Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbara:
    So sorry about your nephew’s health. Sending prayers for him. <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,323 Member
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Barbara Sorry to hear about your nephew's chest mass. ((Hugs)) for you.

Karen in Virginia
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    <3
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Sarah Where are the photos of she shed? I have gone through the thread several times and somehow keep missing it. I am a she shed/tiny house fanatic. I miss the days of my mountain living when I had a real she shed and lived in it until I built the main cabin. It then became my studio/shop. I hope you have a lightning rod on it so you don't suffer the same loss as Cheryl.

Katla/Barbara I confess to being foolish. I buy our Umapua ice cream as it is usually 2 for the price of 1 and I like it as well as Tillamook. I found out Tillamook owns Umapua. I confess to eating a bowl full daily.

Rebecca Can you please give me the persons name that had the time and interest to weigh the elephant's second trunk? It might be my boyfriend from many years ago that prized himself with having elephant status, which I never complained until he started seeing another woman and his mistake was coming over to my place to fall asleep after such an encounter which being the handywoman I am applied super glue to said part which then stuck nicely to his abdomen. I never saw him again or ask for the return of my bathrobe after I dropped him off at the ER. He never mentioned it to anyone as he didn't want his mama to know. She thought I was the cat's meow. The nurses knew and I was their idol.

Grandmalie You are now getting close to my schedule. It takes time but you will learn to sleep into 3 AM in time with that 6 PM bedtime.

Barbara Well I guess any bra swapping between us is out. Narrow shoulders and large boobs and me with wide shoulders small boobs. I can live with an XL for band fit, but I can carry my picnic lunch in the cups unless it is a school girl sports training bralette. So glad you found one that fit. Nothing like a great fitting sports bra.

Sharon Oh my accosted twice that is bad memories. I have also been accosted more thn once plus a high-speed chase over 120 MPH through a New Mexico Indian reservation at midnight on a highway that 60 MPH was dangerous to get away from 4 guys in an old hot rod Chevy that tried to get me to pull over at a stoplight leaving the last town for 80 miles. They banished a gun and I hit the gas in my Camero Z 28 running the red light hoping to attract a cop and the chase was on for over 40 miles. I buried the speedometer at 120 centered in the 2 lane highway and finally, they turned around. I was so shaken that I pulled over at a rest stop near Albuquerque and passed out. I was awakened by a cop and I told him my story and he said these guys were picked up trying to abduct another young lady.

Teri Thanks for the positive post!

PiP "On the road again" at 1:55 AM! That is the way I always loved to travel. I loved that early morning start.

Heather BPPV and now enlarged prostate, sounds like DH isn't getting a break. Sorry, there is no maneuver for the prostate problem, but at least he is now assuming a safe position on the loo.

Kylia Migraines are ugly. I feel blessed I haven't had one for 6 years. Mine was related to neck damage and inner ear problem. I hope you can get a handle on them without having to use dangerous drugs.

Kate So sad your family is out of work over this viral mess. Lots of folks here out of work also.

Faye - Mid Columbia River
    Armed with trusty super glue
    that makes cheating men shiver

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    Iiii
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    Barbara:
    I confined my ice cream eating to our occasional theatre visits, but since they are on hold, I have bought a small tub for the freezer which we use on our Sunday strawberries. Fortunately, we are stuffed with veggies at dinner, so the temptation to over-indulge in ice cream is greatly reduced.

Heather:
    I was worried about my grandson who graduated at the beginning of July, but he seems to have landed a good job in IT.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    2191610q208gshr57.gif

Off to walk without my friend this morning so I'll be listening to my book.

<3 Barbie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,682 Member
    Morning ladies~What a weird night, so I did finally fall back asleep until almost 8:45 , I feel much better .. but still very weird.... have to have my tea first and then have things I need to do around the house.. here I am hoping I am handy enough to switch my cable boxes around..
    I purchased a washer /dryer combo to use in my unit.. will have to use daily as it has a small drum and had to buy another garbage disposal ,mine died... I have to say the girl who helped me at Home Depot was sweet and got me a 10% discount on both things will be delivered and installed on Aug 29th
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    I’m trying to catalogue my poetry this avo. I may be gone for some time lol🤓

Weather is very temperamental!
    ☘️ Terri
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    I am researching the rules for she sheds, but that appears to be a tiny house instead of a she shed. However, I am not up on all the latest terminology and once stood corrected on my interpretation of "wifey." When friends of Zek referred to me as his wifey, I corrected them with squinted eyes, while shaking my finger at them and said with an Arkansas drawl, "Read my lips, I never, never, I have never, never, I have never done the uglies with that man." I learned the label wifey entails acting like a wife and not necessarily involves hanky panky.

Sarah Awesome job! Very nice tiny house.

Well, old dummy me never realized that all that spoiler stuff was a link to photos. I thought it was a link to advertising so I avoided clicking on it. What I have missed due to my paranoia.

m2977cxmfxog.jpgro6vvm23lnww.jpg

Still searching for the Coop's DB's stash
    I could sure use an extra-large pile of cash

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,830 Member
    I'm trying to think of a way to celebrate my husband's 65th birthday.

(If you want to know a little bit more about him and us, see my About Me spoiler in my first post in this thread ... page 1 I think ).

He doesn't want to go to a restaurant but I might be able to arrange take away.

I'm thinking of making Lava cake. One of my specialties.

I'd kind of like to get him a gift but have no idea what. We usually celebrate these things by traveling, treating ourselves to an event, and cycling but we can't do much of that these days.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited August 2020
    Faye- Well at least his other troubles, neck pain, dizzy, took his mind off his back pain! He couldn't use the rower or elliptical for some time, just the bike, and has only just gone back to the elliptical. Much improved back. I hope he stays off the rower for a while.
    He has had prostate problems for a few years, but would never go to the doctor. :# It was the hospital that made the appointment for him. :) Appears to be no cancer problem, but they are doing a blood test in 2 weeks to be sure.

Went for my 5k. Lovely breeze. DH walked with me. <3 Stopped off at the friendly deli on the way back for veggies galore. I bought a marrow! :D I will stuff it with my ragu and bake it in foil on Wednesday. Tonight is Provençal fish soup with tilapia fillets, rouille, croutons and grated cheese.

Good day. I even did my writing. If I write and run, that is a good day.

Love Heather UK xxxxx

• SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    Faye thanks! I’m glad you found the spoiler! If you ever want to use it for pictures or a “rant” you find that option under the paragraph icon just click on it and then click on spoiler. You might want to try it out for fun!!

<3 Sarah
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Did a body pump video. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Get Strong Sexy and Skinny DVD

Ken & Lynette came over last night. Even Vince said that Ken looked bad. He is normally very well shaven, he has like 3 day’s growth. I know they reduced his pain med and they aren’t giving him anything in addition. To me, it looked like he was in more pain than normal. But I think he enjoyed coming over. He and Vince could talk music. It’s a shame, he really can’t get out. About the only thing he really has is his music. At his age and with his disability, there is no way he’ll find another job. Admitted employers can’t say it is because of age or disability, but you know that happens.

Made a chocolate cake last night for Vince and then some icing to put on it. I cut it up today and will put ½ of it in the freezer along with the extra icing

Heather
    – I’ve often wondered something. When we were in Europe, you had to pay something to use the bathroom. Do you still have to? If you do, how do you do it drinking so much water? I know sometimes I just barely have time to get my shorts down before I go. I don’t think I could wait to insert a coin.

Barbara
    – sending good thoughts to your nephew and his family. I know how hard it is to lose a parent when you are young

Oh, Vince’s tests came back. It’s only a cyst thank goodness

Faye
    – “super glue and cheating man”….precious lol

M
    – happy birthday to your hubby

Michele NC
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Shagging my old fading skinny skeleton _ _ _ (biblical name for a donkey) down to the river donned in sports bralette and homemade wrap skirt to get in my long walk while I search for the world-famous DB Cooper stash. Not wearing my dentures or any makeup. It helps detour any conversation from the old handsome fit hunks that sometimes jog there. Generally, a toothless smile and good morning helps them speed their pace. I am such a motivational fitness trainer.

kh921ry6nz33.jpg
    vmfmdmn93akj.jpg4gt7beoz0dlw.jpg

Gray hair with donned school girl braletta
    I walk the river banks with skirt in wrap
    I breathe the air so fresh distancing viral crap
    Many thoughts I ponder as the banks I wander
    Is DB's stash across the river yonder
    Also why my folks named me Faetta

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,728 Member
    Barbara - prayers for your nephew and his family.

Heather - I hope Johnny mentioned the lightheaded feeling to the doctor as well, good that they don’t feel it’s cancer though. It’s worrying times for so many right now with job insecurities.

Machka - are there any tools or anything he would like for his gardens? He seems to enjoy the gardens so much and Spring is coming in your neck of the woods.

I had a busy morning yesterday, I cleaned and did laundry. I had no choice but to do the laundry but it heated the whole house so much I ended up doing hardly anything the rest of the day.
    My cousins daughter and granddaughter came to visit in the evening. They stayed late as the baby had a very long late nap and was very energetic. She is 18 months old. It was a nice visit and I need to make more of an effort to be a support for her since her Mother passed last year.

Today is a holiday here and I have no plans. I hear thunder rumbling for the last half hour or so, but no sign of rain or lightning yet. I need to figure out what to do, just sitting and watching tv is not my idea of a good day.

Tracey in Edmonton

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited August 2020
    Howdy, my little chickadees.
    😎 Delighted to have been gifted with another opportunity to be. So much better than the alternative. Excited to see what the day will bring.

breath invigorates
    engaging creative gears
    in opportune thought

Sarah:
    Awesome SheShed! 😂

Later: just did my HIIT workout, and now I'm set for my breakfast. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring, but I love surprises! 😂

Good vibes, Welcomes, and Felicitations as needed.

☘️ Terri

Terri- your comment at the beginning of your message made me smile. That is what my great aunt Minnie would always call us- her little chickadees. Miss her. On mom's side of the family, she was the only one I was taller than(and when she was alive I was only 4'11) she was very tiny but mighty

Debbie
    Napa Valley , CA