TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    Machka:
    Depends on your definition of fun. 😂
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    Machka:
    I had fun paddling in the sea on Friday. And chatting with family yesterday.
  • ixchelkeshet
    ixchelkeshet Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Germank106 wrote: »
    Stepped on the scale this morning and the first 10 pounds are gone. Yay me! It feels like a 100 lbs off my soul.
    I went walking early this morning. We had lots of thunderstorms yesterday and today it is so muggy it takes your breath away. DH wants to go fishing but I'm not sure he can handle the heat and humidity.
    I spent all weekend working on a blanket for my SIL and knitting socks. Also ordered fabric for some serious sewing.
    I hope everyone has a great week.

german hillbilly in Missouri

Congratulations 🎉 You are awesome! Keep up the good work and enjoy the feeling of losing weight. I can identify with your knitting and sewing projects.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I'd ordered a neck support from Amazon for DH and it arrived today. Quite a nice black one. :D I did the Epley Manoeuvre again with DH right now, but he only had a bit of dizziness on the same side as before. I will do the other side tomorrow if he's still a bit woozy. It's mainly at night, or if he's bending over. It could just be that he's not completely over the head bang.

Having salmon tonight with a wheat berry salad with lots of green beans etc. Normally I cook the salmon in the oven, but i think a pan is better in the heatwave. I think it may be a couple of degrees down from yesterday. :) London was around 100° yesterday, high 90s here.

Lost the excess on the excess weight, thank goodness. Now I want to lose some excess weight. ;) My middle area is not to my taste. :(

Spending most of my time watching 'Easy German' videos on YouTube. With the fan roaring away.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I'd ordered a neck support from Amazon for DH and it arrived today. Quite a nice black one. :D I did the Epley Manoeuvre again with DH right now, but he only had a bit of dizziness on the same side as before. I will do the other side tomorrow if he's still a bit woozy. It's mainly at night, or if he's bending over. It could just be that he's not completely over the head bang.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

If he's still dizzy from the head bang, it might be worth having an MRI.

M in Oz
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi Faye.

The family all called me SuziQ. Even though mom has been gone for almost five years I still hear her calling me that.

The Sturgis tattoo story - just cracked me up.

Thanks for the complement - I haven't posted a recent picture since I have gotten rid of all of the highlights. Maybe the next time I feel like putting on a little makeup. :smile:
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hi Faye.

The family all called me SuziQ. Even though mom has been gone for almost five years I still hear her calling me that.

The Sturgis tattoo story - just cracked me up.

Thanks for the complement - I haven't posted a recent picture since I have gotten rid of all of the highlights. Maybe the next time I feel like putting on a little makeup. :smile:

Well, you are a stunning babe without makeup and your hair really fits your natural beautiful facial features. Ok, the Mitchell story and the snake tattoos. I wish I had taken a photo.

I have always been a comedian and even did some standup at parties and small clubs in my 20-30's and growing up classmates called me Faye Q Funny. I have no idea what the Q was for. The principal addressed me as Della in Detention.

Faye Q Funny

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Pip - that looks like a nice park area for Yogi.

Heather - I would probably be enjoying the heat, we don't get it often enough for my liking.

Kylia - 4 hours before work! I am not a morning person so sort of just get at it! I don't like having time in the morning, I get up do what I need to do and leave the house. I don't eat breakfast so just grab a coffee on the way either at a take out or make at home to take depending on if I'm driving or not. My husband gets up an hour or more before he needs to leave.

Lisa - Does your daughter not have any friends that can help out a couple evenings? Are they a military family? Here the military wives all help one another out when they need to. I personally love watching my grandchildren, but understand those that don't. My Mom wasn't comfortable with my girls, truthfully she didn't know what to do with my Brother and I either. My Dad wanted to take them all the time but he knew Mom needed him to be around when he took them.

Karen - Congratulations on your last day!

Allie - I don't understand how this trust was set up that Jean isn't allowed to put Faith in a home. I think if it was her Father that set it up it was a mean thing to do. Some people are not caregivers, its not in their nature and to be forced into that situation would be awful. I personally couldn't do it, I am too uncomfortable in those situations. My husband when we were first married had to stay in the hospital after a surgery for a week longer than necessary as I was too uncomfortable changing dressings. Maybe Jean needs to have 24/7 care brought in now, then she can enjoy her mother as her mother and not have to be her caregiver.

SuziQ - My Grandmother called me SuziQ, since my name is Tracey and she actually had a granddaughter named Susan it made no sense. So when I see your name pop up, it reminds me of her.

Well I am at work so I should get at it.

Have a great day everyone.
    Tracey in Edmonton

• Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thinking about my high school name of Faye Q Funny, reminds me of a friend's comment. I told her about how I had told a story at work and the others were laughing and begged me to stop as they were trying to eat lunch. I told her they said, "Faye you are a very funny gal." and reminded her that is what she once said. She said, "I never said you were a funny gal, I said you are a funny TYPE of girl and there is a BIG difference."

Faye Q Funny
    Mid Or/Wa river girl
    ccr3d2jzetfi.jpg
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Heather I hope the neck support helps out. I found it to help but rarely wear it unless doing work that causes undue neck stain. The bending over sure sounds like hydrops if it is consistent daily. However, if the maneuver stops it, then I would say not hydrops. Why DH is having crystals continue to get in his semicircular canals is usual. Perhaps he has some lodged in a canal that will require the modified Epley. The Posterior canal is the easiest to dislodge the crystals with the traditional Epley, but the other canals can defy it requiring different maneuvers. You can see why the Anterior can be stubborn in the drawing below. They have to be dislodged from the Ampullae which with its high angle can be difficult because they must go upward as opposed to the other canals where they slope down from the Ampullae. The Lateral can be tricky because of its sharp bend. My new neck choker offers some support, but I think my racerback bra does me the most good as it keeps my back and neck aligned. I tend to slumber forward braless. I am not suggesting DH try a sports racerback bra, but .............

jbv5uk6e9dxr.jpg

Faye in USA
    C.R. Gorge
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Debbie – oh, we would pick and eat lettuce, too. There is this one farmer around here who has THE BEST corn I think I’ve ever had. It’s so sweet. Honestly, I use it for dessert sometimes. When it comes in I actually buy quite a bit and then freeze it. Right after I bought it, Jessica would have 4 ears at a time. Now that it’s frozen, she’ll only have two. Well…more for me

Went in the pool, got dinner for me ready to microwave (I’ll make a pizza for Vince). Jess and I will have sushi. Vince won’t eat it. Went to Michael’s earlier and got the yarn for some of the towels. There was this 6’ inflatable sprinkler on sale for $18. So I got it for PJ. Vince was upset at me for buying it, he says they’ll never use it because they have to deflate it and that’ll take a long time. Well, I’m not going to worry about that. I wanted to get this ceramic lamp that we would paint and give that to Denise for her baby shower. Vince kept saying that it was too small. Well, someone else bought her one of a whale and she really liked it. Pete and Denise seem to like BIG things. I told Vince that we would take it up to DE with us in Sept. He said he didn’t think we were going. I told him “why not” “restaurants are open, the beaches are open” How do I know this? A friend of mine told me and she lives in Rehoboth Beach. My friend Eileen from grade school now in NC just went there for a week and she didn’t have to self-quarantine. Neither did my other friend, Rita, from NJ. I don’t know what’s up with him.

Monday here: was going to do a new DVD for weights, only it wouldn’t play in my laptop (boo) so I changed and did a Cathe Friedrich one instead. The Plan for tomorrow is to do a Power Group Boot DVD. This is another new one so we shall see how it goes.

Exercised, stopped at Lowes Hardware, it appears they no longer carry the Ground Clear that we used to get so we ordered it from WalMart and it’ll be delivered. Not that it’s real heavy, but heavy enough. Then made dinner to microwave. Am supposed to go to Food Lion today at 1:30 so I want to have as much as possible done. Vince needs milk so while I’m there I’ll get him his milk. And since I get $3 off, I’ll also buy stuffing mix. This is the only store where I can get it. Don’t want to go in the pool today. Have my makeup on and don’t want to get water in my hair. We’ll see if I have time when I get home.

Lisa – good job on the weight loss

Karen – I think you were wise to get out of the job when you did. You’re right, when flu season comes, watch out!

SuziQ
    – I remember when the kids were little the general feeling seemed to be “she can do it, she doesn’t work”, now Pete was saying “it’s so much easier for you to come up here, you’re retired”. I remember one time FIL said “now that I’m retired, I don’t know where I found the time to work” At the time I thought “yea, right”. Now I know what he meant!!! I like the way you have everything off the floor in your pantry. Well, if the bottles of water get wet, what’s the worst that happens? The labels come off? Big deal.

Faye
    – what a price for that top. Now that’s a price I can live with. I’ve noticed that at Michael’s it used to be where you typed in your phone number to get the store points. Not that I ever had enough. But now they put the number in at the register. I know one time a while ago I was in front of someone and they asked if the store would put the number in so that she didn’t have to touch the keypad. You KNOW this was a while ago if I was close enough to hear this.

Anne in DE – remind me again, what part of DE are you in? That’s so scary about the roof. Glad no one was injured.

Mahjongg tonight! One of the two things I get to look forward to.

Michele NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    Got up early because I usually have one daycare kid Monday mornings- they usually confirm that they will be bringing him(only comes 2 hrs on Monday mornings and that is it for the week)-no text from them last night but I got up early just in case each parent assumed the other text me. Text them again this morning to see if he was coming- still no response. I don't have the other girl today so just sitting here with my tea, Hoping everything is ok but a bit annoyed too.
    Not sure what my plans will be today. Husband asked if I wanted to go shopping at the big Asian market with his mom- don't think so- not feeling like spending an afternoon with her. would rather stay home and do laundry or what ever.
    Hope everyone has a great Monday.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Howdy from North Texas - I'm Donna and I'm technically 49.5...but hope you are all ok with that. My metabolism is definitely over the 49 hump....so maybe that counts? ;D Anyway - I'm 205 days into tracking on here. I've lost 15-17 lbs depending on the day. I've done all of the different TDEE, BMR calculators..and have come up with various caloric goals. Just went to one specifically for older than 50 folks. My new TDEE is 1500 to lose 2 lbs a week. I've had numbers much higher...and lower. Here is my question... If by chance you are 5'3 'ish ....what is your calorie goal? Do you "zig zag" your calories to keep your metabolism rocking along? I'm planning to try to go to the gym at our rec center soon and check out if the covid cleaning standards are good enough that I would feel comfortable and safe there. I have been doing at home zoom zumba classes throughout quarantine. I'm starting to walk a few mornings a week with a friend at 6:15. With my business, (pet sitter full time) I do have the occasional dog walk to do. Of course, with the current covid situation...my business is slower than usual...so adding in walks on my own.