a child I wanted to write fiction. As an adult, that desire seemed to wane. Heather is a published author. Perhaps she will have some insight to help. :flowerforyou:

Charsuzy aka COSAFE1: I’m sorry your account has been messed up. I have no advice. The original owners were helpful when I had issues. I am still able to chat with this group and to log food and exercise. I'm happy enough. :star:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Options
    ixrh1qau348b.png

11 or possibly 12 for me.
    Respectable book lover. :)

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    edited August 2020
    Options
    M in OZ: Booklovers quiz+ I've never actually counted my books. I have many, some stretching back to childhood. I donated some the the local library book sale and regretted it. I read books from library to go, and reread my own books from time to time. Our town has a free book exchange. There are weather proof "library houses" beside the boat dock ramp in the county park, and the fishing beach city park at the end of our road. I have donated a book or two in those little houses, and taken a book or two as well. I've chosen to return most of the books that I borrow there. I did keep one. :star:

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,327 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I got 13 because I don't follow anyone on social media. ;) Nor do I wear clothes with writing on. ;)

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    but talk of chocs, snakes, and giant insects, really put a damper on this girls happily ever after.

This memory has caused this old tune to play over and over in my head this morning while trying to focus on laundry. I have often wondered what it would be like to be my age living among the aborigines for the last 50 years, wearing a colorful skirt, bare-breasted, with a headscarf, and playing the didgeridoo.

The crocs, snakes and giant insects aren't quite as prevalent as all that. :) Although it does depend where you are. No crocs in my area!

And modern aboriginal women tend to look much like everyone else ... strong, beautiful, intelligent women. :)
    https://www.teaandbelle.com/single-post/2017/10/01/50-Amazing-Tidda-Queens

Australia reminds me very much of Canada. If you were in a Canadian city or an Australian city, you'd feel much the same. You'd do much the same things. There are subtle differences but nothing major.

In the outback ... it would depend where. Could be anything from running a pub to working on a sheep station to something in an office in Alice Springs.

M in Oz
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am a serious reader BUT I don't think following authors or having clothing with declerations on it have much to do with love of reading. They are purely spurious net-culture items. I would argue that a true reader disengages from net-culture and short, canned sentences!
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Feeling rebellious this morning because the last of my best bras has a worn spot on the strap that feels sharp and uncomfortable. That thin flat plastic elastic is the best until the fabric cover wears. Also, my under boob sore is still a bit tender. So I am going topless! Just watered my semi-private patio flowers bare-breasted. broad daylight! All the old guys in the neighborhood are out bare-chested with no regard for my feeling on extreme belly sag and sasquatch like hair, so maybe they need to see what my sports bra has been hiding.

If I had a ride I would consider a day at Rooster Rock. You PDX ladies know what I say saying and yes I have been there in the past. Sometimes a girl just needs a bit of fresh air and sunshine.

Faye Columbia River
    on the bluff in the buff
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Also Faye, you have covered quite a lot of ground. I have never been down to mexico or to to alaska. All my travels have been to settled areas, sometimes remote but settled. Most unsettled has been to New Zealand, and parts of Vermont and Oregon, and some of West Virginia.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Today is August 8::
    World Cat Day
    Sneak some Zucchini on Your Neighbor’s Porch Day - Worldwide
    Augsburg Peace Day -Germany
    Bowling Day -Worldwide
    Saint Dominic Feast Day -Christian Worldwide
    Happiness Happens Day - Worldwide
    Repetition Day, Repetition Day- Worldwide
    Independence Day- Bhutan

Let’s all be happy as we take our cats to the neighbors and drop off some zucchini on their porches. Then we can go to a German owned bowling ally while remembering Saint Dominic. Then peacefully read about Independence Day in Bhutan and Augsburg. While being happy.
    Let’s all be happy as we take our cats to the neighbors and drop off some zucchini on their porches. Then we can go to a German owned bowling ally while remembering Saint Dominic. Then peacefully read about Independence Day in Bhutan and Augsburg. While being happy.
    Let’s all be happy as we take our cats to the neighbors and drop off some zucchini on their porches. Then we can go to a German owned bowling ally while remembering Saint Dominic. Then peacefully read about Independence Day in Bhutan and Augsburg. While being happy Happy happy! (Repeat)

RV Rita
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Options
    M in Oz My old neighbor Zek had aborigine heritage and even back to his grandparents, they lived like modern mainstream for their day. Something about the old ways and primitive cultures that have always appealed to me. The 15 years I spent in the mountains, the first 10 off the grid, are some of my best and worse memories. It is fun to think about, but such living these days would kill me in a short time.

Amazing on that link you provided, that Evelyn Scott looks almost identical to Zek except he has very short hair.

Also #3 on the reading quiz. This is why I don't read much anymore because I read a book until I finish it. Up 2 days straight reading the Nez Perce and the Opening of the Northwest. I read Jurassic Park and called in sick for work, so I could finish it. If I start a book and put it down, I seldom return unless it is a reference book or historical documentation.

Faye in OR
  • Katla49
    edited August 2020
    Options
    DeliaFaye: There is a nude beach on Sauvie Island, too. It is on the Columbia River side of the island. I've never been tempted to join them. :embarassed: I had a teaching friend who went there with her son in the distant past. The nude beach at Rooster Rock State Park is also popular with the folks who want an all over tan. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with that lifestyle, but it isn't for me. :noway:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Kim :flowerforyou:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    KIM ~ Happy, Happy Birthday!
  • Katla49
    Options
    KIM: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Katla ~ Please explain how to change the text color. I knew at one time, but, I have forgotten.

Carol in GA
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Katla Not really for me either in public around strangers. I was at Rooster rock once but wore a bikini. I was kidding about going to RR if I had a ride. That would be my last choice of a day getaway haha! In the windsurfing days before the kiteboards, it was common for surfers coming from work in hot weather to strip nude by their car and then put on a swimsuit. I always wore my sports bikini as underwear so no eyes on me. I will never understand why guys think women are dying to see their stuff.