WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,811 Member
    Options
    Much needed rain right now which we need,as my grandfather used to say ,its dryer than a rat hole..we really need a good soaking rain...hopefully it lasts awhile
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,382 Member
    Options
    This is my drying cupboard
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,382 Member
    Options
    0vvnrsdvebxb.jpeg
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    Two minutes on the ministepper and plain chicken for snack. It's a great day!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,721 Member
    Options
    Poo
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Aack, so far behind in the subjects y'all are typing about!
    Facebook-
    I post mindless drivel! I am following sites that give me more mindless drivel, haahaa! I am on Messenger because that's how I communicate with family, and how I get my Athena fix pics from.

My middle son Patrick, ( Athenas dad), messages me, showing pics of the latest culinary masterpiece he's thrown together. I give him hints and its like he's channelling the part of me that never had a daughter. I can pass down tips to him and it does fill that void. Its kind of sad that my daughter in law isn't quite "interested" in doing the majority of the cooking. She does bake though, but the day to day meals I think falls on my son. Its a strange setup, but the world has changed with roles regarding who does what.

For me, part of how I show love is baking, and cooking with care. I was raised to be a people pleaser! My Mom was a classic case. She would ask how you liked something she made, before you even took the first bite. If it wasn't a resounding yes, she'd have a myriad of reasons why it wasn't perfect. She put a lot of pressure on herself. I ask my guys maybe halfway thru dinner, usually when they're still chewing so all I get is yummy noises.

Washing machine Japanese style -
    When we went over to Japan, our second tour, we acquired a Japanese made machine to go in our housing goods. Think of the smallest apartment washer, then go smaller. It wasn't automatic, so you turned on the water, watched it fill, then turned on a kitchen like timer knob that agitated. When that was done you hit a button to empty, then did the process all over again. I felt so like a Renaissance washerwoman! On one corner of the washer was a tube like the little container spinners you see at a swimming pool changing room. So you put ONE item in a time and it spun it so it wasn't dripping wet when you hung it. Jeans were especially fun because I had to hold the machine because it would be off center. I would yell, "take it"! Then of course, hanging stuff out on our balcony was only permitted on the days everyone else in the neighborhood put out their laundry! I had fancy hangers with many clips that folded up when not in use. Think of a plastic ring with lots of clips for socks, it was quite the innovative design.👍. We were put on a list in the Housing Office for a washing machine/dryer stackup. When it came, I had to ask my Japanese friend what all the kanji characters meant!

Well nothing else new in my world, no news from youngest Navy son, but I deal. Husband turns 60 at the end of the month. I am clueless at what to get him. Maybe lasagna, because he hasn't had that in awhile. On 28th we travel to Seattle for his 5 min liver transplant wellness appointment. Dreading that, but we'll travel early and rest in the car.

💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Pip - I love Yogi's bed....and, where does he sleep? Oh, in the middle of the floor! Also love the natural look of your place - all of the wood is very calming.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Rita - Wow, how they blend in!! Cool pictures.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    BETSY ~ Welcome back but sorry about your sister.

Carol in GA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday I was off yesterday. Went to doctor for my 6 month checkup and my blood work was pretty close to normal, but Sed Rate is still high and my hives are back all over again. So not happy and doctor has no answer. Also found out I am 1&half inches shorter then last year.
    Then DH and I just took off for the day. Went geocache and had lunch at this little BAR B Q place we like. Shared an order of pulled pork nachos. Was a nice day.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3

Vicki
    I think you might have answered this already awhile back but I just can’t remember for sure. Have you been tested for Alpha-gal allergy? LabCorp test 602284. AGS (Alpha-Gal Syndrome) can cause the symptoms you are experiencing. Your doctor probably has already looked into this possibility.

<3

Karen in Virginia

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I was almost through catching up when DH came in excited and wanting me to bring my phone and open camera. He almost stepped on a baby rattle snake! It was right under our sewer dumping pipe, where DH was in the process of out weekly dumping.
    Warning- not for snake-a-phobias!
    k09qxmucxqip.jpeg
    be9f4pb0d2h3.jpeg

Now I am wearing steel toes shoes and spraying clove oil around! I got lax on it and now am paying for it!

Today is 8/19/20

World Humanitarian Day (not for snakes!!!)
    National Aviation Day- US
    Savior of the Apple Feast - Worldwide
    Spicy Food Day - US
    Independence Day in Afghanistan

RV Rita shaking and spraying!

Rita Time for thick leather boots up to the knee! The little guys are as deadly as the big ones. Maybe even heavy leather gloves up to the armpits for DH when he is attending to sewer responsibilities. Glad he didn't get bit.

Faye
    PNW

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,721 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Gosh Karen, that Alpha Gal thing sounds horrible. I've never heard of it before! Those ticks are horrible.
    Vicki, have you had the blood test?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx