WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Hope our East coast ladies stay safe from the Hurricane/tropical storm.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Kymarai-
    Im in Connecticut and we will be hit with it today,not as much rain but damaging winds,will have my dogs and granddaughter so we will hunker down here..
    Bras gosh how i hate them i am a 40 G,yup i got fitted that G is for good God ..hopefully when i lose the weight some of that will go.away..
    Have to stop at the store and get a couple things this morning...
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Sharon Congrats on that first great grand! That is awesome. Very cute. Smiling about your confession of 80's nudism. I was never a nudist but might as well have been with some of those scant sports bikinis I made and wore during the '70s and '80s.

Della Faye - former shameless windsurfer
    Cheeky on the Columbia & Scant on the Snake
  • Faetta
    Options
    Terri Never really thought about it but you could be right that men are designing sports bras. I have never seen a man in a sports bra, but I have seen some that could benefit from a sports bra.

Kylia The way "bra experts" determine cup size is so inaccurate and misleading. I measure 33" under boob and 36" bust which by their standards is a C cup. Yeah right! They never consider the over boob measure which is so important especially in us fit ladies that have developed muscle there.

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa lol 34 long

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🟢🧡🔵💚🟡💛
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Ya'll have me in stitches, especially you Lisa .. lord I need a good laugh..
    I cant wear genie or any of the.other kind,i need the over the shoulder boulder holder..my boss that passed away ,i said something about running and black eyes and he didn't understand, well i just pointed to the boobs and he turned 15 shades of red... oh it was hilarious...
    I was thin and well endowed in my teens so i got alot of dates thinking they were gonna get to see em. No sir re bob..
    I have taken the garbage out to the dumpster,stopped at the store and of course i forgot milk ugh.. will have to stop one more time, then went and picked up Homer ,have him here with me ,put all the plants in safe places outside and will take Alfie to the vet in a bit,having his teeth looked at to see if they need cleaning...then pick up Taliah and bring her here with me..and we will hunker down as Leslie Jordan says
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Getting it off my chest

That is how I feel about almost all sport bras that come in 5 sizes.

Think about it! A pattern is made for a small which is considered perfect for A cup women. Now it is reduced proportionally to make an extra small perfect for AA cup. Then the small is increased proportionally to make a medium perfect for that B-C cup and then large perfect for C-D cup. Extra-large for D -DD and if you are larger then tough titties for you, sorry about your bad luck.

So what is the problem you ask? Why do you have your panties in a twist, Faye? Simple, I say because women's under boob measure does not proportionally increase with breast size. Think about it! For example, my under measure is 33" and so is a friend, but my bust is 36" and hers is 46." We require the same band size but the bust size is drastically different. I can wear a large sports bra and in the days of necessary pads, I could store several days supply in the excess cup area, while my friend would be screaming in pain accusing Hitler of inventing the 5 sizes of sports bras all the while her breast either bludging out turning blue or being compressed with prejudice making a mammogram feel like happy hour with the girls.

I have made this presentation to companies in the past begging them to make compression sports bras like they do other lingerie bras and the responses were always from MEN telling me that size medium is my size and fits 28DDDD to 36B. Probably not even real men, just boys with their oversize puke awful shorts hanging down to their knees showing the world their sissy boxers while they swagger about looking like circus chimps. What is with all those chains? Anyway, trying to get a company to make sports bras for real natural women is futile. Yes, I know I could get a boob job and have my phony boobs busting out of your size large, but you could also pull up your pants and return your brain to your skull.

Every woman is unique. I seriously doubt that any woman has identical twins. One breast always seems to be larger. Hopefully, none of you suffer my one boob a cup size larger than the other syndrome. A bra that fits my biggest breast nicely would require two feminine napkins inserted on the other to get that Hollywood balance. I know you large breasted babes suffered some insults as teens, but make no mistake us girls of a lesser endowment didn't get a free pass. I mean things like, "Faye you need to call AAA." "Why?" "Because you need to get those flats changed." It was hurtful and led to bra stuffing and silly stupidity.

I wish my vision was good, my hands were more steady, and my attitude didn't suck. I would get a serger and start making real custom made to your measure sports bras. Ladies that have dabbled in this have all gone strictly to just swimwear or coped a bad attitude, threw their machine out the window, and either joined a nudist group and went braless for sports or suffered the cruel and unusual punishment of those ill-fitting generic commie slave labor made, mass-produced, butt ugly, sports bras.

Fay with an e
    Northwest USA
    mufx14zifea9.jpg

• Faetta
    Options
    Heather Awesome! Your confession makes me confess to windsurfing nude across the Snake River. Windsurfing topless happened more than once. Summertime spent in scant bikinis. Regretting those times every year when they remove skin cancer.

Carol Really? I saw those things! Even one that would make me a B cup, but something about it just didn't seem right. I decided braless was healthier.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tracey: I have always enjoyed thunder and lightning--at a safe enough distance. :star:

Machka: We had a relatively warm winter. No snow that I recall, but Covid Virus fell out of the sky, in a jet at PDX from China. Seattle got it at about the same time, different jet. Now everybody has it. :ohwell:

Pip: I hope that Bette is happy in its new home. You, too. :heart:

Kylia: GYN is no fun. I’ve chosen to have women doctors for GYN issues. In fact, DH & I both prefer women doctors for nearly all medical matters. They’re more thorough and communicate better than most of the male physicians we’ve ever had. DH’s male MS doctor is the exception. He is excellent. :star:

Lisa: Congrats on your non-scale victory!!! :bigsmile:

Machka: I’m glad you made it home safely and your power is on. :smiley:

Heather: Sending good wishes for a successful surgery for your brother. :heart:

Allie: Enjoy your time with Taliah. I’m a bit envious. My grandchildren are far away. :ohwell:

Katla in Beauftiful NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Lisa Your 34 long, reminds me of a friend with a similar presentation that said she wanted a third one so she could braid them, roll them up and wear a cheap high scoop sports bra for that trending uniboob look!!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did Strong Sexy and Skinny DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Dressed Up Drills DVD.

Katla
    – I can’t wear an underwire bra. It hurts my chest too much. I’m so small that I absolutely have to have a padded bra. What is the advantage of washing clothes in cold water? Do you also wash sheets in cold water? Unfortunately, we can’t hang our clothes outside. I always loved how the clothes smelled when I was able to hang them outside

Lisa
    – I figure that having to go to the bathroom helps increase my steps. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Put down weed killer by the pool. Now we shall see how long it takes to work. Lowes no longer carries the type of weed killer I normally used but this guy who said he works for the city told me that he used another one and it worked well. So we shall see.

Heather
    – whenever I’m asked if I drink enough water, I just say “you name the store and I can tell you where the bathroom is”

Carol GA
    – will the grands be going to school every day of the week? I know around here they’re talking about the kids going to the physical school two days out of the week and doing it at home the other three

Krussell – welcome! You became a member by posting! Easy peasy, huh?

Sharon Seattle
    – Freya is so cute. Thanks for sharing the pics. When will you get to see her?

I can’t go too long on the rowing machine. All the ones at the gym have hard plastic seats and after a while that starts to bother me

All this talk about bras reminded me of a joke: a teenager was going to go out but she wasn’t wearing a bra. Her grandmother was aghast! She told her grandmother: “these are my rosebuds”. Well, the next day the grandmother came downstairs not wearing a bra and the teenager was aghast. Her grandmother said “if people can see your rosebuds, then they can see my hanging baskets”

Kylia OH – whenever I had to get a cortisone shot for the trigger finger, I usually had to close my eyes and I made this face like you wouldn’t believe it burned so much. And I have a high tolerance for pain.

Sunny here today. Fortunately, we are so far inland that we didn’t get affected by the hurricane.

Pip – glad you had a safe trip. Can’t wait for pics

M – stay safe. This won’t last forever (unlike it feels like this CV will)

Jess is having some sort of video conference the next few days. We’re going to have sushi today, Vince will have meatloaf.

Going to get dinner ready to be microwaved (except Jess’) then into the pool.

Michele NC