WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2020
    💜💛💚💙
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Lisa: I don’t care for racer back bras, either. I found some bras on Amazon that are just what I like-underwire, and lace with over the shoulder straps. I like to shop in stores, but none nearby were selling anything I was willing to buy. :ohwell: Three cheers for Amazon. :star:

Deliafaye: Having a bowl of ice-cream daily is not on my list because if I have a carton I eat it until it is gone. :embarassed: I allow myself to buy a cup at the ice cream store once or twice a week. It makes a difference. :star: Did they find DB Cooper’s remains back when? I know the money wasn’t found then. If you find the money, enjoy it. :bigsmile:

Pip: Nice to see you! :smiley:

Machka: Happy Birthday to your DH. :star:

Heather: I agree with you about rowers. I think they often lead to back injuries. The bike and/or an elliptical are better choices. Walking is best in dry weather. We love to walk in our neighborhood. We live between two lovely nearby parks. :heart:

Tracey: I always wash clothes in cold water. I hang pants and tops to dry in the laundry room and use the dryer for undies, towels and such. DH puts everything of his in the dryer. I remember the wonderful smell of line dried clothes, but I haven’t had that option in years. Our previous home had a large contingency of birds who liked to use laundry for target practice, so we used the dryer there, too. :ohwell:

Katla in Beauftiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited August 2020
    Tracey - NO, of course he didn't. :#

Michele - I nearly always stopped at a cafè for a wee. Or a museum, gallery. But yes, you usually have to pay elsewhere. I need to be weed and watered frequently. I'm a nuisance.
    I am following my friend's progress through France by text. She very nearly missed the train to Bordeaux because the Eurostar was late. But she is safely on board. I am jealous.

Katla- I love the rower, but his back has been niggling him for months. I row for two half hour sessions most days. No ill effects. :D

I haven't worn any form of bra for years. Most of my life, in fact. Almost any bra makes me feel as if I am being crushed in a vice. I wear a tight, stretchy camisole instead. I have a very wide back and smallish breasts. They are still holding up well, despite breastfeeding two babies for 8 months each. :p My mother retained her perky breasts into old age. Unfortunately I have also inherited her cellulite thighs. :'(:'(

Love Heather , stuck in the UK. XXXXX
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    xc3qexbuwxh7.png
    Machka in Oz

MachkaLove this! Where did you find it!?

Barbara Sending prayers your family's way.

Cheri
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    I need to be weed and watered frequently. I'm a nuisance.

Heather,
    I'm so stealing that phrase, but will give you credit. :smiley: A very good description of me, as well.

Half an hour on the elliptical and two hours of watering and shifting dirt around in the yard, and supposedly burned 1300 calories combined. I don't eat my exercise calories back at this stage anyway, so it's not terribly important other than to prove to myself I'm moving as much as I want to.

Still have to go out and mow, and have talked to two of my favorite friends this morning, so will put my earplugs in and go mow. Will also keep me out of the kitchen until after 11 a.m. and since I'm going to get all schmutzy, and am already filthy from the dirt shifting, will save needing a second shower.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Katla - we aren’t allowed to have clothesline’s or to hand clothes outside in our trailer park. I don’t know when this became rules in so many places but I sure wish they would abolish it. It’s more environmentally friendly, you would think they would be encouraging it.

Heather - “weed and watered regularly”, this made me laugh out loud!
    There are new studies that show that wearing bras actually are worse than no bra for staying uplifted. Something about how the muscles become lazy in bras. I am a D cup and the minute I am home with just my husband and I the bra comes off. My MIL used to lecture me about this all the time.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Kevrit- yes i really do need to ger back on it.. i felt wonderful and right now im doing alot of carbs...
    Doing another overnight Thursday and the weekend with Faith ,will put the money in the bank and be able to pay the bills...im still trying to figure out the cable boxes...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited August 2020
    Tracey - I think it's all in the genetics. My thighs have plagued me all my life. Hate, hate, hate them. But my breasts, which I deemed too small when I was a teenager, have stood me in good stead all my life. I had cancer in one, but that has come through with flying colours, cross fingers, and is even more perky than the other one! :p

I've used that phrase weeed and watered for very many years. If I go on a jaunt I do have to warn people. When I first met DH he could go all day, but now he is as bad as me! My girlfriends also. Weak bladders unite! >:) Fortunately Saga,which is aimed at old people, was always very good at that sort of thing. Lots of toilet stops on a coach trip. I always have a mental map of available toilets in my head when I go anywhere.
    In London I knew every one.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    ini20iey75eu.png
    breakfast this morning- went out and picked more raspberries and found the nectarines were ripe so picked most of them- first crop we got any of- the last two years were smaller crops as it is a very young tree that just popped up and someone took all the fruit off of it before we got any. It is right at the sidewalk in front. I told my husband last year I wanted to put an electric fence/wire up it to keep people out.I have no problem at all sharing but to be watching and watching for them to get ready- kids and I were checking every other day for them to ripen and go out and have them all gone.
    The skin is a bit tough and they are small but taste really good- not sure what I will do with them besides enjoy them fresh and share them.
    The date/coconut balls are from one of the daycare parents- they are really good- would be easy to eat a bunch of them but I stayed with just two. So about 260 cal for that dish. A lot more than I usually eat this early in the day- will need to stay away from the snacks today for sure.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,818 Member
    Just finished a two mile walk. Took me an hour but went slow as it’s still hot and I haven’t done it in a long tine. Feels great!

Today is:

Today is:
    Picnic day Australia
    Arbor Day Nigeria
    Watermelon day US
    White wine day worldwide
    Clean your floors worldwide
    Civic holiday Canada
    Independence Day Nigeria

What will you celebrate??

RV Rita
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Only time to send :heart: Love you all....

Margaret ... love to you <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    [

Once you figure out what they're trying to do, what is not allowed, and what the different maneuvers are called, its quite fascinating! Its nice to practice my Japanese by saying each wrestlers name. My favorites
    Hakuho
    Tochinoshin
    Enho
    Wakatakakage
    Kaise
    Ishiura
    there is more but that's just me showing off.👍
    💖Rebecca

Rebecca- we have given all of our cats Japanese names- husband is 1/2 Okinawan and 1/2 Yugoslavian
    Neko
    Umaku
    Tora
    Shima
    Tonashi
    Miso
    Shiro

[/quote]

Dk, how cool! When we were stationed in Yokosuka we lived off base in a area called Nobi, right off the Yokosuka/ Chuo trainline. Well, I have always been a cat lover and we had a couple really cute ones in our neighborhood. Saying, "here kitty-kitty" does not make a Japanese car come to you! So then next time I saw one I used all my Japanese words all run together like a silly person. I swear I saw the cat meow "nanni" (what)! Then I learned the word for cat "nekko". So next time I saw the cat I leaned down, hand out, saying Nekko, nekko, and the cat came to me! I can talk to Japanese cats! It was thrilling.😄🎉✨
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    That funny list was posted on my intermittent fasting group site on Facebook. I had to save it! Glad you enjoyed it!
    💖Rebecca
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Today, my daughter-in-law and the two grands (grades 4 & 5) returned to face-to-face learning at school. We are just praying that they will not contract the virus and will be safe.

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    I need to be weed and watered frequently. I'm a nuisance.

Heather,
    I'm so stealing that phrase, but will give you credit. :smiley: A very good description of me, as well.
    :)Heather, I, too, will steal that phrase and mention your name but probably won't pay royalties.

<3 Barbie