WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I’m having problems logging in with my laptop so I’m on my phone today. We have a beautiful day today.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up with Faith and have the 2 pups with me..
    I love my condo but not the crap that goes along with it. It is 55 and over and except for Trudy and I ,all the rest of the people are in there 70,80s and even a few 90s..
    We pay 305.00 a month and with the pandemic our gym,movie theater ,pub and library are off limits,they said last night they should have gone up farther.. the funds are supposed to take care of all of what we cant use the garbage,snow removal and mowing...
    But the cronies that run the board ,and the older ones want to just go along so the 13 of us that voted to use the reserves for elevator, now have to come up with 800.00 each to help.pay to fix it..
    I know owning a house is a problem too.. im tbinking maybe find something and just rent.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Faye - no worries on the heat and the swamp. I lived in Oregon (Coos Bay) for three years, and it was damp, cold and dark throughout the vast majority of all three of them. It was so incredibly beautiful... but by the time I left, every joint ached so badly from the cold and damp that I felt 20 years older, and that was with the highest dose of anti-inflammatories that I could safely take. I'm fine in the warm--I hurt a whole lot less.

Lisa in AR

This is why I live east where the desert starts. A few days is all I could ever take on the coast. I inherited the bone acing from my mom. It was once called rheumatism but that term has vanished it seems. I have never understood how anyone could live in Coos Bay or Astoria. They must love the damp gloom and sound of foghorns.

I was once going to move to Yachats. For those that don't know it is pronounced, YAH hots. I was thinking getting a little cottage near the water and walking barefoot in the sandy beach, wearing a light hippie skirt, no panties, and braless under a wrap halter top, bush my hair up as it loves to curl and kink and wave on the coast, put an azalea in my hair, and sing Kumbaya while painting a seascape on the beach while every passing guy exclaimed, "ya hots baby." Then I realized my bottle of Nehalem Bay Rose Cabernet was empty and the only way to fill it was with teardrops as my bank account was suffering the same sad state of affairs as my wine bottle.

Della Faye Fox
    #01 Hasbeen Babe Lane
    Nachat, Or 98765-4321
    Pronounced NOT hot

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    It's raining! :D Not a lot, but at least I'm not sweltering. Indoors still 82° but that is better than yesterday. I feel very comfortable.
    We will have to have the kids indoors, which is a bit of a problem. How to distance. Never mind. We can open the French windows and keep them in the dining room.
    Must go upstairs and close the roof light!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Tracey and others:
    🤣🤣😬 Rubbers -> Erasers are called rubbers in UK. 🤣🤣🤣
    Galoshes are called Wellies (Wellington Boots, Named after the Duke of Wellington)

I tried to get DH to rinse the washcloths, but he doesn’t have the knack of wringing them out enough. He does do a lot of housework, including the dishes, so I’m perfectly happy to do the finishing touches.

☘️ Terri
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Teri Well, rubbers I remember are known to erase what could lead to lengthy biographies.

Heather Glad things are cooling down. At those temps, I would have to cold shower in T-shirt and panties and stand in front of the fan of high. The problem is how to get anything done. There must be some compromise you can make with the reptile man.

Faye over and
    out to walk

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Barbie: We’ve more or less made the same decision. Minimal contact, and at a distance. Makes things very simple.

☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    shifting sands of time
    changes our normality
    adapt to survive

Survival of the fittest most adaptable!!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    For years and years I felt like I was young ... like late teens/early 20s. I had all kinds of energy and enthusiasm.

Then in 2018 I suddenly grew up. For the first time as an adult, I felt my age. It was quite a jolt. Like one day I was maybe 21 and having fun ... and the next I was 51, and not.

M in Oz
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    Once again the forum police computer changes the Biblical name for donkey to kitten. What the Frito? It allows talk about elephant penis but censors a slang use word for the butt. I am going to drag my old donkey out of here for now and get out and do more walking. Oh no, I used drag! Let me rephrase, I will unwillingly with a bit of exhaustion exit the door of my abode and move my legs in an action known as walking. Whew!!! I will ponder replacing penis with python or some snake whatever is appropriate. Look at that elephant python! Oh, I best put on some longer shorts and cover my kitten.

Faye
    PNW

Love this!
  • kevrit
    Options
    Hmmmm I wonder if Diet Pepsi would work as good as Diet Coke? I have some. Will have to try it!

RV Rita

Sorry guys. Missed a day and trying to catch up. Finished pg 46
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Faye thank you for your insight. I think Mental Illness is the least understood illness out there. Yet is it is one of the fastest growing. I do think there is a continuum like cancer and being on the the manic end is just as dangerous as the depressed end. You go into a psych ward there are no cards flowers maybe one or two visitors a day for a whole ward. They are the forgotten ill and the families and those who are ill do have NAMI but NAMI does not have the power to change the system. The Hippa laws we found only make in worse in may instances because when treatment is most effective and the families could advocate the loved one is in no shape to sign the form.

I am sorry to hear Oregon is not doing much better. The cruel part of mental illness is your mind often goes into denial as to how ill you are and treatment is not sought soon enough. Yes and treatment leave much to be desired. Why they do not auto- matically do Spect scans like they do Cat scans for cancer does not seem right.

They just go by your overt symptoms and then throw a drug at it.

• kevrit
    Options
    A friend just called to warn me that now we have an outbreak of the West Nile virus. Luckily I don't walk in areas where they breed and now the county is spraying heavy. What next?
    Faye

Pg. 47

2020: we now have listeria in our onions, potatoes, lettuce, peppers and other grocery store veggies: no one to pick the chili peppers or other fruits and veggies migrant workers work in: coffee shortage due to excessive heat killing coffee plants: hurricanes and tornados, and earthquakes in weird places: paper good and cleaning products shortages: meat shortages cause butchers are sick: the “blessed”CoVid: the plague in Southwestern cities from mice infestation looking for food we don’t have a lack of, West Nile Virus, and I know I missed some! What a year!!

RvRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    I’m already working on Christmas presents too! Went to Hobby Lobby the other day and they were putting up all the Christmas Crafts! Love it!

Pg 48
    RvRita